Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Looks like a fun title! I'll definitely check this out! Indeed, I don't feel that there are enough all-ages reading material and I'm sure that my students would love this title. Lunella looks precocious and clever. Indeed, I like this tagline of an Inspector Gadget who knows what's she doing.

As for what happened to Moon Boy, well, I don't think we should ignore that. Moon Boy was a part of Devil Dinosaur's history and I'm sure Moon Boy means a lot to Devil Dinosaur. I think it would be cool to bridge the past and present if he showed up in whatever capacity.

Still, this appears to be Lunella's story. Let us all be open and excited for what happens with her. I sure am.

Edit: Y'know thinking it over, part of me really wishes that Justin Seyfert and his Sentinel were still around. I think it would have been cool to see Justin and Lunella getting into a shouting match over who was better, the Sentinel or Devil Dinosaur.
    Last edited by Tien Long; 08-13-2015 at 07:59 PM.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Count me in! A girl with a T-Rex! Sounds just amazing, throw in the inspector Gadget nod and I'm already hoping for team ups here with different characters.

Tony: Ah...Nice Dinosaur?....
    Devil: Grrrrr.....

Side note, I would be okay if this had a Moon-Boy too, co protagonists can be a lot of fun. I'm a bit worried about the whole Moon-boy not there suddenly, I don't like the idea of the character dying suddenly or getting eaten or something or just going poof. If Devil's more like a pet that could be a heart ripping moment right there.

Mighty Member

Very interesting concept...I'm curious to see what kind of stories they will tell. Although I do have some issues/concerns:

1: I'm totally ok with this being all ages, really, but how well does marvel think people react to their kids reading a book about a character with Devil in the name? I personally would let my kids read it if I had kids, but I imagine the more conservative folks would be concerned.

2: To what I said earlier; what kind of stories are they going to tell? I think 99% of people can agree that you add a t-rex to anything and it's awesome, but what is she going to be doing the whole time? personally, I hope the focus in on her being a super-genius and make this a crazy sci-fi adventure book, kinda like a wacky Saturday morning cartoon

P.S. does anyone else feel a big hero 6 vibe coming from this or is it just me?

all in all, I would say i'm more intrigued than I am excited.

Mighty Member

also, I hope the fact that its ll ages doesn't mean the cut short on devils ferocious/savage nature. he is a giant red t-rex. he's gotta feed/hunt. I don't need or want anything excessive, but don't shy away from having an apex predator as a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    It's canon in that kinda-sorta-ehhh way.
    Well thanks to Al Ewing and the Mighty Avengers it's definitely canon. NEXTWAVE was revealed to be extra dimensional nasties messing with Monica and company for giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I'm assuming that the latter was the mistake. The assistant editor refers to her as a "kid".
    I'm calling anyone bellow 18 a kid personally.

This is going to be so amazing. I really hope Disney helps promote this through their media like Disney magazine etc because this looks like an absolute winner.

I was enjoying Rocket Girl. I wish this title success as I wait patiently for it to wrap up so Rocket Girl can resume.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

moon boy wasn't white. he was a monkey/ape humanoid.

This just makes me miss Gert and Old Lace.

If only someone could've recaptured BKV's magic.

-Pav, who thinks Devil Dino is fun but won't be buying this...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

All-New Member

This sounds cool, my 3 year old daughter is just getting into comics a bit, maybe this is something we can follow together. I'm glad Marvel are trying to do a wider range of titles at the moment; hope some of it sticks.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

I would much rather have read a solo on-going about Nextwave's Devil Dinosaur and his rise to power... but it's good that a company is trying to make a push for some more all-age books.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I would much rather have read a solo on-going about Nextwave's Devil Dinosaur and his rise to power...
    Thanks a lot. I want that book now.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Thanks a lot. I want that book now.
    yeah, I'm going to have to look into it myself.

BANNED

Also, this could be the next Big Hero Six for Disney. Except for the word Devil in the title it's a concept that screams for a cute animated film.