Page 231 of 235 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235 LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 3518
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    The Broncos offense with Peyton was at pathetic as I expected. What I didn't expect was the Denver D to hold up all game. I figured they would tire out by the end from being on the field so much . . . the Bronco offense did set a Superbowl record for consecutive failed 3rd down attempts. Instead though the Bronco D held up all game and only got stronger as the game went on and won the game despite BobbleFivehead's horrific performance.

One thing is for certain though, we now have a clear without a doubt winner in the worst QB to ever win a Superbowl debate. He's a without a doubt first ballot Hall of Famer but he also without a doubt had nothing to do with his team's win. Its hard to say he played one season too long since he got a ring but its easy to say that without Osweiler and the Bronco D that he wouldn't have gotten that ring. #RetirenowPeyton
    I agree. Peyton should retire, he's got nothing left to prove, he's won his second ring and his ticket to Canton has long since been punched while a cushy studio job is waiting for him on FOX, CBS, ESPN or NFL Network.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

If they can fix that offensive line to help the running game and thus help Osweiller grow even further into his role, Broncos could be even better next year. They won't be able to keep everything on the defensive side but most of it should be back and if they can perform like this carrying 90% of the load, a better balance with the offense can only make them better as well. But of course that's as always just in theory.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

What's the over/under on sports columnists calling people racist for thinking Cam Newton's jackass behavior at his post game press conference made him look like an idiot and poor loser?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    What's the over/under on sports columnists calling people racist for thinking Cam Newton's jackass behavior at his post game press conference made him look like an idiot and poor loser?
    Honestly , its like no one ever saw Newton's press conferences before the winning streak. Its like , oh how dare he take a loss hard !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    That was Newton's first shot at the Super Bowl, had his ass handed to him six ways to Sunday on THE biggest stage in American sports and he couldn't handle it. I'm not going to fault him, or pile on him like talking heads and columnists certainly will. The kid's human, immature, but human. I'm sure Newton regrets his behavior this morning and will learn from the entire experience.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 02-08-2016 at 06:24 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That was Newton's first shot at the Super Bowl, had his ass handed to him six ways to Sunday on THE biggest stage in American sports and he couldn't handle it. I'm not going to fault him, or pile on him like talking heads and columnists certainly will. The kid's human, immature, but human. I'm sure Newton regrets his behavior this morning and will learn from the entire experience.
    What we need is assholes like Bill Romanoski telling Cam Newton how to be a "pro" and take it since ya know....he spit in players faces , threatened to kill them all while popping steroids.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The media's biggest sin is how self important they are. Do something to piss off the media and they will attempt to destroy you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    This win also gives Peyton the most wins by a starting QB in NFL history(he was tied with Farve), if he retires, and he probably will, this is one hell of a way to ride off into the sunset
    On the backs of about 7 elite defensive players, contributing absolutely nothing aside from an INT and a couple of fumbles.

Without a doubt the most boring Super Bowl I've ever seen, by a mile. Outside of Von Miller's strip-sack for a TD no real excitement. That one 40+ yard pass by Cam that I thought for sure was going to be intercepted, that'd be the second best play. And I say this as a fan of good defensive play.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    On the backs of about 7 elite defensive players, contributing absolutely nothing aside from an INT and a couple of fumbles.
    Don't forget the kicker from Temple (local school here in Philly) who put up more points (9) than anyone else on the field last night. Meanwhile, Peyton was not only a passenger on that championship bus, ringing up the lowest total yards by a Super Bowl winner in the game's history (194), he rode in the back. I'm hoping, if not praying he doesn't get a wild hair up his ass about coming back next season.

Without a doubt the most boring Super Bowl I've ever seen, by a mile. Outside of Von Miller's strip-sack for a TD no real excitement. That one 40+ yard pass by Cam that I thought for sure was going to be intercepted, that'd be the second best play. And I say this as a fan of good defensive play.
    Not the most scintillating Super Bowl in recent memory. Even the blowouts from the 1980's had a modicum of entertainment value, mostly from watching to see just how bad the losing team got butchered, last night's game was a snoozer, start to finish. Football purists who live for defensive slugfests and trench warfare on the line were no doubt creaming their boxers, as for the rest of us, meh, not so much.

C'mon now. The last time the Donks were in the Superbowl was a much worse Superbowl than this one, that was over in the first quarter.

I enjoyed seeing the Denver pressure on Newton, they should have had co-MVP's for Ware and Miller. It was a poor offensive output by both teams which was an anomaly but I don't know that it was the worst ever. Oakland/ Tampa Bay always come to mind when I think the worst Superbowls. The suck thing is that that asshat Talib now has a ring...would that be his second?
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I think that was Talib's first ring.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Cam and I are the same age, and I can guarantee IF i had to give a press conference post a SB loss, I wouldn't be the model citizen ether. Hell look at Bellicheat after he loss to Eli (twice) was he the most talkative person? No.

Too be honest, they should have the loosing team wait a day to give an interview. Because no matter how old you are, when you loose on the biggest scale...it cuts you deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    C'mon now. The last time the Donks were in the Superbowl was a much worse Superbowl than this one, that was over in the first quarter.

I enjoyed seeing the Denver pressure on Newton, they should have had co-MVP's for Ware and Miller. It was a poor offensive output by both teams which was an anomaly but I don't know that it was the worst ever. Oakland/ Tampa Bay always come to mind when I think the worst Superbowls. The suck thing is that that asshat Talib now has a ring...would that be his second?
    I think the Den/Sea was WAY worse. The game started off with a safety and then went downhill. With the Oak/TB SB it was the case of a coach playing his team from the last year in the SB, and he knew every single play/weakness of each player like the back of his hand.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

The thing about the Seahawks win was that they not only shut them down defensively, they also made exciting plays while doing it. There's nothing wrong with stuffing the run (why the Panthers kept choosing to run on 1st down against that line and ending up with obvious passing downs of 2nd and 9/2nd and 10 every time, I couldn't tell you), but there's only so much excitement seeing a team get shut down can bring without splashy plays (like the strip-sack).

The Seahawks absolute demolishing of Peyton made the outcome quickly evident, but watching them do it was entertaining. Watching the Broncos punt, the Panthers punt, the occasional FG (hell, the missed FG by the Panthers was probably the 3rd most entertaining thing about the game) wasn't nearly on the same level of entertainment as the Seahawks win. The kickoff return TD to start the second half alone was better than this entire game.

It's been said that it can be difficult to tell the difference between defensive greatness and offensive ineptitude.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It's been said that it can be difficult to tell the difference between defensive greatness and offensive ineptitude.
    I think in the case of this....it was a bit of 50/50.

Denver made some amazing plays no doubt. But it did feel like Carolina's O was not firing on all cylinders. The WRs couldn't seem to hold onto the ball...though even if they did the Reffs still would have called it incomplete. But at the same time...had Von not gotten those strip sacks...Denver would not have gotten any TDs.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.