Page 201 of 735 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301701 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 11023

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    How do you know it's going to be the best comic book film of 2016? Did you step into a time portal to the future and see it? There's a great handful of other comic book films coming out next year including Captain America: Civil War, Batman vs Superman, Suicide Squad, Deadpool, and Doctor Strange. This film has a ton of diverse competition.
    *yawn* to all of those, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    We're not defending anything, we were saying don't jump to conclusions that it's all bad for Storm because of a photo that none of us have any real idea of the context of. You were the one that decided that Storm *must* have done something horrible based solely on what someone said.

If this 'crap' movie that none of us have seen yet, so none of us can actually have a fully thought out opinion of it makes you so upset, why not ignore this thread? It's done nothing but rile you up since it began and if it's that upsetting why not just avoid it?
    I honestly don't get why he's here. He despises the movies, and thinks that there are zero redeeming qualities about them, but continues to follow them consistently knowing that he is going to hate everything that they do, and twist every little bit of incomplete information that gets released to fit his "Fox is racist and sexist" narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    She had no problem standing beside a murderer like Wolverine, a master manipulator like Professor X, and a person who withheld the cure for cancer from the world like Black Panther. Storm has always aligned herself with bad people.
    Or a man in Gambit who pretty much led a genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess View Post
    The Winter Soldier was the best film based off of Marvel Comics characters (that includes Spiderman, X-Men and F4). This is coming from someone who despises the Capt Amer Character. The movie was impeccable. Was more political thriller than super-powered comic book movie.
    Eh, not really. That movie was pretty generic. Just like every other Marvel Studios movie that's ever been released. Absolutely nothing in that movie that was in the least bit memorable. Just like every other Marvel Studios movie that's ever been released.

DoFP > XMFC > X2 > X1 > TW > TLS > XMOW > TWS > TAvengers > C1 > AoU> the rest of marvel studios movie

And I know its everyone right to dream about something, but I just want to put this reminder

That is the first movie adaptation of The Hobbit ever. It was made on the sole purpose to keep the right from reverting to back to JRR. Tolkien. It was made on a very cheap budget (under 10000 dollars) and in a very fast time (under one month). It screened in one thetaer for just one night.

Believe me, Fox is not above that. Even if the superheroes fad is cooling down and no more profitable, Fox can always make one FF or X-men movies like that just to keep the right to reverting back while waiting for superheroes fad to come again.

It will be raining snow in hell before Marvel could lay their hand on X-men again.
    Last edited by veriaqa; 07-22-2015 at 12:49 AM.
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I agree. The Winter Solider is the best one to date. And First Class was the best X-Men outing(phew, did not have to worry about Storm, but damn they turned Angel into a stripper AND a traitor*and blasted her wing off, and blew my man Darwin up*mutant power:not dying).
    You think FC was better than X2 and DOFP? I'm gonna have to disagree. The only thing I liked about FC was Fassneto and lack of Logan.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess View Post
    You think FC was better than X2 and DOFP? I'm gonna have to disagree. The only thing I liked about FC was Fassneto and lack of Logan.
    FC, X2 and DOFP are definitely my top 3 X-Men movies. Plot wise I like FC best. It made Magneto such a powerful character (with/without power). DOFP made the impossible, having so much mutants without hurting the story and still have some memorable moments. Let's hope Apocalypse can continue the greatness of DOFP.. maybe even better.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    *yawn* to all of those, in my opinion.

I honestly don't get why he's here. He despises the movies, and thinks that there are zero redeeming qualities about them, but continues to follow them consistently knowing that he is going to hate everything that they do, and twist every little bit of incomplete information that gets released to fit his "Fox is racist and sexist" narrative.

Or a man in Gambit who pretty much led a genocide.

