BANNED

Default A Question For Any Hardcore Batman Fan. What Was The Real Identiy Of...

....Of the Kate Babcock killer?
    He/she was a serial killer which made his/hers debut in Batman No414.
    The story, placed during Jason Todd's first steps as Robin and crafted by Starlin and Aparo, had a mysterious figure horribly murdering young women by cutting them to pieces in the streets of Gotham.
    This case became personal for Batman because one of the killer's victims was a passionate social worker, Kate Babcock, which caught Bruce Wayne's interest and possibly, his heart. Soon, the young girl fell victim of the psychopath's murdering ways. Batman swore to her memory that he will bring the killer to the authorities and he does come across a thug named Cutter which was pretty suspicious due to the fact that he used knifes.
    Batman brings him in but James Gordon informs Batman that he couldn't hold him because evidence suggested that he was not the killer plus a new victim was killed during the Cutter's time inside jail.
    Batman, disgusted with his failure (the first time i saw him failing as a detective), swore that he will do anything to his power in order to catch the killer.
    Did he managed to solve this case eventually?
    I red that issue from the Second Chances trade.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

See Batman #421-422 where that story continues. I'm hoping those show up in a trade soon capturing all the rest before Death in the Family, but Second Chances probably has to sell well for that to happen.

But yes, the case is solved in #422.

You can spoil yourself here if you want: (I think you should just track down 421-422 as you seem to enjoy the story)
    http://comicsmatter.blogspot.com/201...atman-422.html
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-13-2015 at 07:51 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    See Batman #421-422 where that story continues. I'm hoping those show up in a trade soon capturing all the rest before Death in the Family, but Second Chances probably has to sell well for that to happen.

But yes, the case is solved in #422.

You can spoil yourself here if you want: (I think you should just track down 421-422 as you seem to enjoy the story)
    http://comicsmatter.blogspot.com/201...atman-422.html
    Thank you for the link. It is next to impossible to get past issues of a comic book series from E-Bay ever since the Capital Control Crisis in Greece!
    Last edited by Minerboh; 08-13-2015 at 08:22 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Thank you for the link. It is next to impossible to get past issues of a comic book series from E-Bay ever since the Capital Control Crisis in Greece!
    Yikes, that'd be a true crisis for me, an impediment to buying back issues. But yes, I can see how that might be a problem. But it's good to know your capital is going to Batman trades...if we want more, we have to buy them.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-13-2015 at 08:43 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yikes, that'd be a true crisis for me, an impediment to buying back issues. But yes, I can see how that might be a problem. But it's good to know your capital is going to Batman trades...if we want more, we have to buy them.
    In the risk of going off topic in my own thread, let me assure that i am legal toward some certain authorities.
    Can the authorities (Paypal, i am talking to you) say the same about their behavior toward me?
    I don't think so.