Page 185 of 235 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 3518
    Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

I am surpised that no mention that legendary St. Louis Rams RB 'er' THUG Lawernce Philips died in prison. It seems he offed himself

I am not a big Rams fan but I did enjoy watching them during the Kurt Warner years. Most of their games were shown in Iowa back then.
    Rams are the only football team to win a CHAMPIONSHIP in 3 different cities. Cleaveland(1945. Bob Hope was part owner), Los Angeles(1951), and St Louis(1999)

Vikings fired their Offense Line coach. Not enough holes for AP and Bridgewater was running for his life on most passing plays.
    They hired Tony Sparano former Head Coach of the Dolphins and Raiders as their O-Line coach. Seems like a good move.
    Now they need to draft a couple linemen.

My DIVISIONAL ROUND picks:

Chiefs over Patriots.
    Cardinals Over Packers.
    Panthers over Seahawks.
    Broncos over Steelers.

Please, Pretty Please. CHIEFS win the AFC this year.
    For the past 15 years its been either the: Patriots, Steelers, or Payton Manning representing the AFC in the Superbowl expect for the one year with the Ravens.
    The AFC needs new blood in the SB.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

If, during owner Jeff Lurie's presser to introduce Doug Pederson as the Eagles' new head coach, if he has the nerve to say Pederson was his first choice all along, I'm going to have a screaming fit of rage.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Divisional playoff weekend, the end is near boys.

I went 2-2 last week.

Zona over the Pack going away.
    I'm torn over the Hawks/Panthers playoff rematch so I'm taking Seattle just on experience. This is the game of the weekend imo.
    Broncs D over the Steelers.
    KC narrowly over the Pats in a shocker and no that isn't the synthetic weed talking.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Brown is OUT for this weekend.

Pitt may be too banged up
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Can we change our predictions?

I am not taking the Steelers with no Brown.

Chiefs v Patriots.
    Cardinals v Packers
    Panthers v Seahakws
    Broncos v Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post

I think so too. Looks like Pacman is gonna have to air a public apology soon.

Big G, if I've missed it muh bad but the Oakland situation. My co-worker just told me yesterday he read the Warriors are moving to Frisco? Are you effin' kidding me? The NFL's musical chair game as left the Raiders without a place to play even next season am I right? Just as things for the team seemed to have taken a step in the right direction on field now they don't even have a lease. I guess the A's have it worse but still.
    Your thoughts.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    I am surpised that no mention that legendary St. Louis Rams RB 'er' THUG Lawernce Philips died in prison. It seems he offed himself

I am not a big Rams fan but I did enjoy watching them during the Kurt Warner years. Most of their games were shown in Iowa back then.
    Rams are the only football team to win a CHAMPIONSHIP in 3 different cities. Cleaveland(1945. Bob Hope was part owner), Los Angeles(1951), and St Louis(1999)
    I mentioned it 2 pages back....and even posted the video where Phillips was drafted.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

So with the rams returning to Los Angeles I wonder if the chargers will remain in San Diego or move also to Los Angeles.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post

They got lucky to beat the Bengals along with no penalty with freakin Joey Porter in a bengals defense huddle. I dont doubt Steelers find bitter defeat if they keep it a close game.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    So with the rams returning to Los Angeles I wonder if the chargers will remain in San Diego or move also to Los Angeles.
    At present, it looks like the Chargers are staying put in S.D., for now. But, who knows what might happen down the road.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

My Pick for Winners
    Patriots The chiefs will make it a good game but their magic will finally run out vs a better team on the road.
    Cards The Packers keep it from being another laugher but still lose to a superior Cards team.
    Panthers: The Panthers make a statement defeating their nemesis in the playoffs in a tough close game which typically is the norm in this series.
    Broncos :The Steelers get exposed after barely defeating the bengals with what becomes a laugher in the 2nd quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    At present, it looks like the Chargers are staying put in S.D., for now. But, who knows what might happen down the road.
    Well saint Louis wont have to continue suffering seeing the rams stink now that they are back in Los Angeles.

BANNED

Hmm, thought the Steelers were a threat to go all the way to a Super Bowl loss against the Cardinals but with no Deangelo Williams, no Antonio Brown (I do list them in that order as I think Martavis and Wheaton step up more than whoever's filling in for Deangelo will), and a Ben who will be limping into this game in that stadium against that defense, I just don't see it.

Not to get your hopes up E, but I think your Chiefs absolutely stomp us this weekend. Huge momentum, a great pass rush, and our terrible O-line and banged up QB and WRs. Short of a few defensive miracles I think we're toast. And now that the Broncos are planning to start Peyton Manning, it means you'll probably face them in the AFC Championship. I think that's doable. You guys don't have our O-line problems, and Maclin will probably be back for that one. Two good Ds, and I'll take Alex Smith over Peyton Manning. If it were Brock (and it may be, but it'll be too late) you could be going to the Super Bowl. Still think the Cardinals beat whoever it is though. Or the Panthers. Or the Seahawks. NFC's year.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I think so too. Looks like Pacman is gonna have to air a public apology soon.

Big G, if I've missed it muh bad but the Oakland situation. My co-worker just told me yesterday he read the Warriors are moving to Frisco? Are you effin' kidding me? The NFL's musical chair game as left the Raiders without a place to play even next season am I right? Just as things for the team seemed to have taken a step in the right direction on field now they don't even have a lease. I guess the A's have it worse but still.
    Your thoughts.
    Oak's in a real awkward hot mess.

Their current lease on the O.co Coliseum is up. They want a new stadium (they're the only team in the league to share with a baseball team) and need it. Mark Davis is dirt poor by NFL owner standards so he can't finance a stadium by himself, the city of Oakland is poor and despite the populace wanting them to stay...the mayor is adamant about not having the people fund it and is offering only 90 million. Sure 90 mill is a lot of money, but to build a stadium that's going to cost about a billion, that's not much. Plus there's no way and hell they would get any state funding because Cali's government is almost a bigger mess than the federal government. Plus the A's have a 10 year lease on the Coliseum so in many ways their holding it hostage.

Also most Oak fans thought that by bowing out of LA we'd get a good chunk of cash from the NFL in addition to 200 million from their G4 Stadium account. But right now we're only getting 100 million. And I think Mark said he can kick in somewhere between 200 and 400 million.

Its a really complicated mess.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    The AFC needs new blood in the SB.
    That'll change when Brady and Manning retire. Or maybe if/when Brady goes to another team.

My predictions (1-3 last week because I like to root for the underdog!):

Patriots over Chiefs in OT
    Broncos over Steelers in a blowout
    Panthers over Seahawks in a tight game
    Cardinals over Packers
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium