Page 2 of 235 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Kallark walks in:

As a Bears fan living near Miami...
    Welcome to CBR! I'm the exact opposite! As I always tell people "I grew up in the '60s and '70s exactly halfway between Detroit and Chicago, so my favorite team is...Miami!"
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

My SUPER BOWL 50 picks: Packers vs CHIEFS.
    A rematch of SuperBowl 1 with the same outcome but only 3 to 7 point victory for the Pack.

Also expect the Vikings to have a winning season, 9 Wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Welcome to CBR! I'm the exact opposite! As I always tell people "I grew up in the '60s and '70s exactly halfway between Detroit and Chicago, so my favorite team is...Miami!"
    Thanks!
    72 Dolphins left an impression on you huh? So you never lived in Miami? I was born in the Northern Suburbs of Chicago but i've lived in South Florida most of my life.

The Dolphins first team did outplay the Bears first team but the Bears first team offense was missing Forte, Jeffery and Kevin White. IMO Tannehill looked about the same as he did last season. I'd still like to see him take some shots downfield and see if he's really improved his accuracy. Now i don't know if it's because of their transition to a 3-4 or just being bad but that suspect Dolphins OL really swallowed the Bears up at the LOS.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    My SUPER BOWL 50 picks: Packers vs CHIEFS.
    A rematch of SuperBowl 1 with the same outcome but only 3 to 7 point victory for the Pack.

Also expect the Vikings to have a winning season, 9 Wins.
    CHiefs couldn't even get a TD by a WR last year....
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

chiefs are a ballsy pick. they're not without talent, and the division isn't anything to write home about (denver might have one last hurrah, but san diego looks like they have a 9-7 ceiling), but i certainly wouldn't bet on them to make the playoffs, let alone come out of the AFC. but, the nfl isn't without its fair share of out-of-nowhere stories.

BANNED

I can't see the Packers getting by Seattle. The Seahawks only improved and Rodgers is afraid to throw on Sherman. The AFC is still a 3 team race.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    I can't see the Packers getting by Seattle. The Seahawks only improved and Rodgers is afraid to throw on Sherman. The AFC is still a 3 team race.
    Seahawks lost more than they improved.

Packers improved by leaps and bounds.

Seattle will be up there but I don't see them going over Green Bay
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Rodgers is the best player in football at the most important position in football. As long as he's healthy the Packers have as good a chance as anyone to make the SB.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Chiefs need Macklin and whoever lines up across from him to step up HUGE in 2015. They need production badly at WR to even be considered for a playoff spot. Let alone a Super Bowl pick. Another factor is 2-3 guys like Derrick Johnson , Eric Berry and DeVito are coming back from injuries. Can they rebound ? We shall see. I still think Denver wins the division but the grasp is slipping....this is Peyton's last year.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Chiefs need Macklin and whoever lines up across from him to step up HUGE in 2015. They need production badly at WR to even be considered for a playoff spot. Let alone a Super Bowl pick. Another factor is 2-3 guys like Derrick Johnson , Eric Berry and DeVito are coming back from injuries. Can they rebound ? We shall see. I still think Denver wins the division but the grasp is slipping....this is Peyton's last year.
    The AFC West up for grabs next season.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kallark View Post
    Rodgers is the best player in football at the most important position in football. As long as he's healthy the Packers have as good a chance as anyone to make the SB.
    Not if he's too afraid to throw on his biggest competition. He wouldn't even test a clearly injured Sherman. He throws so few interceptions that Seattle freaks him out. Andame no mistake he needs to get by Seattle. The addition of Graham is bigger than any loss Seattle endured.

Sorry Green Bay was gifted one of the worst performances you'll ever see from a modern playoff QB with Wilson, and they couldn't pull it off. Part of it was conservatism from McCarthy, part of it was Rodgers just flat out being afraid of the secondary.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    The AFC West up for grabs next season.
    Sadly even then I doubt KC ever gets to a Super Bowl. The team as long as I've been a fan (early 1990's) has never won the BIG ONE to get there. They get to the playoffs and **** up. The curse is sadly real. I mean 2 years ago they beat the **** outta the Colts and yet suddenly almost 10 players get injured in a freak show deal. It was THE CURSE. Yeah be nice...but I think KC will go to a Super Bowl when I'm gone .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Seahawks lost more than they improved.

Packers improved by leaps and bounds.

Seattle will be up there but I don't see them going over Green Bay
    who do you think seattle lost? i liked max unger well enough, i'm an oregon alum so i've watched every game unger's played since his freshman year in 2005, but the hawks were 8-2 in games he missed last year, including 6-0 to close the season to swipe homefield from the packers. unger and a 1st for jimmy graham would appear to be a big upgrade in talent, considering what they did without unger last year. byron maxwell? the drop off to cary williams isn't vast, especially in that secondary. we made it work with brandon "let's commit a PI every fifth down" browner for a few years, williams won't be much of a drop-off. especially till lane gets 100%. the ancient kevin williams?

seahawks had one glaring, out of this world weakness and shored it up when they drafted tyler lockette. seattle never addressed the return game after they let golden tate walk, and bryan "i can get two yards upfield before getting trucked!" waters is, thankfully, no longer the answer to that problem. lockette is a big-time returner and will help the field position game tremendously.

ironically, i actually think green bay WILL represent the nfc. the seahawks absolutely have to have homefield to do that, and i have my doubts they'll have the best record again. so i have no qualms whatsoever with picking green bay, i've just never heard anyone say seattle is LESS talented in 2015 than they were in 2014.

Falcons look good in the first preseason game, starters dominated on both sides despite missing our two main running backs and top tier corner, unfortunately it was the Titans so not sure how much to take from it, but nice that Dan Quinn gets a win in his first game as coach

It's been a decent night for Brock Osweiler, Broncos fans have to be happy about that.