Page 172 of 735 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272672 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 11023

How long will be that movie anyway? 3h? 4h? lol

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Oooooooh!
    Poor Ty he was so nervous and Sophie trying to calm him. Cyclops and Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbrat View Post
    http://deadline.com/2015/07/bryan-si...-a-1201474500/

"SINGER: Yes. I finally have a chance in this story to explore the origins of Jean Grey, Cyclops and Storm. These three characters, their origins, I’d been working toward exploring them with as much care as I had in Xavier and Magneto when I was developing First Class."
    YES do it Singer
    Last edited by 5cents; 07-12-2015 at 12:52 PM.

Jean probably breaks up the Cyclops/Storm fight. Bless her.
    Hmm...I wonder. Jean struggles with fears of her power and how to use it through the whole movie, and her big character statement is holding back a simultaneously destructive blast from Ororo and Scott and then getting them to pause and see reason in the calm afterwards. I could see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Judging by past movies 2:20 all X-men movies are pretty short, if DOFP only was 2 hours and a half with the deleted scenes Apoc will be shorter

Oooooooh!
    Lol at Sophie Turner caressing Tye Sheridan's face while he was talking and being all nervous in the panel

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Method acting at it's finest.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I hardly called people worshiping and giving her free stuff inspiring. And this has nothing to do with gender stuff. The X-Men are about outsiders finding their place she may be looking for her place with the wrong people till she finds a better way. That to me is better than Professor X just showing up telling her she's not a goddess but a mutant and taking her to the x-mansion to be on his team.
    She refused their offerings and helped them anyways. Storm's origin is great because it is a counterpoint to the usual 'feared and hated' theme. She was able to use her powers for the betterment of mankind in her community, and they were able to appreciate her for it. She is the living embodiment of the Dream.

Making her some lost soul, swayed by Apocalypse and then needing to be saved by Xavier, is a disgrace. And it does smell of misogyny and racism.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Hmm...I wonder. Jean struggles with fears of her power and how to use it through the whole movie, and her big character statement is holding back a simultaneously destructive blast from Ororo and Scott and then getting them to pause and see reason in the calm afterwards. I could see it.
    A young Jean will likely still be figuring out her powers. Though I hope she will be stronger than X1 Jean. Don't think we'll get this in the film.

BANNED

lol there is nothing progressive about Storm's "classic" origin. She is a modern day woman who didn't even understand to put on clothes. Because AFRICA.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    How do you know the person who come along to help isn't Jean? Let's wait until the film comes out before deciding what's in it.

I know previous stuff from the Fox X-films aren't exactly confidence builders, but much of the stuff featured for this film seems to feature Jean in some way or another, so there is hope.
    I'm specifically talking about the commentary where Shipp said storm was looking for a god and she found one in apocalypse. This is why she joined his horsemen.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    She refused their offerings and helped them anyways. Storm's origin is great because it is a counterpoint to the usual 'feared and hated' theme. She was able to use her powers for the betterment of mankind in her community, and they were able to appreciate her for it. She is the living embodiment of the Dream.

Making her some lost soul, swayed by Apocalypse and then needing to be saved by Xavier, is a disgrace. And it does smell of misogyny and racism.
    thnk you for this I 6 tally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbrat View Post
    lol there is nothing progressive about Storm's "classic" origin. She is a modern day woman who didn't even understand to put on clothes. Because AFRICA.
    No one spoke about progression. The conversation has been about storm being her own person and not looking to another mutant to find god, especially when she was worshipped as a Goddess.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    No one spoke about progression. The conversation has been about storm being her own person and not looking to another mutant to find god, especially when she was worshipped as a Goddess.
    Obviously she isn't being worshipped as a goddess in this timeline.

And being a storm intelligent and powerful woman doesn't mean that you don't occasionally get lost and make poor choices, it means that when you realize that you have you own up to it and make it right. This is something Storm has done so it would be in line with her character to make the right choice when she has all the information.

BANNED

It's a new age. I don't think we have to worry about things like Jean jobbing out to...let's say Toad...anymore.

Also, Storm can still be Storm without a direct translation of her bush origin and with an emphasis on a harder, urban street-past. They'll have her as Cairo street-urchin badass turned "God just woke up and told me to inherit the Earth" badass turned "ok I'm just like everyone else but gifted" heroic badass. I am confident that Storm will be great and that the journey from wayward 'Ro to Ororo Munroe: Storm will be interesting.

I'm actually thinking Singer, Sophie, Alex and company will make these characters into the iconic women we view them as, but on a world-wide scale.

While Tumblr is pretending people want to see a Black Widow movie, X-WOMEN is unfolding before our very eyes.

They just need to retcon Rogue into the Rogue we love to really get things going perfectly.

Relax, peeps. We're almost there.
    Last edited by shootthej; 07-12-2015 at 02:21 PM.

BANNED

Some people are worried that the film is going to have a anti-religion feel to it, with Apocalypse claiming to have gone by the names, Ra, Krishna and Yahweh. But Apocalypse is a boastful ass, and may not have actually gone by these names (though sense he did once rule Egypt, him claiming to be Ra would make sense). Or he could have just briefly tried to convince these groups that he was there god just to screw with them, and didn't actually start the religions and just tried to mess with preexisting faiths.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    It could be 12 hours without bonus features or Rogue Cut and I'd gleefully sit there and enjoy it!
    Quote Originally Posted by sagiravi View Post
    Lol at Sophie Turner caressing Tye Sheridan's face while he was talking and being all nervous in the panel
    Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    I KNOW!!! Someone needs to gif the Limbo out of that! The heckling from the moderator was uncalled for... but still funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I can see that. Moreso than Xavier, Jean's always been the feeling, caring heart of the X-Men. We have 'angry' Cyclops and 'lost' Storm brought together by 'alienated' Jean, allowing all of them to find peace and friendship and, you know, explosions.
    Last edited by nx01a; 07-12-2015 at 02:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Do you guys think that the audience is really full of X-fans or just Hollywood fans?