Page 1 of 235 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default 2015 NFL Season Thread

Well, we are officially moving from the off-season to the pre-season tonight with 6 games on tap. Who's ready?!?!?!

New Orleans @ Baltimore
    Green Bay @ New England
    NYJ @ Detroit
    Miami @ Chicago
    Washington @ Cleveland
    Dallas @ San Diego

BANNED

Interested to see how my team's CBs look. See what Jonas Gray and Brandon Bolden do with Blount sidelined. See the battle between James White, Travaris Cadet, and if Gaffney is healthy. And obviously Garropolo. Now that Geno's out, curious about this Bryce Petty kid in New Jersey. Can't imagine how s##ty it must be to attend a Washington vs Cleveland preseason opener. Maybe Cousins shows something for trade bait? Other teams listed all seem to be what you'd expect. Maybe interested in Javorius Allen in Baltimore as a deep Fantasy sleeper. Still, glad we're almost there.

BANNED

Giants fan here

we will see where things go

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Interested to see how my team's CBs look. See what Jonas Gray and Brandon Bolden do with Blount sidelined. See the battle between James White, Travaris Cadet, and if Gaffney is healthy. And obviously Garropolo. Now that Geno's out, curious about this Bryce Petty kid in New Jersey. Can't imagine how s##ty it must be to attend a Washington vs Cleveland preseason opener. Maybe Cousins shows something for trade bait? Other teams listed all seem to be what you'd expect. Maybe interested in Javorius Allen in Baltimore as a deep Fantasy sleeper. Still, glad we're almost there.
    Pats fan here too. I'm really hoping Jimmy G shines this preseason to help build up that confidence. Jonas Gray is one of those dudes that I have a really good feeling about, I honestly believe he's a special talent. As for the CB's, that whole situation still scares the sh*t out of me, but I guess we'll see.

seahawk fan here.

the hawks turned a 60+ catch tight end in zach miller into a glorified 6th lineman for three years. sure, you can say the OL has been mediocre (at best) and forced their hand, but i'm interested in seeing how darrell bevell uses jimmy graham, probably the top TE in the game. the OL does not look any better or worse this year than it has any other year in the pete carroll era.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    seahawk fan here.

the hawks turned a 60+ catch tight end in zach miller into a glorified 6th lineman for three years. sure, you can say the OL has been mediocre (at best) and forced their hand, but i'm interested in seeing how darrell bevell uses jimmy graham, probably the top TE in the game. the OL does not look any better or worse this year than it has any other year in the pete carroll era.
    Zach was a hlluva TE. I was sad to see him leave Oakland. I had his jersey and and an autographed photo.

So glad Football is back
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

I know it's only preseason but...GO PACK GO!
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Well, we are officially moving from the off-season to the pre-season tonight with 6 games on tap. Who's ready?!?!?!

New Orleans @ Baltimore
    Green Bay @ New England
    NYJ @ Detroit
    Miami @ Chicago
    Washington @ Cleveland
    Dallas @ San Diego
    Super Bowl L preview game.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    seahawk fan here.

Jimmy can't block. Should've just signed him as a WR.

He's a top receiving TE but nowhere near top overall TE.

I can just see Graham trying to lay a block for Lynch in Game 1 and blowing out a shoulder. He's going to draw serious attention from enough defenders downfield that Wilson and Lynch will have all the room they need. Assuming the already thin O-line doesn't implode first.

This is what he's good for:
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-13-2015 at 12:56 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Super Bowl L preview game.

Jimmy can't block. Should've just signed him as a WR.

He's a top receiving TE but nowhere near top overall TE.

I can just see Graham trying to lay a block for Lynch in Game 1 and blowing out a shoulder. He's going to draw serious attention from enough defenders downfield that Wilson and Lynch will have all the room they need. Assuming the already thin O-line doesn't implode first.

This is what he's good for:
    Well that's also because everyone knew Brees was going to throw to him at least once per downs(Brees targeted the guy between 120 and 140 times a year), have to see if he and Wilson can develop the same relationship

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

New Orleans @ Baltimore
    Green Bay @ New England
    NYJ @ Detroit
    Miami @ Chicago
    Washington @ Cleveland
    Dallas @ San Diego
    Always ready for football! It'll be interesting to see who lines up under center for the Browns, and if RGIII is ready to return to being a star quarterback. Green Bay-New England at the Supe? Hey, why not? That would be a great matchup!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

New Orleans @ Baltimore
    Green Bay @ New England
    NYJ @ Detroit
    Miami @ Chicago
    Washington @ Cleveland
    Dallas @ San Diego
    As a Bears fan living near Miami, i'm ready to gather around with my Dolphins fan friends and enjoy the pre-season for about 2 minutes before wishing it was week one of the regular season. I care about pre-season less and less every year but maybe i'm just really getting used to the fact that my team is going nowhere, especially with Jay Cutler.

Go. Colts.

The Indianapolis Colts agreed to a contract extension with fourth-year receiver T.Y. Hilton

The deal is for five years and is worth $65 million -- $39 million of which is guaranteed, agent Drew Rosenhaus confirmed.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

My extrmely early Super Bowl Perdiciton is Colts vs Seahawks
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Colts D still has a way to go. If Peyton is healthy, I'm calling the Broncos to get back. Not sure on the NFC side, more good teams to choose from. Green Bay should have last year but blew it. Think the Cowboys take half a step back, but who knows? If Carson Palmer is healthy Seahawks probably don't win that division, so no home field, so they're probably not there last year. Guess that's why they play the games, though.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Looking over the stats of the Miami/Chicago game, it seems our first team beat theirs, and then their scrubs beat up on ours. Doesn't say much for our bench strength. My 'Phins could easily get bitten by the injury bug and be out of it early without decent back-ups.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)