Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

I think it is bad for any of them to have anything but a brother sister relationship. Like I said these characters having sexual relationships only hurts the fan base in the end when things fall apart.

This WW SM relationship is nothing but a nuclear bomb just waiting to go off and hurt everyone involved including the fans of both characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Batman sells the most for DC. So if money talks, then it would probably tell DC to sell Batman however possible, even it if means creating a Trinity love triangle.
    ok, lets get your input on this topic. what do you think of this notion being considered?
    Last edited by kidstandout; 06-03-2014 at 01:47 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    following batman like a lost puppy? I understand that people doesn't like bmww, but she was never showed in need of him or following him around. She was pursuing him, just like guys do with girls. it's the game of love. she had agency.
    now I'm not sure if people dislike the ship or doesn't like WW flirting with a guy that isn't superman. I know that women taking the action can scare guys.

yep. it's not like smww is close to the success of harley quinn, where is the 4th printing of the first issue? oh wait...

imagine a good bmww book, it would outsell smww book easily
    how very classy of you to throw in the sexism argument, because people didn't want her to be with steve because he was weaker.

just like how that batman wonder woman comic did sooo well right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
    you don't know ww if you think that dynamic was handled well. the majority of those people who watched the cartoon had no idea who the character was and are now stuck with a false preconceived notion of her being a cheerleader. oh thanks for making the mcdonalds argument, further reiterating why i can never take most things you say seriously.
    wth you are talking? I watched the cartoon before getting into comics. She never was a cheerleader for me. she had characterization problems but nothing like new 52 and her relationship with superman. I hear acomplain about her from a female friend and it was that she was too princess for her taste, nothing to do with cheerleading.

Astonishing Member

yep. it's not like smww is close to the success of harley quinn, where is the 4th printing of the first issue? oh wait...

imagine a good bmww book, it would outsell smww book easily

So why not cancel all non Batman books?
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

1 it's not bad enough that dc has gone out of there way to prop up batman at superman's expense with the dark knight returns? now you want batman to steal his girl too?
    People still talk like this?

I don't really want BM/WW to ever be a thing again, but "steal his girl"? Does Diana not get to choose who to be with, for some reason?

Probably one of my biggest grudges against JL/JLU is that kids introduced to Wonder Woman through that show got such a warped version of her they don't get her today. Besides her voice actress there's nothing good about this incarnation.

ok, lets your input on this topic. what do you think of this notion being considered?
    That is my input. If DC is only in the business of making money, instead of telling good stories that make money, then I can't see why they wouldn't give a trinity triangle a try. It seems like exactly the sort of thing I'd expect from the bold, fresh, and new New 52. Personally, I hate the idea. Not only do I not like Batman, but I think he'd be a terrible match for Diana. And, in the spirit of my previous objections to SM/WW, I am opposed to any mixing of mythologies unless it is done skillfully with the express purpose of reaffirming the detailed continuity of individual characters.

BANNED

how very classy of you to throw in the sexism argument, because people didn't want her to be with steve because he was weaker.

just like how that batman wonder woman comic did sooo well right?
    of course comics fandom is very well known because it is very progressive...only that not
    many really many says that only superman can satisfy ww because he is powerful... yeah progressive

the bat/ww didn't had any promotion, it was #30 and sales that were going down went up. smww in a xover sold not even more than 500 copies than bmww#30
    what is funny is that even on smww book batman is often useed...

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    So why not cancel all non Batman books?
    unless harley quinn is doing 300k for month, cancel bat books would bring lots of problems for DC.
    Last edited by Blacksun; 06-03-2014 at 01:54 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Here's a though I've been having though. Does the emotional connection have to be a positive one? Because there is lots of hinting in previous issues of JL that Batman does not trust Wonder Woman. Could that be the emotional connection? Because unless outright stated, I don't know that it necessarily has to be positive. Batman has a strong emotional connection to Joker. But its hate. Could a very strong distrust be the connection here, and its kind of a red herring? Again, Johns is not really subtle, but there's instances in past issues to back it up, though.

Is it possible that, instead of leading toward some sort of triangle, we're all way off base and what Johns actually has plans to do is to have Lex gain knowledge of these feelings of Bruce's, and actually use it to begin to corrupt Batman? "I won't judge you for not trusting her. You're right not to trust her. The truth is can we really trust any of them?"

Everyone's been talking about the huge rivalry between the two for the run. What if that's not the case and Luthor actually starts winning Bats over? That would be different. That would actually be interesting.
    why people that hate each other would connect in a deep level? the last thing I want to do with people I hate is connect with them at any level. and turn hate/love love/hate is not hard on storytelling.
    also batman probably hate liking her

Astonishing Member

unless harley quinn is doing 300k for month, cancel bat books would bring lots of problems for DC.
    No I'm not saying they should cancel the bat books I'm questioning why they haven't cancel any book that isn't a bat book. They are pretty much outselling everything else published by DC. Why not simply cancel the books from the other lines and simply milk the bat franchise for all it's worth?
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

BANNED

wth you are talking? I watched the cartoon before getting into comics. She never was a cheerleader for me. she had characterization problems but nothing like new 52 and her relationship with superman. I hear acomplain about her from a female friend and it was that she was too princess for her taste, nothing to do with cheerleading.
    that's exactly the problem, the character from the cartoon and the one from comics are two different people. WW from comics was a strong, independent and empowered women who would never throw herself at a guy who treats women like trophies. she was against the notion of males needing to protect her, which is what makes batman trying to act like the alpha male that much more ridiculous by having her swoon for him. her persisting to flirt with him goes against everything marston had envisioned for the character.

this mindset that comics tailored to fans of the cartoons would increase sales is all types is illogical at best. everytime dc did this, it failed numbers wise. teen titans? failed. justice league? failed. young justice? failed. static shock? failed.
    Last edited by kidstandout; 06-03-2014 at 02:06 PM.

why people that hate each other would connect in a deep level? the last thing I want to do with people I hate is connect with them at any level. and turn hate/love love/hate is not hard on storytelling.
    also batman probably hate liking her
    Read any confrontation between Batman and Joker and tell me that Bruce's hate for that man isn't strong, isn't emotional, and doesn't create a clear connection between the two. "Strong emotional connection" does not have to be positive, and can just as easily and just as powerfully be negative.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 06-04-2014 at 05:45 AM. Reason: personal comments

From what I thought Johns was hinting at was that Batman-Wonder Woman had something in the past, might of been a hookup or feelings for one with the other not feeling the same way. Whether it will be further explored we don't know but something happened between those two that we don't know about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    That is my input. If DC is only in the business of making money, instead of telling good stories that make money, then I can't see why they wouldn't give a trinity triangle a try. It seems like exactly the sort of thing I'd expect from the bold, fresh, and new New 52. Personally, I hate the idea. Not only do I not like Batman, but I think he'd be a terrible match for Diana. And, in the spirit of my previous objections to SM/WW, I am opposed to any mixing of mythologies unless it is done skillfully with the express purpose of reaffirming the detailed continuity of individual characters.
    Thank you
    10 chars