Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default trinity triangle?

last night i got to thinking about forever evil #7, and i couldn't help but think of what johns said a while back that when smww ends, it will end badly. let me just say that if they end it with a love triangle between the trinity, dc will have killed superman for me.

now i have my opinions and preferences when it comes to who supes dates, but if this happens we all lose and here is why.

1 it's not bad enough that dc has gone out of there way to prop up batman at superman's expense with the dark knight returns? now you want batman to steal his girl too?
    2 having this plot play out would destroy the friendship between them, these are the two people that are closest to clark outside of lois, lana, jimmy and perry
    3 any one who dates clark after diana will suffer from having to deal with this drama, further reminding me that it happened.
    4 with how little faith dc has in superman compared to bats as demonstrated by him getting top billing in supermans own movie, this would leave a lasting impression that will tarnish the brand.

at this point, i really don't care about shipping, don't ruin superman johns. i can live with clois coming back if it doesn't mean destroying superman's relationship with the trinity. and let's not even begin to mention how damaging this would be for ww

Its obviously grown to the point where its not just Johns story anymore, so I wouldn't put all the stock in that old quote of his anymore. For all intents and purposes, Charles Soule is the caretaker of this relationship/story now. He's done more with it than Johns many times over to this point. And his work is selling, and money talks. If Johns wants to throw a goofy wrench in it, I'm just hopeful he respects all characters involved enough to not turn it into an ongoing Scott/Jean/Logan thing. I'm still hopeful that the only purpose its going to serve is to create some drama in Clark and Bruce's friendship and eventually everyone will get over it, nothing more than that.

BANNED

Johns has been too much into CW first Arrow, now Flash...poor guy.

but seriously if he can do batman and wonder woman without getting too much drama, good. Superman will stay out of JL, will work in daily planet and lois will be there. he will reconnect with lois, so who knows. Johns seems to be setuping something like that superman start something with lois and when he decide to break up with WW she is already on other

that won't be ever a love triangle

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    I personally think it was a terrible mistake to have Superman and Wonder Woman date. It will lead only to hurting both fan bases in the end and for the characters having them lose the dynamics that has worked between to 2 for over 70 years.

Stirring the pot is not always a good thing as The New 52 has shown time and time again. But this is the bed we now lie in. I think the damage of the fall out will far outweighs those who wanted to see the what if.
    well you have few fans and you split it, the result can't be good. superman numbers were pretty much weak.
    and supes and ww relationship totally threw Lois under the bus

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Johns has been too much into CW first Arrow, now Flash...poor guy.

but seriously if he can do batman and wonder woman without getting too much drama, good. Superman will stay out of JL, will work in daily planet and lois will be there. he will reconnect with lois, so who knows. Johns seems to be setuping something like that superman start something with lois and when he decide to break up with WW she is already on other

that won't be ever a love triangle

well you have few fans and you split it, the result can't be good. superman numbers were pretty much weak.
    and supes and ww relationship totally threw Lois under the bus
    with how crappy he has handled ww do you really think johns has the chops to pull that off? completely ignoring how bad of an idea, especially now, it would be to make bmww cannon johns can't write ww or batman to save his life.

BMWW is not going to happen. Stop salivating

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    BMWW is not going to happen. Stop salivating
    exactly my sentiments

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
    with how crappy he has handled ww do you really think johns has the chops to pull that off? completely ignoring how bad of an idea, especially now, it would be to make bmww cannon johns can't write ww or batman to save his life.
    it's better than what he said last year that smww will end badly. Johns ultimately has not doing a good JL, he was too much on love with luthor for it. now that luthor is on league maybe he can do something better. if smww will end I prefer with less drama, both going for other people in peace.

BANNED

it's better than what he said last year that smww will end badly. Johns ultimately has not doing a good JL, he was too much on love with luthor for it. now that luthor is on league maybe he can do something better. if smww will end I prefer with less drama, both going for other people in peace.
    based on the stuff he has written with them before as well as the next storyline heavily featuring lex, i highly doubt that. but i agree with your last sentence, just not WHO they decide to go for afterwards. clark goes for lois? why not they have a history. diana and bruce? hell to the no
    Last edited by kidstandout; 06-03-2014 at 01:19 PM.

Is not going to happen. Wonder Woman will never go to Batman. Besides what actual WW-fan would want such thing? Batman is in love with Selyna Kyle. Anyone else is just a fling. Do you really want Wonder Woman to be a distraction until your Batgod and HIS Catlady get together?

Astonishing Member

It's really not a big deal guys.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    And his work is selling, and money talks.
    Batman sells the most for DC. So if money talks, then it would probably tell DC to sell Batman however possible, even it if means creating a Trinity love triangle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Batman sells the most for DC. So if money talks, then it would probably tell DC to sell Batman however possible, even it if means creating a Trinity love triangle.
    ok, lets get your input on this topic. what do you think of this notion being considered?
    Last edited by kidstandout; 06-03-2014 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
    ok, lets your input on this topic. what do you think of this notion being considered?
    That is my input. If DC is only in the business of making money, instead of telling good stories that make money, then I can't see why they wouldn't give a trinity triangle a try. It seems like exactly the sort of thing I'd expect from the bold, fresh, and new New 52. Personally, I hate the idea. Not only do I not like Batman, but I think he'd be a terrible match for Diana. And, in the spirit of my previous objections to SM/WW, I am opposed to any mixing of mythologies unless it is done skillfully with the express purpose of reaffirming the detailed continuity of individual characters.

BANNED

That is my input. If DC is only in the business of making money, instead of telling good stories that make money, then I can't see why they wouldn't give a trinity triangle a try. It seems like exactly the sort of thing I'd expect from the bold, fresh, and new New 52. Personally, I hate the idea. Not only do I not like Batman, but I think he'd be a terrible match for Diana. And, in the spirit of my previous objections to SM/WW, I am opposed to any mixing of mythologies unless it is done skillfully with the express purpose of reaffirming the detailed continuity of individual characters.
    Thank you
    10 chars

Astonishing Member

Agree. Continuity spill over between different series should be kept to a complete and utter minimum. Its a big factor to why I couldn't get behind the SM/WW thing. Keep these things to elseworld titles.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory