Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I think there's a chance on this one. Call me crazy but I think DC's finally realized that the Titans has been the one lost cause of the New 52 initiative and they're finally going about trying to fix it. If that is the case I could easily see current titles dealing with the relevant characters getting a memo on what's going to happen there.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I think there's a chance on this one. Call me crazy but I think DC's finally realized that the Titans has been the one lost cause of the New 52 initiative and they're finally going about trying to fix it. If that is the case I could easily see current titles dealing with the relevant characters getting a memo on what's going to happen there.
    I seriously hope you are right ... I miss the Titans of old!

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I've been saying this since the fist issue of the Finch run ... some good ideas, but the execution is terrible. I'd add that the art is horrendous what's with the weird pinched faces? Churchill ain't my bag I suppose.

I actually do appreciate that Meredith is attempting to maintain characters from the previous run, but when did Zola start speaking like some kind of bumpkin? And I think Diana just lost about 100 IQ points in this preview. And what's with the ignoring Milan except when she needs him to do the one thing he hates more than anything else? Why not go to Siracca to listen for Donna first? That's at least less traumatic for her sister. Also, why wouldn't she feel connected to the woman who's body was created from her mothers clay corpse?

I'm doing my best to enjoy the story, but it's getting harder and harder every month.
    The Zola thing is certainly odd.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Fixing it may be genuine and all, in Titans and in DC's 'overmind'. But I seriously doubt they would leave hints and clues about it in a throwaway line in books that wont have anything to do with the other one, not just because I don't think Meredith is in the loop of whats going to happen in Titans, but also because it just doesn't have anything to do with her story. In the context of what we actually know of Finchs' Donna is that Diana's mother is part of what makes up her physical form, while the spirit is possibly that of a deceased Amazon Diana might even have grown up alongside.

"Hi Milan, brother I only come visit when I need to exploit your power for my own purposes."

Ugh.

And Diana's dialogue? Whew. Talk about "shallow and pedantic."
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by icantstandthisindecision View Post
    Yeah, that was probably the intent, but it's pretty clear that editorial had other ideas. Because, I mean...

That is very much Donna and that team came about five years ago.
    What is THAT?!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The Zola thing is certainly odd.
    I doubt Zola's in it for more than a few panels. The new 'cast' seems to be the Amazons.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I doubt Zola's in it for more than a few panels. The new 'cast' seems to be the Amazons.
    True, but these repeated cameos by Zola and Hera may be leading up to something. My guess is that Zola, influenced or controlled by Athena, is the mysterious figure behind Aegeus. Just like Finch decided (unfortunately, in my opinion) that the Amazon reform movement Diana started should turn out to be badly broken, Finch may have also decided that Athena's sacrifice at the end of Azz's run was a sham, and Athena actually kept Zola as her puppet. I hope not, wbut it woiuld explain why FInch says Diana has a "real heartbreak" coming up in a few issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    True, but these repeated cameos by Zola and Hera may be leading up to something. My guess is that Zola, influenced or controlled by Athena, is the mysterious figure behind Aegeus. Just like Finch decided (unfortunately, in my opinion) that the Amazon reform movement Diana started should turn out to be badly broken, Finch may have also decided that Athena's sacrifice at the end of Azz's run was a sham, and Athena actually kept Zola as her puppet. I hope not, wbut it woiuld explain why FInch says Diana has a "real heartbreak" coming up in a few issues.
    Maybe the Finches are tearing down Diana's world to build her back up.

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Well, they can do that without me.

This comic finally has a perfectly good cast, and I don't see any reason to dump them, solely for the purpose of re-introducing Steve and Etta or the Amazons, as the new ' regulars'. There's nothing wrong with the current cast, and another 'bold, new direction' is entirely unnecessary! With the Byrne run, I could understand the change, which made sense, because he was relocating Wonder Woman from Boston to her own fictional city, Gateway City. Sure Doc Julia and Nessie could have moved out to Gateway with her, but, it made sense. Getting rid of an entire cast, every time some celeb writer doesn't want to write them, with NO consideration of the fans, is uncalled for.

I think Hera was hilarious...[I]darling./I] Hope we get to see more of her, Strife and Zola, and less of these blamed Amazons.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 08-15-2015 at 10:53 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

BANNED

I think it is only tearing down wonder woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Churchill has never been for me. No biggie. Seems like it's that way for others. Setting that aside...

- "But where do I begin? Unless..." That is just tough to take. It's just bad execution to have that be something that "dawns" on Diana. That's the worst part. The ideas aren't terrible. The execution is just a mess.

- Same goes for the Diana/Strife back and forth. If you are not the previous team, you should just leave their tricks in the bag until you are good enough to pull them off.

- That Diana's Mother's remains are still MIA while Diana is completely oblivious. Seriously?
    I perhaps wrongly assumed that the clay statue of hypolita was baked though apparently it was still fresh. None of the Good-for-nothing Amazons, not even Wonder Woman thought of moving it indoors, they let it melt away, held no funeral for the Queen and lost track of her remains...oh well, what's past is prologue, here's this super strong chick that came out of nowhere, lets anoint her!

Anyway, the art is far from great but for me it's better than that scratchy, finchy suckage. Finch has a way of sucking the life out of characters and I don't like that, and it's not even pleasing to look at
    Last edited by Aula_Magna; 08-15-2015 at 11:53 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Narrative View Post
    What is THAT?!!!!!!!!!
    That is the cover to Titans Hunt #1 and the team in the background is the original Teen Titans, from five years ago. AKA the start of the New 52

Astonishing Member

LOL. Maybe. And that would be fine, if only they were any good at it. But tearing the Amazons down in the middle of the building-back-up that zz had started, and doing it so clumsily, and doing the "building back Up" even more clumsily (witht he Amazons just deciding en masse to back Diana after she beat Donna)? That's not good, in my opinion. And after ll, fairly or unfairly, the FInches didn't get to do a reboot. When Azz "tore down," he actually wasn't messing up someone else's continuity; he was starting a a new one. In this case, I liked, for example, the reform path Azz seemed to have set the Amazons on, and I would have preferred for the FInches not to have soiled it the way they did. It's just my personal preference,

I liked the preview
    I liked the fill-in art
    and I see a continued improvement in Meredith Finches writing.