Page 16 of 235 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Thanks for telling me expect a not good downer season. You can say I told you so if your right and I was dead wrong, amd if I'm right I'll be saying I told you so that the titans would be a good team in Mariota's rookie year if they win 10 or 11 wins, and if they make it as a wc that also.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Thanks for telling me expect a not good downer season. You can say I told you so if your right and I was dead wrong, amd if I'm right I'll be saying I toldyou so that the titans would be a good team in Mariota's rookie year.
    It's not impossible. I mean, the Colts got Andrew Luck and went from 2-14 to 11-5, after all.

But that is not a normal scenario for a year-to-year turnaround. It's unprecedented, and relates to a team suddenly missing an MVP quarterback to go 2-14, with nothing but schlubs to play in his stead for a year, then plugging in the best QB prospect in at least a quarter century in his place. Mariota is not as NFL ready as Luck was. And the Colts had a lot of pieces in place the year he got there.

If I'm wrong at season's end, I'll tip my hat to you. But right now, I'm respectfully telling you you're setting yourself up for a letdown.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It's not impossible. I mean, the Colts got Andrew Luck and went from 2-14 to 11-5, after all.

But that is not a normal scenario for a year-to-year turnaround. It's unprecedented, and relates to a team suddenly missing an MVP quarterback to go 2-14, with nothing but schlubs to play in his stead for a year, then plugging in the best QB prospect in at least a quarter century in his place. Mariota is not as NFL ready as Luck was. And the Colts had a lot of pieces in place the year he got there.

If I'm wrong at season's end, I'll tip my hat to you. But right now, I'm respectfully telling you you're setting yourself up for a letdown.
    Well i pride myself on optimism. I would rather be optimistic even it results in horrid failure than just have low expectations that get confirmed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Redskins are saying RG3 will be out for week 1 due to his concussion and Cousins will start.
    And if Cousins plays well and leads the Skins to an opening game victory, expect Griffin to experience some "lingering symptoms" that keep him out for an extended period.

Let the spin begin.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    And if Cousins plays well and leads the Skins to an opening game victory, expect Griffin to experience some "lingering symptoms" that keep him out for an extended period.

Let the spin begin.
    You'd think all the chaos with RGIII would've ended after the Shanahans (Mike and Kyle) were sent packing. However, it's apparent that the more things change with Griffin, the more things stay the same.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    You'd think all the chaos with RGIII would've ended after the Shanahans (Mike and Kyle) were sent packing. However, it's apparent that the more things change with Griffin, the more things stay the same.
    The perpetual chaos surrounding the Skins didn't abate much when Norv Turner was sent packing. Or Marty Schottenheimer. Or Steve Spurrier. Or Joe Gibbs (the sequel). Or Jim Zorn. So no reason to think Shanahan's departure would be any different.

At this point it seems pretty well established who the Redskins primary chaos generator is. And as long as Danny boy is in the driver's seat, I don't expect much to change.

The way ESPN was spinning it, the Redskins are benching RGIII in favor of Cousins. Both men are in the final year of their rookie contracts and the Skins have supposedly finally realized Griffith had one good season. That's all. The team wants to see if they should keep Griffith or promote Cousins to starter and trade RGIII.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Go Phillies

Eagles up 18-0. Bradford looks amazing

Tannerhill having another good game. 15/19 1TD no picks.
    Phone looking good.

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

Wow, the Packers are looking like **** tonight. 25-0 in the 2nd quarter, this is embarrassing. Cobb left with a shoulder injury. I bet WestPhillyPunisher is happy!
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by The Watchdog View Post
    Wow, the Packers are looking like **** tonight. 25-0 in the 2nd quarter, this is embarrassing. Cobb left with a shoulder injury. I bet WestPhillyPunisher is happy!
    Aaron Rodgers not playing tonight. So GB score is meaningless.

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

It's good to hear that the Packers may have dodged a bullet with Cobb's shoulder injury, it sounds like it's a minor injury.
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Watchdog View Post
    I was certainly impressed with Bradford, even if it was a meaningless preseason game. I wanted to see Bradford in some extended action to ready himself for the season opener, and I thought he did well last night.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    The way ESPN was spinning it, the Redskins are benching RGIII in favor of Cousins. Both men are in the final year of their rookie contracts and the Skins have supposedly finally realized Griffith had one good season. That's all. The team wants to see if they should keep Griffith or promote Cousins to starter and trade RGIII.
    Gruden is claiming the Redskins were confused over the concussion tests that were given to RGIII. On whether he could play or not. And judging from what Nate Burleson of NFL Network brought up , Cousins still isn't fully the answer at QB due to mistakes a veteran QB shouldn't make from the game tape he saw against the Ravens.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Aaron Rodgers not playing tonight. So GB score is meaningless.
    It was going to be meaniless anyways its a damn preseason game. Hundley was in ucla where it's warm weather all year long. Green Bay is frigid so that's a huge change.

The buffalo bills look like superstars smashing the Steelers.