Page 2 of 735 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast

I'm hoping we see Angel, Banshee, Azazel, and Emma as the Four Horsemen OR Apocalypse pulls characters from the future.

One way they could include the original cast is to show an AoA like alternate future that they have to prevent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    I want to see Polaris in the next film. They can always make her a Horseman if they want to give Magneto someone powerful to fight.
    Given movie Magneto has shown he doesn't have much problem killing anybody save perhaps his best bud Charles it would could provide things with some real emotional resonance for him.

Dear Fox,

Please cast Kevin Grevioux as Apocalypse.

Thank you
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Here's what's been confirmed or all-but confirmed:

-Young versions of Cyclops, Storm, and Jean will appear.
    -Channing Tatum will pay Gambit.
    -Young Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, and Beast will all return.
    -Apocalypse and his Horsemen will be the villains.
    -Hugh Jackman will return as Wolverine.
    -The movie will be an "extinction-level event" and feature "disaster movie" type of destruction/devastation.

What I'd like to see.

-Some of the established characters being turned into Horsemen. Wolverine and Magneto make the most sense, but I can also see Mystique or Gambit being ones as well.
    -Bring back Havok in a more substantial role and clarify exactly what his relationship with Cyclops is.
    -Explain WHY Mystique rescued Wolverine at the end of DOFP.
    -Introduce Mr. Sinister and then make him the main villain of a future film.
    -Dazzler!! Come on, it's the 80's for goodness sake.
    Well being a bit biased I would set Gambit and Sinister up as important factors in defeating Apocalypse. Sinister disguised as a former scientist at Trask industries who would be revealed as having intimate knowledge of Apocalypse which is why the X-men seek him out. Gambit as a seemingly brainwashed Horseman. Then it would be revealed that Sinister tinkered with Gambit's brain which is what ultimately allows Gambit to overcome the brainwashing and reveal some intel or do something necessary to allow the rest of the X-men to defeat Apocalypse.

Then in the solo movie they can explain Gambit and Sinsiter's origins from the Guilds to the Marauders to the mutant massacre with it being revealed that the mutant massacre was Sinister's attempt to cover up his experiments from Apocalypse prior to the start of his attempted takeover with one of the byproducts of those experiments being whatever it was he did to Gambit that allowed him to overcome his brainwashing.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Ultimate Member

Keith David as Apocalypse. Also I forgot, Quicksilver has been confirmed to return as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Magneto might become on of the Horsemen himself. I can see Apocalypse observing Magneto's previous actions and thinking "That guy's pretty strong, he could be useful to me."
    Well honestly, aside from the massive ego, there is little reason for movie Mags not to willing align himself with Apocalypse given their ideologies are similar with the only difference being Apocalypse is perhaps even more extreme than Mags.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Well honestly, aside from the massive ego, there is little reason for movie Mags not to willing align himself with Apocalypse given their ideologies are similar with the only difference being Apocalypse is perhaps even more extreme than Mags.
    And Mags would wanna be in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    And Mags would wanna be in charge.
    Yeah hence why I said aside from his massive ego. Although after Poccy slaps him around a bit maybe he falls in line. First Class Mags probably thinks he is the most powerful mutant alive because up to this point he probably was so it will be interesting to see how he responds when he discovers a 5,000 year old mutant who surpasses him. I imagine that could be very humbling for him.

I honestly see the horsemen being either 100% un-encountered movie characters or 1 known and three un-encountered's. I don't think there's enough room in the format for enough of a well played out 'fall and redemption' arc for more than one established character. Sadly I'd assume we're likely going to get Wolverine as Death, as it is what would 'sell' the best to casual moviegoers.

I believe that Singer or Kinberg hinted that Apocalypse would be more charismatic and empathetic in the movie than he typically is in the comics and the suggestion was that he may actually convince some mutants from the earlier films to side with his cause.

I suspect given he is 5,000 years old and has presumably seen civilizations rise and fall he will be able to offer a certain perspective about the inevitability of humans turning on that which they do no understand.

I imagine this is a chance to show how Xavier recruited the X-Men and Magneto recruited the Brotherhood.

Xavier would train Cyclops to be the future leader, help Jean control her powers and on his way to Egypt (you know, because of Apocalypse) he finds Ororo. Throw Gambit in there somewhere. No Beast this time, make him go to college, let Kurt be the blue creature of this one.

Magneto and Mystique are joined by Pietro (who finds ou who daddy is) and Toad.

Longshot and Dazzler cameos, it's the 80's so mullets are in.

I like the idea of Wolverine being one of the horsemen but let's not focus on him.

Javier Barden is my Apocalypse of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Magneto betrays his 'allies' left and right in the movies. Him being allied with Apocalypse only to see the true horror of En Sabah Nur's plans then betray him to work with Xavier and the young X-Men would be nice.

As for his Horsemen: Archangel, Banshee, Emma Frost, and Wolverine. Apocalypse gave Wolverine back an adamantium skeleton in the comics after Magneto pulled the original out, right? With the timeline changed, Apocalypse can be the one who gives him the skeleton in the first place as part of turning Wolverine into War. It would be nice to see Wolverine as an out-and-out killing machine.

Days of Future Past managed almost two dozen mutants better than I could have hoped, so including Nightcrawler and Gambit and the First Class crew and Jean/Scott/Ororo and the Four Horsemen and Apocalypse and maybe more shouldn't be a concern. Hell, Apocalypse could be the one ordering a purge of the Morlocks to ensure the strong survive. Yes, Sinister is also a must!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    Magneto and Mystique are joined by Pietro (who finds ou who daddy is) and Toad.
    Problem is, given the events of Days, Mags would have a LOT of making up to do before Mystique would be willing to work with him ever again.

Fantastic Member

If the film makes continued use of the Cold War as part of its period piece aspect, maybe Apocalypse could lead a rising mutant superpower nation or nation-state. Perhaps being courted by the US and USSR like some countries were. With Kinberg's description of the film having disaster scenes, it could be more along the lines of Apocalypse invading and destroying stuff. In that case some variation of Ship as a looming UFO-like thing would be a good inclusion.

With hints that some characters may see the positive of Apocalypse's side and join up I could see them joining voluntarily and then the semi-obligatory torturous process to become horsemen bit. As the most iconic horseman I pretty much expect Archangel to be included whether some way to bring Warren in and ignore X3 is found or he's just a totally separate guy.

Incredible Member

Since the X-Men will be reformed again (presumably), I'd like to see some uniforms return.

And since this is the 80's, I think it's the perfect time to inject some color into these uniforms.

I'd want to see Xavier recruiting Scott, Jean, and Storm.

Also, in the 2020s, I wouldn't mind seeing Wolvy dealing with his new life, perhaps as a framing story for the 80's. Perhaps while he's happy that Jean and Scott are alive again, perhaps he doesn't quite feel at home in this new universe. I'd like it if he decides to leave the X-Men, leaving Jean alone to be happy with Scott this time instead of complicating things, moving on and going his own way (setting up Wolverine 3, his final outing).

Since this is potentially the last movie with McAvoy, Fassy, and JLaw, I wouldn't mind if the next trilogy focuses on Scott, Jean, Storm as the main characters in the 90s. Perfect time to bring in them 90s costumes as well.
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; 06-03-2014 at 09:50 PM.