View Poll Results: X-Men is Marvel's #1 Franchise. Do You Agree?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! They will always be #1 to us.

86 95.56%
  • No, I disagree (please explain)

4 4.44%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Avengers used to have more of an identity and even a family feel (though nowhere on par with the X-Men, who felt like real people), but even then they were a second rate Justice League. Not much different from the Defenders, Champions, etc. (except usually having one or more A-lister).

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I wonder how much Buzz feed actually knows about the X-Men.

Bet most never read a comic and none even know who Rachel is.
    Why does knowing who Rachel is matter?

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Because she's one of the biggest influences to many stories after the iconic mass media ones. Naming Excalibur and not even knowing who the initial cast is would be insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    Wow, why do you have such an issue with this article? One would think that as an x-fan you'd be happy that X-Men are so well represented on the list.

How does not mentioning Rachel make this list invalid? This guy clearly knows more about the comics than some others who make lists like these for sites like Buzzfeed!

If he mentioned Rachel for no particular reason would that make this list better in your mind? LoL
    Because articles like these are a dime a dozen and 9 times out of 10 the creators don't know what they're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post

38. exiles
    34. gambit
    27. alpha flight
    25. excalibur
    20. cable
    16. x-factor
    13. deadpool
    12. x-force
    11. new mutant
    7. wolverine
    No Cyclops?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    No Cyclops?
    What sort of solo franchise has he ever been? Sure he had the Tyke series, but come on, even Emma, Rogue and Bishop had longer solo runs.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Because she's one of the biggest influences to many stories after the iconic mass media ones. Naming Excalibur and not even knowing who the initial cast is would be insulting.

Because articles like these are a dime a dozen and 9 times out of 10 the creators don't know what they're talking about.
    But he listed this many franchises and talked about them! You have to have read some comics at some point to name Exiles, New Warriors or Thunderbolts and explain stuff about them. Let alone be able to say which runs were actually good and which ones sucked. Kinda like he did with Excalibur. You'r clearly pissed off just because he didn't name drop your favorite in his summary of Excalibur. Stop acting like that, it makes you look like some of the worst Storm fans! I mean, as an Exiles fan I also question his summary of that since it was short and made it look like he probably didn't read much of it but I can still admit that he does know stuff about comics even if he wouldn't be able to list most of MY favorite characters. LoL
    Last edited by JustAnotherFan; 08-15-2015 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    No Cyclops?
    Cyke's gonna need more solo cred before he makes any solo list...but only if its adult Cyke and Greg Rucka writing. or Cullen Bunn.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    But he listed this many franchises and talked about them! You have to have read some comics at some point to name Exiles, New Warriors or Thunderbolts and explain stuff about them. Let alone be able to say which runs were actually good and which ones sucked. Kinda like he did with Excalibur. You'r clearly pissed off just because he didn't name drop your favorite in his summary of Excalibur. Stop acting like that, it makes you look like some of the worst Storm fans! I mean, as an Exiles fan I also question his summary of that since it was short and made it look like he probably didn't read much of it but I can still admit that he does know stuff about comics even if he wouldn't be able to list most of MY favorite characters. LoL
    LOL, forget it, the poster simply will never forgive the writer for not mentioning his (hers?) favorite character and will continue to bash him and say he doesn't know anything about comics, even though the article and some others he wrote clearly indicates he knows what he's talking about- and probably knows more about universe than the poster itself. There's no cure for obsessed fanboyism.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    LOL, forget it, the poster simply will never forgive the writer for not mentioning his (hers?) favorite character and will continue to bash him and say he doesn't know anything about comics, even though the article and some others he wrote clearly indicates he knows what he's talking about- and probably knows more about universe than the poster itself. There's no cure for obsessed fanboyism.
    Yeah, based on what I've seen you're probably right. Some people just are just way too obsessed with their favorites.

To four people in this thread, I have but this to say...

"We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Fantastic Member

For the record, according to the the blog of the writer of this article, he's been reading the X-Men since he was 5, so not mentioning Rachel Grey does not mean you're a hack wiki writer. It means he simply didn't list a B List (at best) X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    To four people in this thread, I have but this to say...

Why Kieran, who could those four be? LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Aighthomie View Post
    For the record, according to the the blog of the writer of this article, he's been reading the X-Men since he was 5, so not mentioning Rachel Grey does not mean you're a hack wiki writer. It means he simply didn't list a B List (at best) X-men.
    Yes, I'm sure we can agree on this. Well, most of us at least. But maybe it's better we move on. After all, we don't want to get banned for silly fighting.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Of course the X-Men are the best, they have had the best stories and best writers for a long time until recently.

Though, the writer of the list didn't name Lorelei Travis so I'm not sure they're a real fan.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    Though, the writer of the list didn't name Lorelei Travis so I'm not sure they're a real fan.
    I know. Both Lorelei Travis and Strong Guy weren't name checked. Does he even know who the X-Men are?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    Of course the X-Men are the best, they have had the best stories and best writers for a long time until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Aighthomie View Post
    I know. Both Lorelei Travis and Strong Guy weren't name checked. Does he even know who the X-Men are?
    Oh, you two!