Page 6 of 235 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Apparently Eli wants to be paid higher than Aaron Rogers. Even though Manning had a good year just numbers wise, that's a pretty crazy demand if true.
    What? Eli isn't getting enough dough from that DirectTV commercial he did? Meanwhile....

Thousands of fans welcome Rams to SoCal workouts
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Apparently Eli wants to be paid higher than Aaron Rogers. Even though Manning had a good year just numbers wise, that's a pretty crazy demand if true.
    I don't even think he should be paid higher , even if he won 1 more Super Bowl than Rodgers. While Aaron Rodgers has been rock solid since he became the starter , Eli's been so up/down his career its insane. He had an up year last season , but in 2015 will that repeat ? Or will he again repeat a season where he threw nearly 30 Ints ?

If I was the Giants I'd make it clear he gets paid under Rodgers deal. If he balks , the hell with it. I doubt he balks because money is money.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Eli's lucky enough that he's got two rings, will retire with more than his brother who is so much better, and has a shot at getting put in the HOF based off of it. He's not even in the same stratosphere as the other HOF level QB's from this era (Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees).

If he makes an issue out of money they should trade him to a desperate team and get more talent.

CBR running another pick'em game this season?
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

BANNED

I tried one last year. 6 guys signed up, 4 dropped out by week 8. If there's real interest I'd be up for it (I feel like people'd be more likely to do it in this thread, but it'd be a pain for someone to keep track vs having a site do it for us).

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    CBR running another pick'em game this season?
    Hope so. I take it the fantasy league is full, but if there are 10-12 ppl interested in getting another one going i'd be in for that as well.

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    What? Eli isn't getting enough dough from that DirectTV commercial he did? Meanwhile....

Thousands of fans welcome Rams to SoCal workouts
    Who wants to continue to see that Eli commercial? Neither do I!

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Hope so. I take it the fantasy league is full, but if there are 10-12 ppl interested in getting another one going i'd be in for that as well.
    I'm game!
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Tebow looks slim compared to the last time he was in the NFL.
    As stephen a smith said it best he cant throw. Not effectively and consistently which is needed at the nfl level to be a effective offense sincerun plays won't always be used.

I love how stephen a says that even with mariota he doesnt expect much from the Titans this season. He's going to.be proven damn wrong this season.

What in hell is it with teams brawling with each other during joint practices? Yesterday, it was the Cowgirls and Rams banging knuckles (to use a term from an old John Wayne cop movie) with Dez Bryant getting punched in the face. Sheesh!

What in hell is it with teams brawling with each other during joint practices? Yesterday, it was the Cowgirls and Rams banging knuckles (to use a term from an old John Wayne cop movie) with Dez Bryant getting punched in the face. Sheesh!
    Steroids.

I feel like 2015 should be the "Year of Dez Bryant Getting Punched in the Face".
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Teams are simoly tired of playing each other, also it's scorching or humid.
    Those fights are more more watchable and more competetive than the last 4 Ronda Rousey fights.

BANNED

Had Kelvin Benjamin on my long-time home keeper league. Hope he's OK for his sake and the Panthers, but I can't risk it in the 9th with my draft this Sunday. And here I thought they only had to worry about Stewart playing more than 8 games.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I feel like 2015 should be the "Year of Dez Bryant Getting Punched in the Face".
    I'm all for that, and then some!

Dez and Geno were so punchable to begin with ... so ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium