Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    it's better than what he said last year that smww will end badly. Johns ultimately has not doing a good JL, he was too much on love with luthor for it. now that luthor is on league maybe he can do something better. if smww will end I prefer with less drama, both going for other people in peace.
    Is not going to happen. Wonder Woman will never go to Batman. Besides what actual WW-fan would want such thing? Batman is in love with Selyna Kyle. Anyone else is just a fling. Do you really want Wonder Woman to be a distraction until your Batgod and HIS Catlady get together?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Is not going to happen. Wonder Woman will never go to Batman. Besides what actual WW-fan would want such thing? Batman is in love with Selyna Kyle. Anyone else is just a fling. Do you really want Wonder Woman to be a distraction until your Batgod and HIS Catlady get together?
    Same thing could be said with Superman and Lois Lane.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    atleast there is a basis and actual history to back that up though, all bmww have is a flipping cartoon with a wino(ww in name only)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Something about the idea of "Trinity" rubs me the wrong way. I'm not sure I can explain what it is exactly, but making a book about all three characters for some reason doesn't appeal to me. Maybe it's because it's like making a subset of the Justice League. Maybe it's the lack of symmetry (as in historically, there's one 2-person subset that's historically super-significant, one that's kind of significant, and one that's comparatively insignificant). I don't know, but when DC tries to make them the Three Amigos, or Alvin and the Chipmunks, or the Three Tenors, I'm generally thinking, "Yeah whatever." It's not as though I dislike any of the characters, but for as contrived as the Justice League is (and it is, if you're really being honest), this is doubly or triply contrived.

Making a love triangle? That would be taking an idea I'm not fond of, and mixing it in with an even worse idea.
    trinity is a great thing that of course DC doesn't know how to use...oh what a surprise. the problem is that the trinity most of times is batman/superman friendship and now in new 52 ww is ckark girlfriend. there is not trinity on new 52.

they say won't be world cupe in brazil, but of course the cup will happen. Just like bmww

Quote Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
    atleast there is a basis and actual history to back that up though, all bmww have is a flipping cartoon with a wino(ww in name only)
    a cartoon watched by millions and still on reruns.

he is not in love with Selina, after the end of FE7 he let her go. well WW right now is a distraction until SM goes back to lois.
    in other side Bat could be a good distraction before she goes back to trevor
    Last edited by Blacksun; 06-03-2014 at 01:25 PM.

BANNED

trinity is a great thing that of course DC doesn't know how to use...oh what a surprise. the problem is that the trinity most of times is batman/superman friendship and now in new 52 ww is ckark girlfriend. there is not trinity on new 52.

they say won't be world cupe in brazil, but of course the cup will happen. Just like bmww

Yep, The cartoon was and I'm sure still is watched by more people then those reading comic book now.

BANNED

yeah because that means so much when it comes to quality...

anyway... its abundantly clear that batman stands to lose the least from this situation, he gets another notch under his belt and dc will eventually decide to have clark roll over and let him slide.
    Last edited by kidstandout; 06-03-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Astonishing Member

It's really not a big deal guys.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
    yeah because that means so much when it comes to quality...
    if wasn't quality it wouldn't have the support it has right now. it's much better executed than the actual smww relationship. it never tried to be bigger than it should, they sold exactly what it was.

Yep, The cartoon was and I'm sure still is watched by more people then those reading comic book now.
    sometimes comics get stuck in a bubble that it's not good for new fans from other media

if wasn't quality it wouldn't have the support it has right now. it's much better executed than the actual smww relationship. it never tried to be bigger than it should, they sold exactly what it was.

sometimes comics get stuck in a bubble that it's not good for new fans from other media
    It was better to have Wonder Woman following Batman around like a lost puppy? Yeah right. That relationship was all about the batgod looking cool. Just like the one in World Finest where they had Bruce hooking up with Lois. It is always about Bruce Timm's church to the Batgod.

Wonder Woman and Superman flirtation goes back to the SA. Batman just came into the picture thanks to Bruce Timm's mancruch.

BANNED

you don't know ww if you think that dynamic was handled well. the majority of those people who watched the cartoon had no idea who the character was and are now stuck with a false preconceived notion of her being a cheerleader. oh thanks for making the mcdonalds argument, further reiterating why i can never take most things you say seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    And his work is selling, and money talks.
    Batman sells the most for DC. So if money talks, then it would probably tell DC to sell Batman however possible, even it if means creating a Trinity love triangle.

BANNED

It was better to have Wonder Woman following Batman around like a lost puppy? Yeah right. That relationship was all about the batgod looking cool. Just like the one in World Finest where they had Bruce hooking up with Lois. It is always about Bruce Timm's church to the Batgod.
    following batman like a lost puppy? I understand that people doesn't like bmww, but she was never showed in need of him or following him around. She was pursuing him, just like guys do with girls. it's the game of love. she had agency.
    now I'm not sure if people dislike the ship or doesn't like WW flirting with a guy that isn't superman. I know that women taking the action can scare guys.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Batman sells the most for DC. So if money talks, then it would probably tell DC to sell Batman however possible, even it if means creating a Trinity love triangle.
    yep. it's not like smww is close to the success of harley quinn, where is the 4th printing of the first issue? oh wait...

imagine a good bmww book, it would outsell smww book easily
    Last edited by Blacksun; 06-03-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Here's a though I've been having though. Does the emotional connection have to be a positive one? Because there is lots of hinting in previous issues of JL that Batman does not trust Wonder Woman. Could that be the emotional connection? Because unless outright stated, I don't know that it necessarily has to be positive. Batman has a strong emotional connection to Joker. But its hate. Could a very strong distrust be the connection here, and its kind of a red herring? Again, Johns is not really subtle, but there's instances in past issues to back it up, though.

Is it possible that, instead of leading toward some sort of triangle, we're all way off base and what Johns actually has plans to do is to have Lex gain knowledge of these feelings of Bruce's, and actually use it to begin to corrupt Batman? "I won't judge you for not trusting her. You're right not to trust her. The truth is can we really trust any of them?"

Everyone's been talking about the huge rivalry between the two for the run. What if that's not the case and Luthor actually starts winning Bats over? That would be different. That would actually be interesting.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-03-2014 at 01:43 PM.

BANNED

exactly why i don't want dc to ever consider this in cannon