Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Will DC Comics pull a "ONE MORE DAY" storyline on Superman to put the Secret Identity back in the bottle ?

In other words, will DC pull a OMD on Superman, the first superhero in comics and one of the greatest in modern day comics, to bring the Secret Identity back ?

I mean Thanks to the FLASH and Pandora, Superman lost his marriage and now his marriage maybe in timeline limbo thanks to Convergence.

So what else does Superman have to give to get his Clark Kent ID back ?

As Superman fans, what do you think of this, given what happen to Spider-man over at Marvel ?

Technically, they already did so once in this continuity.

I think it will happen again, which is part of the reason I feel this plot is kind of futile. However, if they stick to it, then credit to the staff to sticking to their guns. Just too bad that the secret ID is one of the things I enjoy about the character.

The other but unlikely scenario I see is that they stick to it in the Super books, but books like JL and JLA will ignore the topic altogether.

He has characters in his rogue's gallery capable of reneging on this. Namely Mxy. Maybe even Vyn if anyone wants to use him again. Essentially the 5th dimension is a built-in excuse for this kind of thing. But I honestly don't expect it any time soon. He'll get his powers back, he'll get his costume back, but the secret is going to be gone for some time.

As to how I feel about it, I'm all for it. Nothing of particular intrigue with the dual identity has been done in a really long time. He's still both Clark Kent and Superman whether or not everyone knows it or not, so I don't mind them playing with it for a while. He's not losing Clark Kent, he's losing people knowing Clark Kent is also Superman.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-13-2015 at 10:22 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    In other words, will DC pull a OMD on Superman, the first superhero in comics and one of the greatest in modern day comics, to bring the Secret Identity back ?

I mean Thanks to the FLASH and Pandora, Superman lost his marriage and now his marriage maybe in timeline limbo thanks to Convergence.

So what else does Superman have to give to get his Clark Kent ID back ?

As Superman fans, what do you think of this, given what happen to Spider-man over at Marvel ?
    Eventually. They turned him blue and took away his superstrength at one point, among who-knows-how-many tweaks over the generations. At some point, somebody's going to say "we need to return this cultural icon to his roots." Again.

BANNED

he's got the retcon kiss
    lest we "forget"

BANNED

Didn't they pulled a similar scenario with Flashpoint?

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

I don't know if they're going to actually need to.
    We're already seeing some people questionning wether or not he actually is Superman- mostly Luthor, but Gordon had a similar moment in BM/SM 22. So maybe they're just going to have Superman make up some kind of lie about him being elsewhere dealing with something and that Clark was just pretending to be him using Kryptonian drugs to throw his ennemies off guard. Or something.
    But frankly, at this point, I'm not sure the secret identity is all that relevant anymore. Barely any one does anything with it, and I tend to believe that could have everything iconic about it (the glasses, the job at the Planet...) while still having peple know.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by dregj View Post
    he's got the retcon kiss
    lest we "forget"
    That's a lot of kisses to make.

eventually he's gonna go back to the status quo. so i wont think it's a cop out when it happens. there's no way DC will ever permanently discard the secret identity and costume. it's just a matter of how they go about doing it. hopefully it has an emotional impact and doesn't have the negative feel of "One More Day".

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    It is. But it seems like eons since he did a half decent speed feat, so maybe this is the way to go.

BANNED

he's got the retcon kiss
    lest we "forget"
    well he can't kiss everyone without consent, that is gross.

the secret identy is major point of superman, without it clark kent is just erased. it's what new 52 was trying to do, so let's see how they will solve this mess

No its not. He's still Clark Kent right now. That people know doesn't erase that part of him. It just erases the secret that he isn't human. So he loses the normalcy the secret gave him, but the secret is not what makes Clark Clark. That Jonathan and Martha raised him, that's what makes him Clark Kent along with Kal-El. The truth doesn't change that.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

he's got the retcon kiss
    lest we "forget"
    They pulled that stunt with Robot chicken. So they'll have to try something even clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    No its not. He's still Clark Kent right now. That people know doesn't erase that part of him. It just erases the secret that he isn't human. So he loses the normalcy the secret gave him, but the secret is not what makes Clark Clark. That Jonathan and Martha raised him, that's what makes him Clark Kent along with Kal-El. The truth doesn't change that.
    Exactly everyone is calling him Clark now and between the secret and having his powers sucked from him he is more Clark than Superman. He needs to solve the problem with his powers before tackling his identity

Nope, Supe's is not married, and has no need to save Martha Clark Kent from a fatal wound.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage