Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel Introduces "Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur" By Reeder, Montclare & Bustos

Marvel's favorite red T-Rex gets a new friend in the upcoming series from Amy Reeder, Brandon Montclare and Natacha Bustos.

Full article here.

BANNED

This could be very cool.

Does Devil ditch Steve Rogers for the girl? Or when NuMarvel starts, does everyone shuffle around and land in these disparate stories?

What happened to Moon Boy? Are they trashing another Kirby icon? (Yes, I'm joking.)

Sandy Hausler

BANNED

am i the only one thrown off by moon girl's hairstyle?

With a Woman of Color artist and a writer experienced in writing women of color (and both good at their craft).

There's hope for this project yet.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

I' m thrown off by the comment that she's three and a half feet tall. How old is this kid supposed to be,anyway?

this wont last 12 issues then because of poor sales neither of these characters will be seen again for at least 2-3 years.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Waiting to Take Over... Charles J. Baserap's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I' m thrown off by the comment that she's three and a half feet tall. How old is this kid supposed to be,anyway?
    My daughter just turned 6 and is half an inch shy of 4' tall.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Does Devil ditch Steve Rogers for the girl? Or when NuMarvel starts, does everyone shuffle around and land in these disparate stories?
    There's probably multiple Devil Dinosaurs (I saw one in a Battleworld comic with Moonboy and Deadpool). Devil is not normally with Cap, it's only Planet Hulk that puts them together. That's also not getting into whether the version seen in NEXTWAVE is even canon (where he can talk, drinks champagne, and apparently ate Moonboy out of spite/hurt)

Sounds cool and fun, and I might try it out if I can afford it, but I wonder what's going to happen to Moon Boy?

And somehow Wasp is still not in a book.

Well as usual, the FB crowd is already on it, with some people citing this as yet another "change sex/skin/ethnicity to please Disney and little girls" garbage remark, because stupid people are stupid people, and you can't say "dumbass" without the F-bomb.

On a not-serious note, It's a little present-day Inspector Gadget-esque girl riding a freaking red dinosaur for crying out loud! What's not to love about that premise?!? I've never heard of this character until now, but just seeing the title and imagining of a little girl riding a dinosaur around a neighborhood without a care in the world immediately got me very interested!

This looks adorable! And I'm intrigued by the line about her brain working a little differently than everyone else's. I wonder if Lunella is meant to be on the autistic spectrum.

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds cool and fun, and I might try it out if I can afford it, but I wonder what's going to happen to Moon Boy?
    Moon Boy represented a pernicious and patriarchal stereotype. Moon Girl fixes that.
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."