Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Saga View Post
    Batman's greatest allies are his writes, but Spidey's writers are his archnemesis...
    Not really as you can argue that it's only in the past decade that there are more then one randomly good Batman story with consistently good various writers as if you go before that you start to see a whole lot of stuff that no one wants to talk about where as with Spidey it has been more hits for a longer period, peoplr love to say Slott is killing Spider-Man but how often was a Spider title in the top 10 before him?

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    Maybe, but the Ultimate Spider-Man tv show doesn't involve him being a photographer. And TASM movies barely touched on him getting paid for it. I just have a hard time seeing Peter going back to photography as a source of income.
    I think the last thing he was in as a photographer was Spectacular

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Not really as you can argue that it's only in the past decade that there are more then one randomly good Batman story with consistently good various writers as if you go before that you start to see a whole lot of stuff that no one wants to talk about where as with Spidey it has been more hits for a longer period, peoplr love to say Slott is killing Spider-Man but how often was a Spider title in the top 10 before him?
    I picked a month at random, and in May 2003, Amazing Spider-Man #53 came in 7th place, with Ultimate Spider-Man #40-41 taking the 4th and 5th spots. Amazing skipped the following month, but in July, #54 and #55 took the 9th and 8th spots respectively. It fell to 12th place in September, but the milestone issue #500 brought it to second during October, though it fell back to 9th in November, and it ended the year back in 12th place. The Marvel books that performed better than Amazing Spider-Man that year were typically X-Men, the Ultimate Universe, and Marvel 1602. Though Spectacular Spider-Man managed to just barely stay within the Top 20 by the end of the year.

Incredible Member

Thanks, Smoov-E. We've had a good streak. From SSM #1 (January 2013) through all the way to Renew Your Vows (August 2015) we've been able to keep the book in the Top 10 twice a month.

There have been a few brief exceptions (like when both of the Big 2 were running events at the same time-- where we'd drop down to the 11 or 12 spot for one month).

But 50+ Top 10 issues in a 2+ year stretch is a pretty rare thing. You compare it to any other month at random-- might seem like a normal thing. But we haven't been running a sprint, we've been running a marathon. And we're very proud of that! And grateful for all of the fan support!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Word, I'd love to see it reversed ASAP but I sadly get the feeling it's going to stick for a while.
    Word is it will keep in post SW and that Silk will go to her for help in finding her family, you can just imagine what she will ask in return. I just wish they could go back to the way things were, make her his Love interest again now that MJ is moving to Iron Man and all that. But nooo, we get Evil Cat for a a while longer.

Hope Anna Maria Marconi sticks around. She is the best new character to come out of Slott's run. Would be nice to see her interact with Doc Ock when he (inevitably) returns.
    I had hopes for something/someone substantial from Renew Your Vows to continue on, but I have pretty much given up on those hopes.
    I don't think the Black Cat's "breaking bad" turn for the worse will last too long.

I was saying that Batman's writers always tried to make the character more badass, making him a god, defendeu all Apokolyps or kicking all Justice League's butt. But Spidey's writers always tried to make Peter's life a hell, making it the most complicated possible.