Page 235 of 235 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235
Results 3,511 to 3,518 of 3518
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And therein lies the problem. The old school, and mostly white mainstream media doesn't like black athletes who don't toe the company line and express humility like their white counterparts, and will point that out every chance they get because they can. That's the mistake Cam made because he's been around long enough to know better, perhaps you and I will disagree on this point, but maybe Cam should've swallowed his pride and done the "Aw shucks, we lost" bit, then the whole thing would've died a quick death that night, now it's going to drag on and on and be a distraction. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

The media needs a villain to prop up Peyton Manning and Cam Newton was it. When they did that fumble and Phil Simms was questioning Newton's desire (and honestly it was pathetic since he had done EVERYTHING on offense for 4 quarters of football) to run and dive into a spot where the ball had landed with a bunch of others , you got the sense. The sports media is looking for a villain , lets blame the black QB here. I lost a ton of respect for Phil Simms when he started that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The media needs a villain to prop up Peyton Manning and Cam Newton was it. When they did that fumble and Phil Simms was questioning Newton's desire (and honestly it was pathetic since he had done EVERYTHING on offense for 4 quarters of football) to run and dive into a spot where the ball had landed with a bunch of others , you got the sense. The sports media is looking for a villain , lets blame the black QB here. I lost a ton of respect for Phil Simms when he started that.
    At least you weren't surprised when that "blame the black QB" scenario went down. For whatever it's worth, I also went "What the hell? What are you doing?" when Cam pulled up short on that fumble. Now, if the Panthers had won, Cam would STILL have been portrayed as the bad guy by the media because he denied Peyton his second ring on what may have been his swan song. Short and sweet, Newton was damned if he lost, and damned if he won. However, because Denver won, Manning no longer has any reason to stick around and can ride off into retirement, so Cam can be thanked for that at least.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I thought they used Tom Brady in that role? By hook or by crook, Roger.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I thought they used Tom Brady in that role? By hook or by crook, Roger.
    Brady likes Cam. Cam Likes Brady. Roger hates Brady. Therefore, Roger hates Cam.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

So now we are back to the racism argument to defend Cam Newton. Sigh.

News flash, Russell Wilson is black and won a superbowl 2 years ago and should have won last year if not for a collective play calling brain fart by the Seahawks.

No one cares that he's black. It was a non issue. What everyone cares about is that Russell Wilson is a class act who even after his game losing INT last year stood at a podium for 45 minutes and answered questions. Does anyone question his heart or competitive drive?

BANNED

Lol did u use a Jedi Mind Trick on yourself

BANNED

I'm a Pats fan. I've had the privilege of watching Tom Brady play QB for my team for 15 years. When he loses, gets pissed or very sad. When he wins he gets fired up and cheers. He's an emotional guy. As a Patriots player he's been coached up in his behavior and answers come media time, but he's as fiery and emotional as any player in the league. And I love it. It shows me he cares. If I'm a Panthers fan, I'd be glad my QB feels as invested in that loss as they do. Many might have moved on and felt fine. See Gronk going on to party after the '11 Super Bowl (in fairness to him, he's a meathead and it's hard to stay mad at that goofy bastard).

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

**** the press. They're owed NOTHING. I've long contended they shouldn't even be allowed anywhere NEAR losers of games right afterward. Get a frickin' statement in the morning, pricks.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)