Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    I don't hate Batman/Wonder Woman, but I don't love it either, especially if it comes as part and parcel of a "love triangle" and at the expense of Superman and Wonder Woman's characters. And the JLU version of it is about as far as well-done as possible. Hell, it actually made me feel sorry for Batman - being chased by this aggressive super-powered chick who wouldn't take no for an answer. And the JLU version of Wonder Woman...well, the less said about her, the better.

Not to mention it engages one of my most hated tropes - Batman as a "broken man" who can only be healed by the love of a good woman. Fuck off with that shit. Batman is a perfectly well-adjusted individual (well, for a superhero, at least), who just happens to find punching people in the face more stimulating than a relationship with a beautiful woman.

On second thoughts, maybe he's not so well-adjusted after all...
    I really wonder if people really watched JLu or if they just an't take women taking iniciative in a relationship

I'm not sure it's accurate to say WW chased Batman all throughout the series. As mentioned, there were only a few episodes that really touched on the subject, and technically speaking, you could say Batman started it in "Maid of Honor." Unless you really, really hate the idea of the two together, it's not all that bad, except for "This Little Piggy," which is just lousy and I hope all the Batman people who've been critical of WW's "place" in her current relationship with Superman can at least admit that "This Little Piggy" is "problematic," to use the popular vernacular.

If you had to make a complaint, a better one would be that Wonder Woman was overall just too impressed by the guy, and probably not once throughout the series is there any conflict or friction between the two (except disagreeing about if they should date). Throughout the series, just about every character disagreed with another one at one point, but WW just seemed to think Batman was swell each and every time. That seemed odd to me because a big part of her character in this show was being put off by abrasive, arrogant men, and somehow that didn't apply to Batman (!). I guess you could say they were going for an irony angle, and they were prohibited from going that route because they already dedicated the love/hate portrayal to Green Lantern and Hawkgirl.

First Superman with Lois Lane, then Hal with Carol and now Batman with Wonder Woman. Why are DC superheroes suddenly becoming MRA icons?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    First Superman with Lois Lane, then Hal with Carol and now Batman with Wonder Woman. Why are DC superheroes suddenly becoming MRA icons?
    How so? (10 char)

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    How so? (10 char)
    It's a joke about the frequent use of the term "friendzone" by MRA activists.

BANNED

I'm not sure it's accurate to say WW chased Batman all throughout the series. As mentioned, there were only a few episodes that really touched on the subject, and technically speaking, you could say Batman started it in "Maid of Honor." Unless you really, really hate the idea of the two together, it's not all that bad, except for "This Little Piggy," which is just lousy and I hope all the Batman people who've been critical of WW's "place" in her current relationship with Superman can at least admit that "This Little Piggy" is "problematic," to use the popular vernacular.

If you had to make a complaint, a better one would be that Wonder Woman was overall just too impressed by the guy, and probably not once throughout the series is there any conflict or friction between the two (except disagreeing about if they should date). Throughout the series, just about every character disagreed with another one at one point, but WW just seemed to think Batman was swell each and every time. That seemed odd to me because a big part of her character in this show was being put off by abrasive, arrogant men, and somehow that didn't apply to Batman (!). I guess you could say they were going for an irony angle, and they were prohibited from going that route because they already dedicated the love/hate portrayal to Green Lantern and Hawkgirl.
    green/hawkgirl being the official couple limited the amount of other romances in the show. seeing how CN is more boys oriented (less when JLU started) and the focal test that Giancarlo volpe showed in a comic, makes sense that they would limit the rest of romance in the show.
    I really never saw WW in too much conflict with other men...

"This Little Pig" Not what is problematic, maybe I need to watch again. okay Batman defeat her villain, and saves WW. But he has to sing...batman singing a romantic song...that was awesome. maybe I need to watch again...

It's a joke about the frequent use of the term "friendzone" by MRA activists.
    Superman friendzoned himself...
    batman probably when WW watched jlu cartoon...
    Last edited by Blacksun; 06-04-2014 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    green/hawkgirl being the official couple limited the amount of other romances in the show. seeing how CN is more boys oriented (less when JLU started) and the focal test that Giancarlo volpe showed in a comic, makes sense that they would limit the rest of romance in the show.
    I really never saw WW in too much conflict with other men...

"This Little Pig" Not what is problematic, maybe I need to watch again. okay Batman defeat her villain, and saves WW. But he has to sing...batman singing a romantic song...that was awesome. maybe I need to watch again...
    "This Little Piggy" is mostly a silly episode, so I don't take it very seriously, but as you say, they make an episode about Wonder Woman's villain, turn WW into the character needing saving, and make Batman the key to saving the day. If you think the end makes it all worth it, I won't argue.

Wonder Woman complains about men in general at least twice. One time she says something like "Who needs [men]?" and Hawkgirl replies along the lines of "Don't knock it if you haven't tried it," and the second time was in the Secret Society episode.

BANNED

i honestly do not believe this hypothetical triangle is the result of having sm/ww hook up, all the other times smww was done in elseworlds never resulted in this. the problem is DC's over reliance on using batman to add drama. as evidenced by the fact that this wouldn't be the first time bats took someones girl assuming it actually happens(black canary).

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Is DC really doing this? Come the f*ck on.
    Not necessarily. Its a wait and see thing. What's going on in Batman's head in that scene in question would be something explored in Justice League.

BANNED

"This Little Piggy" is mostly a silly episode, so I don't take it very seriously, but as you say, they make an episode about Wonder Woman's villain, turn WW into the character needing saving, and make Batman the key to saving the day. If you think the end makes it all worth it, I won't argue.

Wonder Woman complains about men in general at least twice. One time she says something like "Who needs [men]?" and Hawkgirl replies along the lines of "Don't knock it if you haven't tried it," and the second time was in the Secret Society episode.
    She said that, but she never acted as man hating with any male member of JL. not that I remember.

I think the episode was handled well, like most of JLU. Batman still saves the day, that is bad I admit. But it's not the focus of the episode, and they make Batman go completely out of his comfort zone that is the best part of episode.

BANNED

She said that, but she never acted as man hating with any male member of JL. not that I remember.

I think the episode was handled well, like most of JLU. Batman still saves the day, that is bad I admit. But it's not the focus of the episode, and they make Batman go completely out of his comfort zone that is the best part of episode. It's more like a fun episode for a childs cartoon

Whatever happend to my avatar?

JLU Wonder Woman was written like a little school girl whenever she went around Batman. No personality at all.

Astonishing Member

I'm so tempted to make an insensitive joke about DC heroes becoming evil like a certain shooter.