Eh, not really. That movie was pretty generic. Just like every other Marvel Studios movie that's ever been released. Absolutely nothing in that movie that was in the least bit memorable. Just like every other Marvel Studios movie that's ever been released.
    Gambit did anything but lead a genocide, he didn't know that they were going to kill the Morlocks until it was to late, and then he tried to stop it from happening and nearly got killed because of it, and as far as the movies go Logan's only killed those that were trying to kill either he or his friends and loved ones.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    FC, X2 and DOFP are definitely my top 3 X-Men movies. Plot wise I like FC best. It made Magneto such a powerful character (with/without power). DOFP made the impossible, having so much mutants without hurting the story and still have some memorable moments. Let's hope Apocalypse can continue the greatness of DOFP.. maybe even better.
    FC had the problem of feeling kind of rushed. The ending in particular. It's still good mind you, just not quite as much as it could have with some "polishing." It felt as if they didn't know if they'd get a sequel and so felt like they needed to go back to "status quo" by the end (which I've actually heard was the case). Magneto's and especially Mystique's turn happens too quickly. And while the movie was brilliant when it came to Xavier and Magneto (and Shaw was a really fun villain), and it even made me not mind Azazel (X-films+teleportation=cool action scenes) the secondary mutants were quite bland (and unlike DOFP, they didn't have truly cool powers/actions scenes to somewhat make up for it).

BANNED

I'd say that Captain America: TWS and X-MEN: DOFP are tied for greatest superhero film yet.

I seriously don't see any of the hype over Winter Soldier. That movie kind of bored me and I had forgotten all about it the moment I walked out of the theater. Was just another bland MCU film.

BANNED

The two Thor films and Iron Man 2 were bland, but the rest of the MCU film weren't. Captain America TWS was awesome, very unique among superhero films, being a spy thriller. It was excellent, X-MEN DOFP was just as good though.

Ultimate Member

^Yeah got to agree with William here. I freaking LOVED TWS (saw it three times in theatres actually). But then again I've never been fond of these "studio wars." I enjoy a lot of different stuff, but for different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    I seriously don't see any of the hype over Winter Soldier. That movie kind of bored me and I had forgotten all about it the moment I walked out of the theater. Was just another bland MCU film.
    I had that same feeling about DOFP, felt it was just decent nothing more nothing less

BANNED

I really don't see the point of letting the studio wars effect us, were all fans, and we all have our own personal tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    I really don't see the point of letting the studio wars effect us, were all fans, and we all have our own personal tastes.
    It's not a studio war for me. I don't care about that. I am just thoroughly unimpressed by literally every MCU movie out there. I didn't get "spy thriller" vibe from Winter Soldier. I got bland superhero movie with some very generic and basic espionage concepts implemented.

MCU movies are fun for a couple hours, but there's literally nothing about them that is memorable enough for me to remember after leaving the theater. I just saw Ant Man a couple nights ago and I couldn't tell you crap about it. I barely remember a thing about Avengers 2. It left absolutely no impression on me. My favorite MCU movie is Guardians of the Galaxy and even then it falls into the "if I never saw it again, that would be okay with me" category.

The only thing about it that relates to the studios is that I am just simply not even in the least bit impressed by what Marvel Studios is doing. They do what they do and lots of people like it and that's fine. I don't begrudge their success nor people who do like it. But it's not for me, and more relevant to what does effect me, is watching all these other studios try to emulate this formula that quite frankly I feel would be an immense dumbing down of the X-Men concept specifically, but really all of these comic movies now trying to be like Avengers. I just feel the entire genre is dumbing down in an attempt to replicate Marvel, which is a concept that I already feel is dumbed down and unappealing to begin with. Probably my biggest reason why I just kind of want the genre to just fizzle out, let this X-Men franchise come to an end, and just move on to something else. This whole thing is close to jumping the shark for me.

BANNED

I disagree completely. I think the MCU has overall been quite good, and I thought TWS was incredible, same with with DOFP. Also, if you wan't the the genre to fizzle and die again, then go see them. I don't see any point in you watching films that you don't enjoy.