Page 3 of 235 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Kallark is late:

Thanks!
    72 Dolphins left an impression on you huh?
    '71, actually. Their defeat by Dallas in the '72 Super-Bowl made me a fan...at least partly because I loathed Landry's Cowboys.

So you never lived in Miami?
    Nope, just never had the homer gene. My favorite NHL team was always Montreal.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Its game 1 but the Raider's look like they have some energy on Offense for once
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    Not if he's too afraid to throw on his biggest competition. He wouldn't even test a clearly injured Sherman. He throws so few interceptions that Seattle freaks him out. Andame no mistake he needs to get by Seattle. The addition of Graham is bigger than any loss Seattle endured.

Sorry Green Bay was gifted one of the worst performances you'll ever see from a modern playoff QB with Wilson, and they couldn't pull it off. Part of it was conservatism from McCarthy, part of it was Rodgers just flat out being afraid of the secondary.
    And with all of that said, it took a major choke job for the Packers to lose to Seattle with him only having one working leg. Pretty serious considering the guy is as good as anyone throwing on the run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kallark View Post
    And with all of that said, it took a major choke job for the Packers to lose to Seattle with him only having one working leg. Pretty serious considering the guy is as good as anyone throwing on the run.
    And it's highly unlikely Green Bay is granted another 5 interception performance from Wilson (easily the worst playoff performance by a QB minus Lindley) and the best defensive player being injured.

With Graham, Seattle is at a net positive. They embarrassed Greenbay to start their season, they played a horrible game and still beat Green Bay to end their season.

If Green Bay was ever going to beat that team, that night was their best chance.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Eagles kick off their preseason slate this afternoon against Indianapolis, but with no Sam Bradford, Demarco Murray or Kiko Alonzo, three of our most prominent offseason additions. But I'll still watch, if but for no other reason than to see who'll perform best for the third QB position, Matt Barkley or Tim Tebow.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Not if he's too afraid to throw on his biggest competition. He wouldn't even test a clearly injured Sherman. He throws so few interceptions that Seattle freaks him out. Andame no mistake he needs to get by Seattle. The addition of Graham is bigger than any loss Seattle endured.
    he's afraid of paying all those shermination fees's (I came up with that)

BANNED

James Harrison returns 'participation' trophies

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/...k-steelers-nfl

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    James Harrison returns 'participation' trophies

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/...k-steelers-nfl
    Good. I hate those. It just makes kids grow up and think that they deserve praise because they showed up. Then when they get into the real world or deal with real adversity they can't handle it.

Nice idea from a good hearted place, but it's not really helpful in the development of character.

I can't see the Packers getting by Seattle. The Seahawks only improved and Rodgers is afraid to throw on Sherman. The AFC is still a 3 team race.
    GB lost to Seattle last year by one rookie mistake, and that was with an injured, immobile Rodgers. They could definitely get by Seattle this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    '71, actually. Their defeat by Dallas in the '72 Super-Bowl made me a fan...at least partly because I loathed Landry's Cowboys.
    Grew up in S Florida, had season tickets for the 72 season. Phins all the way. I am not worried about depth, it is very different when a whole second team is on the field compared to a few players stepping up and still surrounded by the first team.
    And this was a nice long ball from Tannerhill:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/miami-dolp...g-diving-catch

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    GB lost to Seattle last year by one rookie mistake, and that was with an injured, immobile Rodgers. They could definitely get by Seattle this year.
    Okay the idea that Green Bay nearly beat Seattle with Rodgers (who still could play and pass fine) being less mobile is completely offset by the fact that Seattle's QB turned out the worst performance of any QB in the playoff that day (with the exception of third string Lindley in Arizona), and that Richard Sherman (arguably the best player on Seattle's defense) couldn't move his arm for the latter part of the game.

Seattle already proved it could beat Green Bay at full strength in week one. Pretty decisively. A banged up Seattle on a really off day for Wilson still beat a Green Bay team who got every break in the world that day. It's not comparable.

OH and Wilson will be passing to the second best TE in the league this year. That's a massive improvement and problem for the Green Bay defense.

Trent Richardson's problems have been solved, I think. What he really needs is glasses.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My Eagles kick off their preseason slate this afternoon against Indianapolis, but with no Sam Bradford, Demarco Murray or Kiko Alonzo, three of our most prominent offseason additions. But I'll still watch, if but for no other reason than to see who'll perform best for the third QB position, Matt Barkley or Tim Tebow.
    The Eagles are definitely one of the teams that are under the microscope this season, for GOOD reasons! The Eagles will be an interesting team to watch this year.
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

I can't see the Packers getting by Seattle. The Seahawks only improved and Rodgers is afraid to throw on Sherman. The AFC is still a 3 team race.
    Rodgers actually threw at Sherman a few times in the 2nd game. He threw that TD pass to Cobb on him, he also got picked in the end zone by Richard another time. I don't think he's scared to throw on anybody, teams just rightly avoid that side of the field as a general rule. The bigger problem is that the GB defense looked much like warm butter in the second half of that game. Supposedly it's improved, but i'll wait and see on that one. That being said, the NFC road to the Superbowl goes through Seattle until proven differently.

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

^

After watching the first preseason game (yes, I'm aware that it's just preseason), the run defense looked weak but the pass defense looked much improved. Green Bay does have the caliber to compete this season if the team can stay healthy. Lacy looked pretty solid!
    "With great power comes great responsibility."