Page 7 of 235 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Dez and Geno were so punchable to begin with ... so ...
    As long as Big Ben, Jay Cutler or Phillip Rivers are next...
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, my Eagles participated in a joint practice with the Ravens yesterday and all was calm. Yippee!!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In sad news , former NFL QB Erik Kramer attempted suicide and shot himself. He's alive. Kramer's former wife claims he suffers from depression due to brain injuries he suffered playing football. That he's battled depression since playing for Chicago Bears.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ources-n412831

Kramer was likely the last real effective QB the Bears had at one point. He played a few seasons for them in the 1990's and achieved some fame there. He also was QB when the Detroit Lions went to the 1991 NFC Championship game. Its a shame he's going through this right now. I'd hope the NFL settlement gets him the help he needs.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Had Kelvin Benjamin on my long-time home keeper league. Hope he's OK for his sake and the Panthers, but I can't risk it in the 9th with my draft this Sunday. And here I thought they only had to worry about Stewart playing more than 8 games.
    He is out for the year. Looking at the video, he was just running along a route with no contact or rough work and suddenly dropped to the ground clutching his knee out of no where. Panther fans are crying up a storm. A Dolphins player apparently tore their ACL too...
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

^ Yikes. That's too bad.
    Cam just aged a season losing his best weapon already.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

BANNED

Not a Panthers fan, but it's a shame. They were shaping up nicely on both sides of the ball, were my pick for the NFC South. Now I'm not sure, maybe the Saints rebound?

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    As long as Big Ben, Jay Cutler or Phillip Rivers are next...
    I was talking to my friend who's a big Bears fan and she said since the Brady appeal looks likely to be overturned, maybe Goodell will suspend Cutler 4 games instead. She's hoping for 16.

Anything to get them some wins.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

RG3 suffers concussion, Gruden vows 'he's still going to be our starter'

Sounds like RGIII had a bad day in that preseason game. At this pace, I can't see him lasting too terribly much longer in the league before injuries reduce him to a mere shell of the incandescent talent he could've been when he came out of college, or perhaps end his career altogether.

BANNED

RGIII is going to go down as the most expensive bust of all time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In sad news , former NFL QB Erik Kramer attempted suicide and shot himself. He's alive. Kramer's former wife claims he suffers from depression due to brain injuries he suffered playing football. That he's battled depression since playing for Chicago Bears.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ources-n412831

Kramer was likely the last real effective QB the Bears had at one point. He played a few seasons for them in the 1990's and achieved some fame there. He also was QB when the Detroit Lions went to the 1991 NFC Championship game. Its a shame he's going through this right now. I'd hope the NFL settlement gets him the help he needs.
    That's sad to hear. I remember Kramer on that Lions team, a brief, flickering glimmer of hope in the eternal darkness that had been (and would continue to be, until Stafford) the Lions' QB position.

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

Sounds like RGIII had a bad day in that preseason game. At this pace, I can't see him lasting too terribly much longer in the league before injuries reduce him to a mere shell of the incandescent talent he could've been when he came out of college, or perhaps end his career altogether.
    RGIII looked like a rag doll last night, his line didn't block at all for him! He shouldn't be taking hits like that at all, especially in a preseason game. He still doesn't have any excuses for his poor play and bloated ego (which I have no idea why he thinks that) but not having a line to protect doesn't help either.
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by The Watchdog View Post
    RGIII looked like a rag doll last night, his line didn't block at all for him! He shouldn't be taking hits like that at all, especially in a preseason game. He still doesn't have any excuses for his poor play and bloated ego (which I have no idea why he thinks that) but not having a line to protect doesn't help either.
    That bloated ego is just a weak attempt to fool the public into thinking he hasn't lost all confidence in himself on the field imo. I think he might already be physically and mentally beaten past the point of no return. It's a shame.

BANNED

I think you're a season too late on that prediction. He looked decidedly shell-like all of last season, when Gruden made precious little effort to hide his disdain/disgust towards Griffin. I get the sense the only reason he's still on the roster is because the Redskins knew they couldn't get anything worth having for him after last season and didn't want to just pay him to go away. They were most likely hoping that he'd play well enough in preseason to sucker some even more desperate team into taking a flyer on him. But it looks like that bird has flown.

And it's not all about the injuries. Yes, Griffin doesn't have the same explosive athleticism that propelled his Cinderella rookie season. But just as big a problem may be that--heading into his 4th season--he still appears to have almost zero game instincts from the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I think you're a season too late on that prediction. He looked decidedly shell-like all of last season, when Gruden made precious little effort to hide his disdain/disgust towards Griffin. I get the sense the only reason he's still on the roster is because the Redskins knew they couldn't get anything worth having for him after last season and didn't want to just pay him to go away. They were most likely hoping that he'd play well enough in preseason to sucker some even more desperate team into taking a flyer on him. But it looks like that bird has flown.

And it's not all about the injuries. Yes, Griffin doesn't have the same explosive athleticism that propelled his Cinderella rookie season. But just as big a problem may be that--heading into his 4th season--he still appears to have almost zero game instincts from the pocket.
    But, at this point, what options do the Deadskins have beyond RGIII? Kirk Cousins was exposed as less than stelar when given extended time as the starter, and Colt McCoy is a journeyman for a reason. Washington may have to start planning to draft another quarterback while Griffin disintegrates.

BANNED

But, at this point, what options do the Deadskins have beyond RGIII? Kirk Cousins was exposed as less than stelar when given extended time as the starter, and Colt McCoy is a journeyman for a reason. Washington may have to start planning to draft another quarterback while Griffin disintegrates.
    There's no question that they're going to have to acquire another quarterback. But unless they're simply unable to unload him, even at fire sale prices, I don't think there's much chance that Griffin will be around to see it. Playing Cousins or McCoy may not significantly improve their chances of winning but, given the mounds of crap Griffin is leaving all over the field, it certainly doesn't make their chances any worse, either. At this point, Griffin can only dream of someone lavishing him with praise like "less than stellar." He's dreadful, and has been since he came back from that playoff knee injury.

The upside to moving Griffin is that (A) they may get something back that might help them, however marginally (and they need all the help they can get) and (B) it rids them of the waves of drama, speculation, and distraction that will inevitably follow Griffin around and--unless the Skins go on an insane hot streak--overshadow whatever the team is doing on the field. And we all know how much NFL coaches loathe "distractions." The bottom line is that, according to pretty much everyone who covers the team, both locally and nationally, Gruden has never made much of an attempt to hide the fact that he was not a fan of Griffin's and didn't really want him as his quarterback. And now that the sentiment is spreading like wildfire, I can't imagine him not taking advantage of the opportunity. The situation is complicated (for Washington) by the fact that this is the final year of Griffin's deal, so it's likely most teams will be content to wait for him to become a FA and just scoop him up off the curb for next-to-nothing. But all it takes is one really desperate team with a coach whose ego is big enough to make him think he can succeed where everyone else failed (and there's never a shortage of those in the NFL) to take the bait. Washington may end up not being able to move him, but I can't imagine they won't make a concerted effort. At this point, they literally have nothing to lose by trying.
    Last edited by kalorama; 08-21-2015 at 12:34 PM.