Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    This reminds me that the Superman 2000 pitch had Superman's identity exposed, and Mxyzptlk making everyone forget.
    *shhhh*

You're supposed to forget.

Don't fight the magic

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    This reminds me that the Superman 2000 pitch had Superman's identity exposed, and Mxyzptlk making everyone forget.
    It'd be difficult to reuse that idea now, however, since Superman has yet to (as far as we know) have any kind of encounter with Mxy. (Maybe he did somewhere in the 5 year gap, but it's not certain.) And even if he did, I find it doubtful that they have built any kind of strong relationship.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm sure the secret identity will be back eventually, though I'm not sure how long it will be before it does come back, but I wouldn't be surprised if in planning for "Truth" the writers had a plan and made sure to leave an out for them to restore it once the story has ran its course or they've achieved their intentions with it.

I really don't see how we'll end up with a One More Day situation. Superman would never make a deal with the devil, he doesn't have a marriage to sell anymore or that DC wants to get rid of, and I highly doubt DC would do that to end the Wonder Woman relationship.

For all the criticism aimed at DC for their treatment of Superman, even I can't think they'd ever go so far as to do another semi-reboot on Superman and basically rip apart his core character and leave him a mess like Marvel did with Spider-Man .
    They say a similar thing about Spider-man, but look what became of him.

Also, Thanks to the FLASH AND PANDORA, BOTH wearing RED, that cause the marriage to go away.

Extraordinary Member

I suppose it's possible they will go the Tony Stark rout, but with regards to the OP question I honestly think how can they not?

Sure DC are trying new things with the SM/WW romance and Lex knows Bruce is Batman etc etc, but if thirty years of reading DC comics teaches you anything it's that every thing old eventually becomes new again. The return of Barry Allen, Supergirl, Hal Jordan as Green Lantern and Barbara Gordon as Batgirl all speak to DC's ever turning wheel slowly but surely grinding away and eventually coming full circle.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor