Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Classic Rogue gets to add 3 more mutants to her power set

Classic Rogue, with Ms. Marvel powers, gets the opportunity to add 3 more mutant's powers to her power set permanently but without permanently affecting the 'donors'.
    Who would she pick?
    Who would you pick?
    How powerful is the new Rogue?
    Would she be OP, making a noticeable different against larger threats such as Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister and against other teams of mutants? Or would she be at roughly the same level but with additional abilities and provide a 'bit of an edge' that the X-Men didn't have before?

Depends on your definition of mutant.

Thanos is a mutant I believe. I think Black Bolt is too.

Ignoring those, and just using human mutants, she can pick Vulcan, X-Man, and Franklin Richards.

She becomes the most powerful being in Marvel universe short of the Living Tribunal.

EDIT: She can pick just one of those and easily handle all classic X-Men villains.

Quote Originally Posted by byc View Post
    I think Black Bolt is too.
    Black Bolt is an Inhuman, not a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Black Bolt is an Inhuman, not a mutant.
    I know that. But I thought Inhumans were Kree mutants.

Oh yeah. Forgot another one she can take. Post-retcon Beyonder.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Wanda and MJJ are mutants as well - let's throw one of them in with Frank and Nate.

Amazing Member

Limit to human mutants or ones she could realistically absorb according to feats.
    Some, such as 90's animated Apocalypse, she has 'slight' trouble absorbing!

Quote Originally Posted by FennerMachine View Post
    Limit to human mutants or ones she could realistically absorb according to feats.
    Some, such as 90's animated Apocalypse, she has 'slight' trouble absorbing!
    Even if she just took say...Xavier, Emma, and Jean, that's 2 alphas, and 1 omega. That's more than enough to stop probably all of Earth's heroes/villains.

Or Xavier, Magneto, and whoever, that's a weak Onslaught right there.

Oh yeah. Forgot another one she can take. Post-retcon Beyonder.
    There's a reason he's called Post-retcon Beyonder. He's retconned meaning he doesn't exist.

I know that. But I thought Inhumans were Kree mutants.
    Really? I never heard that.

Even if she just took say...Xavier, Emma, and Jean, that's 2 alphas, and 1 omega. That's more than enough to stop probably all of Earth's heroes/villains.
    I'd throw out Emma and add Northstar instead.
    Emma doesn't really add THAT much to the sheer psychic power that comes from the others, and Rogue still needs some speed to not get blitzed by the likes of Thor or Hyperion.
    Northstar is the fastest mutant on Earth (sorry Quicksilver) and also one of the fastest people on Earth in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Emma doesn't really add THAT much to the sheer psychic power that comes from the others, and Rogue still needs some speed to not get blitzed by the likes of Thor or Hyperion.
    Northstar is the fastest mutant on Earth (sorry Quicksilver) and also one of the fastest people on Earth in general.
    I suppose it depends on if Jean's power is just her classic powers, or if Jean's powers are that PLUS the mutant ability to contain the Phoenix.

If we want to setup a super power classic Rogue with 3 additional mutants (that isn't completely broken or possibly un-drainable)...

Exodus
    Beast
    Northstar

I think that combo should handle just about anything.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I suppose it depends on if Jean's power is just her classic powers, or if Jean's powers are that PLUS the mutant ability to contain the Phoenix.

If we want to setup a super power classic Rogue with 3 additional mutants (that isn't completely broken or possibly un-drainable)...

Exodus
    Beast
    Northstar

I think that combo should handle just about anything.
    I'm not all that sure what Beast is bringing to a fight here (Rogue with Marvel powers is stronger, faster and tougher), but yeah, Exodus plus Northstar is a sweet pack of goodness.

Amazing Member

Beast? What does he bring?
    I know a song about that!
    I'll bring the brains
    You bring the brawn
    Lets make lots of money

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Agreed. Giving her the ability to blitz people by simple skin contact would make her terrifying. NorthStar is good, but Blink or Magik would be much more dangerous. Teleporting for the win.

Classic Rogue, though, is one of the few people that I'm not certain benefits with being a telepath, given her early mental problems\issues (The reason she went to the XMen from the Brotherhood was for that training). She needs shielding more than power. So, Magento would give her that and so much more.

Lastly, let's take Wolverine and that healing factor. Slightly better than Havok force projection (if we aren't counting Binary's powerset as part of Ms. Marvel powerset).

(If we take off mutant-only, Invisible Woman, Hulk and Spectrum make Classic Rogue very, very dangerous).