Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Then you agree that the relationship would be about Batman and his problems and how Wonder Woman would be there to (help) prop him up. Cause Batman is da coolest who gets all the hot chicks
    no, pfff...for sure there is things for WW in the relationship, like how awesome she is that she can tame playboy bruce
    he can help her with self control (at least the jl needs it) and meditation...also science...

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    no, pfff...for sure there is things for WW in the relationship, like how awesome she is that she can tame playboy bruce
    he can help her with self control (at least the jl needs it) and meditation...also science...
    Yeah because the only thing a suffering womanizer needs is a "good woman" that understands him. And every woman needs a man to teach her how to control her "womanish" emotions.

I have no interest in any romance story in which the word "tame" can be applied.

Oh who can tame that wild stallion known as Batman? A properly characterized Wonder Woman would roll her eyes at such an idea, not be part of it. Its so demeaning.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-03-2014 at 05:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Yeah because the only thing a suffering womanizer needs is a "good woman" that understands him. And every woman needs a man to teach her how to control her "womanish" emotions.
    Batman isn't a suffering womanizer, he doesn't go for women. just happens. he is not nightwing.
    JL WW has nothing of Womanish emotions, she is pretty masculine in her traits. he knows very good technigues of meditations, why not pass it ahead?

The JLU version is a lot of things, but a Wonder Woman done well isn't among them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The JLU version is a lot of things, but a Wonder Woman done well isn't among them.
    for me that wasn't a fan when it aired, I started liking her in the cartoon. I think was done well for most part of it. they at least tried to do the best without a reference source.

I have no interest in any romance story in which the word "tame" can be applied.

Oh who can tame that wild stallion known as Batman? A properly characterized Wonder Woman would roll her eyes at such an idea, not be part of it.
    too much meaning for a simple word. there's guys that dating a lot around before marrying. I even know one that never dated, only one night stands and he is married to his only girlfriend. She "tamed" him
    Last edited by Blacksun; 06-03-2014 at 05:40 PM.

They (DC) would definitely be taking a huge risk if they're planning a Trinity Triangle dynamic (ie coming across as extremely cheesy). I mean, sure if it's well-written almost any story can work ... but there's so much at stake if this is the path they want to walk down ... I'm not sure if they (or indeed anyone) can create a Trinity love triangle dynamic and make it cool (rather than lame)
    Last edited by friendly-fire-press; 06-04-2014 at 03:10 AM.

BANNED

Here's a though I've been having though. Does the emotional connection have to be a positive one? Because there is lots of hinting in previous issues of JL that Batman does not trust Wonder Woman. Could that be the emotional connection? Because unless outright stated, I don't know that it necessarily has to be positive. Batman has a strong emotional connection to Joker. But its hate. Could a very strong distrust be the connection here, and its kind of a red herring? Again, Johns is not really subtle, but there's instances in past issues to back it up, though.
    I wish I could give you a hug now because thats a clever theory. While I don't like the idea of Batman having negative feelings towards WW, I certainly like your idea better than that Batman/WW romance bullshit. The idea of hate is extreme but the idea of ''love'' between them is borderline inacceptable for a guy like Batman who believe in people first before ''gods''.
    Last edited by Bat007007; 06-03-2014 at 05:50 PM.

I don't hate Batman/Wonder Woman, but I don't love it either, especially if it comes as part and parcel of a "love triangle" and at the expense of Superman and Wonder Woman's characters. And the JLU version of it is about as far as well-done as possible. Hell, it actually made me feel sorry for Batman - being chased by this aggressive super-powered chick who wouldn't take no for an answer. And the JLU version of Wonder Woman...well, the less said about her, the better.

Not to mention it engages one of my most hated tropes - Batman as a "broken man" who can only be healed by the love of a good woman. **** off with that ****. Batman is a perfectly well-adjusted individual (well, for a superhero, at least), who just happens to find punching people in the face more stimulating than a relationship with a beautiful woman.

On second thoughts, maybe he's not so well-adjusted after all...
    Last edited by The Red Monk; 06-04-2014 at 02:06 AM.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    I don't hate Batman/Wonder Woman, but I don't love it either, especially if it comes as part and parcel of a "love triangle" and at the expense of Superman and Wonder Woman's characters. And the JLU version of it is about as far as well-done as possible. Hell, it actually made me feel sorry for Batman - being chased by this aggressive super-powered chick who wouldn't take no for an answer. And the JLU version of Wonder Woman...well, the less said about her, the better.

Not to mention it engages one of my most hated tropes - Batman as a "broken man" who can only be healed by the love of a good woman. **** off with that ****. Batman is a perfectly well-adjusted individual (well, for a superhero, at least), who just happens to find punching people in the face more stimulating than a relationship with a beautiful woman.

On second thoughts, maybe he's not so well-adjusted after all...
    I must have watched a different JLU than you did. From what I remember the attraction came up only tow or three times. And Diana was not the way you described.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I absolutely do not want to see a Superman/Wonder Woman/Batman love triangle. At all. Ever. It's just a bad, bad idea.

Actually, from the page where Batman is shown watching Superman and Wonder Woman kiss I think it's just that. He wants to watch... Its really creepy.
    Last edited by exile001; 06-04-2014 at 04:20 AM.

Did a little deleting and editing in this thread.

If you post (a) goes directly to the poster and not what they are saying, it will get edited/deleted. If your post is nothing more than a one word or one line comment at fans/the thread tone/individual posters, it will be deleted. Ditto if all your post is doing is goading someone or trying to fuel arguments.

All posts should be contributing to the discussion in a constructive manner.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    All posts should be contributing to the discussion in a constructive manner.
    I was just joking that Batman was a perv. Not sure if that's constructive or not.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    That is my input. If DC is only in the business of making money, instead of telling good stories that make money, then I can't see why they wouldn't give a trinity triangle a try. It seems like exactly the sort of thing I'd expect from the bold, fresh, and new New 52. Personally, I hate the idea. Not only do I not like Batman, but I think he'd be a terrible match for Diana. And, in the spirit of my previous objections to SM/WW, I am opposed to any mixing of mythologies unless it is done skillfully with the express purpose of reaffirming the detailed continuity of individual characters.
    And yet, if all they do is chase the dollar rather than keep their focus on the storytelling, the dollar will elude them. I'm with you on this: the story has to come first, and part of it means willing to take risks, like letting characters other than Batman shine, or even more dangerous, let him fail. Some might say that striking a trinity triangle is just such a risk, but really it isn't. It certainly is different, but the damage done to WW who be tragic. Already she is perceived my some as a woman who dumped Steve in a fashion that strikes many as cold and even manipulative and now possibly does the same to SM. Then there's SM. He has no one as it is. He doesn't have Lois; his parents are dead; and he may have to share the affections of the woman he loves with BM. But Batman, of course, gets to shine again (there's that dollar), acting as he always does as some paragon of what women deeply desire.

I think Sacred Knight's idea is far more interesting, but I've yet to see evidence that DC would be willing to take such a gamble.

Very interesting and informative posts by everyone.
    I too think it was a mistake for Superman and Wonder Woman to date.
    IMHO they were always best characterized as best friends.
    Superman has such a rich and iconic history with Lois Lane.
    It's pretty hard for a lot of Superman fans to forget that.
    I don't actually hate the idea of Superman dating before finally being with IMHO the true love of his life Lois Lane.
    It's just the way Superman and Wonder Woman are written in the Nu52.
    IMHO it diminishes from the characters that we've grown to love over the years.
    At least for this Superman fan anyway.