Page 101 of 235 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3518

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Luck is a well-known nice guy.

I could see him telling coach/Isray/whomever he's hurting but they tell him to suck it up and stick it out.

I like watching Luck, too. Isray (Colts) and the Fords (Lions) need to go away, though.
    Luck hadn't missed a single game before this season since he was a freshman at Stanford, methinks he's not the kind of guy who has to be told to suck it up and stick it out.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Luck hadn't missed a single game before this season since he was a freshman at Stanford, methinks he's not the kind of guy who has to be told to suck it up and stick it out.
    I would agree he'll play most games like a fearless warrior unless the head coach says you won't be playing with truthful reasons why he as in the headcoach doesnt want him playing. Also the trainer giving factual reasons why it's in his best interest to not play.

Bills at Jets TNF on Cbs

At the start of the year i doubt many if any would believe it if anyone said jets would have the better defense and more wins.
    Bills have so far proven to be mediocre but can make a statement in primetime beating a decent jets team with a tough defense.

Also wpuld be first time this season they won 2 games in a row.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Luck is a well-known nice guy.

I could see him telling coach/Isray/whomever he's hurting but they tell him to suck it up and stick it out.
    There's a big difference between being a "nice guy" and (from a player's perspective) lacking "toughness." Grant Hill was a "nice guy" too, but his unwillingness to let himself be sidelined by pain cost him several years of his career. If anything, players who are perceived as being too "nice" are more likely to try and tough it out, because they want to prove their toughness to their teammates.
    Last edited by kalorama; 11-10-2015 at 06:34 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Got an alert on my phone from Bleacher Report saying New York state's Attorney General ruled fantasy websites DraftKings and FanDuel illegal and informed them to stop accepting bets from residents, saying their games were gambling, not games of skill. With Nevada having already told DK and FD to cease and desist (for obvious reasons), and other states investigating them, this could be problematical for the NFL which has got a whole lot of traction from the sites, especially given the popularity of fantasy football. Stay tuned....
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Got an alert on my phone from Bleacher Report saying New York state's Attorney General ruled fantasy websites DraftKings and FanDuel illegal and informed them to stop accepting bets from residents, saying their games were gambling, not games of skill. With Nevada having already told DK and FD to cease and desist (for obvious reasons), and other states investigating them, this could be problematical for the NFL which has got a whole lot of traction from the sites, especially given the popularity of fantasy football. Stay tuned....
    The owners of those sites will likely move them off-shore and set them up. Its how it usually goes.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    If it was going to happen it happened in the best spot it could. Colts are on the bye now and return the 22nd @Atlanta, not quite Foxboro in December as Falcons can't even keep pace with the lower third of the league lately.

Bucs @ home
    @Steelers with no Big Ben and a defense whose seen better days.
    @Jax
    Houston @ home
    @Miami
    Tacks @ home to close the season.

Not quite the murderers row to end the season. Best case the division is still within reach cause the South is crap and you get Luck back right before the playoffs and maybe the old man under center beats 5 of the 7 bums which is not totally inconceivable, you're a game above the fold. Worse case he's out for the season and it's on Hasselbeck going forward, which not for nuthin' he is the highest paid backup in the league and has already 2 wins.

Best believe guys are going to continue to pull the **** together after they got an OC fired and now the franchise damn near Chris Simms'ed. Fwiw not a complete hopeless umpossible set of circumstances.
    That's not a bad schedule. I think that's 1, 2 losses at the most with Hasselbeck (who has looked good, considering). And that division is absolute garbage. I'll always root against the Colts, but it's hard to root against Hasselbeck. Hope he ends up with another job starting somewhere if he handles this well. Should be interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    This whole arbitrary divide that the sites are trying to create, that whether a game relies on chance or requires skill determines whether it's gambling makes no real sense. At it's root, people are laying down money on the outcome of sporting events. That's gambling, however you slice it.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    This whole arbitrary divide that the sites are trying to create, that whether a game relies on chance or requires skill determines whether it's gambling makes no real sense. At it's root, people are laying down money on the outcome of sporting events. That's gambling, however you slice it.
    Yes blood is red undeniable gambling.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

My first thought on seeing the ads was "that's LEGAL???...oh, THAT'S going to cause problems".
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Exactly. Sure, it takes skill to pick the right players for your team, but after that, it's a crapshoot. Can you imagine the howls of frustration for players who picked Pittsburgh's Le'Veon Bell this past Sunday, only to see him go down from injury?

Meanwhile, in other tidbits from around the NFL....

Steelers leaving door 'slightly ajar' for Ben Roethlisberger against Browns

Broncos CB Aqib Talib loses appeal, will serve suspension vs. Chiefs

Former Cowboys RB Randle gets four-game suspension for violating personal conduct policy

Roger Staubach speaks out about Cowboys DE Greg Hardy

“I’m rooting for the Cowboys, I don’t root for him,” Staubach told USA Today Sports Tuesday. “I’m still rooting for the Cowboys. I’m not a Hardy fan.”
    I don't know, maybe it's just me and my ingrained loathing of Dallas, but I'm of the opinion that if Staubach roots for the Cowboys, then he IS rooting for Hardy who's part of the team. Yo, Roger, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Hardy certainly won't win any friends by proclaiming that he's innocent and the victim of racial discrimination. Which is what he briefly did on Twitter yesterday.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    Hardy certainly won't win any friends by proclaiming that he's innocent and the victim of racial discrimination. Which is what he briefly did on Twitter yesterday.
    When all else fails, cry innocent and play the race card. To quote the esteemed Bugs Bunny, "Wotta maroon!"

He's doing nothing but making himself a bigger distraction, and the Cowboys deserve every bit of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    He's doing nothing but making himself a bigger distraction, and the Cowboys deserve every bit of it.
    Hey, that's exactly what Jerrah wants. If the Cowboys can't win games on the field, then he'll make damn sure his team stays in the national spotlight off the field as a three ring circus worthy of Ringling Bros.