Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

Yessss This is just too much. I LOVE Squirrel Girl and i'm sure i'm going to LOOOOVE this.

Moon Boy will be in the book for a short stint i think
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Well as usual, the FB crowd is already on it, with some people citing this as yet another "change sex/skin/ethnicity to please Disney and little girls" garbage remark, because stupid people are stupid people, and you can't say "dumbass" without the F-bomb.

On a not-serious note, It's a little present-day Inspector Gadget-esque girl riding a freaking red dinosaur for crying out loud! What's not to love about that premise?!? I've never heard of this character until now, but just seeing the title and imagining of a little girl riding a dinosaur around a neighborhood without a care in the world immediately got me very interested!
    Should just post a picture of Moonboy to the FB crowd, and ask them if having quite literally an unevolved man-ape-child is PC to begin with lol.

I love Devil and Moonboy for the cheese, but they are unworkable except for stories taking place in the Savage Land most of the time. The only other story I remember them in the 'modern' world is them being captured by the Ringmaster and hypnotized to work in the circus.

Also what happened with Devil in NEXTWAVE, which naturally can't be canon.

So pairing with a real child, any gender, this time? If it turns into "We're Back A Dinosaur Story", I'm all for it. We need more kid-friendly and kid-at-heart stories. Nothing hits the kid in me more than a freaking T-Rex pal.
    Last edited by Byakko; 08-13-2015 at 08:03 AM.

BANNED

Well as usual, the FB crowd is already on it, with some people citing this as yet another "change sex/skin/ethnicity to please Disney and little girls" garbage remark, because stupid people are stupid people, and you can't say "dumbass" without the F-bomb.

On a not-serious note, It's a little present-day Inspector Gadget-esque girl riding a freaking red dinosaur for crying out loud! What's not to love about that premise?!? I've never heard of this character until now, but just seeing the title and imagining of a little girl riding a dinosaur around a neighborhood without a care in the world immediately got me very interested!
    Pretty much this.

If it only gets 12 issues, that's fine. 12 issues are better than none at all and unfortunately you can't have a comic like this without at least one person commenting on how doomed it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Should just post a picture of Moonboy to the FB crowd, and ask them if having quite literally an unevolved man-ape-child is PC to begin with lol.
    I'd say go ahead with it and see what kind of flimsy justification they can come up with without it being a thinly-veiled transparent...

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    am i the only one thrown off by moon girl's hairstyle?
    There's nothing wrong with it

Gh
    Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post

I love Devil and Moonboy for the cheese, but they are unworkable except for stories taking place in the Savage Land most of the time. The only other story I remember them in the 'modern' world is them being captured by the Ringmaster and hypnotized to work in the circus.

Also what happened with Devil in NEXTWAVE, which naturally can't be canon.

So pairing with a real child, any gender, this time? If it turns into "We're Back A Dinosaur Story", I'm all for it. We need more kid-friendly and kid-at-heart stories. Nothing hits the kid in me more than a freaking T-Rex pal.
    what story was it when they were captured by the ringmaster?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Well this is different.

But yeah, I'm gonna take the height comment as an exaggeration, because less than four foot is no teenager. Unless she's also a little person?

Incredible Member

Suggestion: Switch to MySpace, and you won't have to deal with such retched comments. After all, haters gonna hate, and life's too short and precious to take such things seriously.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    There's nothing wrong with it
    I'm just not much a fan of the pom-pom look

it seems a bit overused

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Gh
    what story was it when they were captured by the ringmaster?
    Was in a Spiderman book from years ago, remember re-reading it a lot so the whole story sticks in my mind. Dunno how Ringmaster came across them, but he caught Moonboy and hypnotized him into staying with his circus, and Devil followed along because of that. Peter Parker knows what's up, was interviewing Ringmaster and co about Devil for the Bugle, figured out their plot - use FREAKING DINOSAUR as marketing scheme to attract customers, hypnotize them, steal goodies.

So as Spiderman, he infiltrates to try to rescue Moonboy, and much fighting ensues. Long story short, Moonboy snaps out of it, and eventually they managed to move him and Devil back to the Savage Land.

In particular, I remembered this story drew Devil Dinosaur with human-like hands, which I never noticed before so I don't know if that's his normal look? It's...really unnerving honestly. I think they were implying that Devil wasn't so much a T-rex, as possibly a mutant who looks like a T-rex, or a mutant T-rex, hence having human-like hands and being really intelligent.

Now add Moon-boy. I'll pass. I'm tired of all these change$ for whatever so-called noble reason.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    Moon Boy represented a pernicious and patriarchal stereotype. Moon Girl fixes that.
    How so you can't upset the caveman now.

am i the only one thrown off by moon girl's hairstyle?
    What about it in particular? I like it.

Having read novels like Americanah and White Teeth, which go into extensive detail about the horrible shit many black women do to their hair trying to make it conform to the white ideal of straight, glossy hair, it makes me happy to see characters depicted with natural afro-textured hair - especially characters which are going to role models for children.

Edit: I've seen you've responded above. That's just what kinky hair does naturally, of course it gets used a lot.
    Last edited by shgs; 08-13-2015 at 08:22 AM.

Considering Devil is being paired with Steve in Planet Hulk, and even the one in Battleworld which has Moon-Boy ends up being a team-up with Deadpool, it's obvious Moon-Boy isn't the most notable one of the pair. Asking kids to identify with an unevolved man-ape-child is also a big tough sell for 'unfortunate implications'.

Marvel has a T-rex character, he's a goldmine. And kids would like to be able to fantasize about having a T-rex for a pal without having to identify as a furry naked man-ape-child. The original concept for the character of Moon-Boy feels like a Captain Caveman kind of deal, it's really old and just wouldn't fly without changes.

I'm just not much a fan of the pom-pom look

it seems a bit overused
    Since when is natural hair overused?