Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default That Time Archangel Had Sex With a Teenager. In the Sky. Above Her Mom

In CSBG's latest look at plots best ignored, we visit at the time the X-Man Archangel had sex with one of his teenaged teammates while flying above her mom.

Full article here.

She was an adult at the time (still useless storyline though)

chuck austen story threads are the gift that keep giving. i hope cbr does an article on "that time havoc "watered" bobby drake back to life."

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I remember how many on this same board were really upset about this particular moment in the serie. Snif, almost all those posters are no longer part of this forum anymore.

It coused a lot of fighting here.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

I remember loving this run when it was coming out. Why did people here not like it? I thought it was good, campy fun, yet still tackled some pretty big villains/plots. It also ran next to Morrison if I remember correctly, so the lightness was welcomed in my eyes.

well, the simple answer is back then we didn't know how good we had it at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Complexed View Post
    I remember loving this run when it was coming out. Why did people here not like it? I thought it was good, campy fun, yet still tackled some pretty big villains/plots. It also ran next to Morrison if I remember correctly, so the lightness was welcomed in my eyes.
    It wasn't super good but it was clearly better than what we had since the break up of the X-Men

I remember liking this story. It was one of the first X-Men stories that I have read and the only characters I know is Nightcrawler and Angel.

Austen's run was terrible, but to play Devil's Advocate he was basically writing the third tier X-Men title after X-Men legends' Morrison and Claremont. Once Larocca got on art his stories improved as well, but overall lackluster.

The Angel-Husk relationship seemed forced and odd. Though the idea of someone like Angel being with a younger girl isn't surprising.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Ultimate Member

Well to be fair to Warren though pretty much all of his previous girlfriends were his own age, so it was out of character for him, Paige as well...

Ignoring the weird decision Austen made to say mutants don't get HIV, how he could write X-men so badly while writing great Exiles stuff was confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    Ignoring the weird decision Austen made to say mutants don't get HIV, how he could write X-men so badly while writing great Exiles stuff was confusing.
    if you guys want to go an extra length further, he is a supervising producer of steven universe... the closest thing I've known that he directed and written in is tripping the rift. :/ Make that as you will.

Not sure if Austen's x-men will become a small cult classic on its own for how awfully enjoyable and horrible it was at the same time.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    if you guys want to go an extra length further, he is a supervising producer of steven universe... the closest thing I've known that he directed and written in is tripping the rift. :/ Make that as you will.

Not sure if Austen's x-men will become a small cult classic on its own for how awfully enjoyable and horrible it was at the same time.
    Actually, Austen had some good character moments, when he remembered to write them IN character. I liked Scott's comments to Alex about the bachelor party stripper during the whole Nurse Annie debacle. The run might have been very good if it used original characters that he could write as he liked. It's like the whole run was an event or something...
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Nurse Annie.

*shudder*

"She Lies With Angels" was a horrible rip-off of Romeo and Juliet and Austen began Paige's decline into "let's pick bad boyfriend after bad boyfriend".

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Nurse Annie.

*shudder*

"She Lies With Angels" was a horrible rip-off of Romeo and Juliet and Austen began Paige's decline into "let's pick bad boyfriend after bad boyfriend".
    You forgot the big lasting thing from that run - Nightcrawler, Son of Satan (or a close enough Expy). I still can't think of it without groaning.......who was the editor that forgot to scream how stupid an idea it was at the top of his lungs, and that an idea that dumb should never be allowed to leave the office?
    Dark does not mean deep.