Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-New Member

Default X-Men: Apocalypse Movie Speculation

After watching DoFP, I started thinking about what new mutants could turn up in the sequel, so here is my take on it:

First of all Magneto, Mystique and Wolverine should only have minor or cameo roles, since the previous 5 movies revolved always around them, it's time to see some fresh faces. Most of their character threads have been explored but I am not against solo films for them, where they can shine in a different way. Magneto (Fassbender) I can see especially involving a backstory for his kids.

Apocalypse, 4 Horsemen: Quicksilver, Havok, Polaris, Psylocke.
    They would be persuaded or partially mind controlled into service, as Quicksilver and Havok weren't exactly villain types in DoFP, although kinda shady figures (prisoner, thief). Polaris and Psylocke would be new characters in the movies and much needed female presence among the many male mutants.
    There could also be several historical scenes, flashbacks, with previous incarnations of Horsemen, for example Sinister.
    I would also like to see some villains recruited into the X-Men's folds -cue 4 Horsemen- as was commonplace in the comics, Banshee, Quicksilver, Rogue, Gambit, all started as villains, while in the movies it was always the other way around, everyone defected to Magneto in all of the movies.

Xavier, Beast, young Jean, Scott, Ororo and Kurt (all 4 recast obv.) around 18-20 years old students, plus Legion, Armor, Dust, Elixir, Proteus, 14-16-ish old students. This lineup would keep the gender balance and be more racially diverse as well. The younger students would have a distinct power-set, with mutations we have'nt seen in the movies yet, not just yet another teleporter, fire manipulator, etc.
    I could see Legion (or Proteus) as the followup villain after Apocalypse, here only foreshadowing. Armor, Dust, Elixir, Proteus could be his personas at first, gaining separate bodies during the movie.

What do you guys think?

Gambit is pretty much all but costume fitted and filmed, so we know he will show up.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Gambit is pretty much all but costume fitted and filmed, so we know he will show up.
    I have been waiting 7 movies so they better do it right this time...no 5min cameo like in Wolverine Origins!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    I have been waiting 7 movies so they better do it right this time...no 5min cameo like in Wolverine Origins!
    Me too. I need awesome Gambit in Apocalypse.

Days of Future Past restored my faith in the franchise. Now here's all I want out of Apocalypse:

more Magneto! Ian McKellen will always be my Magneto, and while he was badass, he never really got to give any big rallying speeches like Fassbender's version has. Seriously, there were moments in DoFP where I almost jumped out of my seat and saluted the dude. I want plenty more Magneto badassery in the next film.

Wolverine gets back-benched DoFP was the first and only Wolverine and Friends film that I liked. He does not need to be the star of this next film. I would like to see him recruited as one of Apocalypse's Four Horsemen, perhaps lured in by Mystique. Then, we wouldn't really focus on him at all really until maybe the 3rd act of the film. Perhaps in this new timeline Wolverine gets his adamantium makeover from Apocalypse rather than Stryker if Mystique has killed Stryker (I think she might have; either way, if William Stryker appears in this film, my eyes may just roll themselves right out of my head).

Havok! I am desperate for more Havok, because he and Banshee were my favorite youngsters of the First Class cast and apparently Banshee is dead. So I hope Havok gets to take center stage and perhaps this new film will clarify his relationship with Cyclops. Is he Scott's father? Uncle? Really older brother? Personally, I hope he is Scott's father, having knocked a girl up prior to fighting in 'Nam.

Dazzler! the '80s setting would not be complete without the awesomely good (or bad, depending on how you feel about it) music scene at the time. Who better to represent this than Dazzler? Also, her powers would be amazing to see on the big screen.

A concession to Stryker if FOX insists on including William Stryker for another unnecessary round of "you will go on to be the chief villain in X2! Wink wink!" then this film should introduce us to young Jason *cough Wyngarde cough* Stryker and give us his rise and fall. Perhaps Apocalypse fucks with the kid and thus Xavier is unable to "help" him, leading him to set Stryker on his path to infamy.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Days of Future Past restored my faith in the franchise. Now here's all I want out of Apocalypse:

more Magneto! Ian McKellen will always be my Magneto, and while he was badass, he never really got to give any big rallying speeches like Fassbender's version has. Seriously, there were moments in DoFP where I almost jumped out of my seat and saluted the dude. I want plenty more Magneto badassery in the next film.

Wolverine gets back-benched DoFP was the first and only Wolverine and Friends film that I liked. He does not need to be the star of this next film. I would like to see him recruited as one of Apocalypse's Four Horsemen, perhaps lured in by Mystique. Then, we wouldn't really focus on him at all really until maybe the 3rd act of the film. Perhaps in this new timeline Wolverine gets his adamantium makeover from Apocalypse rather than Stryker if Mystique has killed Stryker (I think she might have; either way, if William Stryker appears in this film, my eyes may just roll themselves right out of my head).

Havok! I am desperate for more Havok, because he and Banshee were my favorite youngsters of the First Class cast and apparently Banshee is dead. So I hope Havok gets to take center stage and perhaps this new film will clarify his relationship with Cyclops. Is he Scott's father? Uncle? Really older brother? Personally, I hope he is Scott's father, having knocked a girl up prior to fighting in 'Nam.

Dazzler! the '80s setting would not be complete without the awesomely good (or bad, depending on how you feel about it) music scene at the time. Who better to represent this than Dazzler? Also, her powers would be amazing to see on the big screen.

A concession to Stryker if FOX insists on including William Stryker for another unnecessary round of "you will go on to be the chief villain in X2! Wink wink!" then this film should introduce us to young Jason *cough Wyngarde cough* Stryker and give us his rise and fall. Perhaps Apocalypse fucks with the kid and thus Xavier is unable to "help" him, leading him to set Stryker on his path to infamy.
    Wolverine's not even the star of DOFP. Young Xavier and Mystique are (and to a lesser degree young Magneto).

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post

I agree with your other choices (Dazzler especially), but haven't we had enough of Magneto? Seriously people like to say Wolverine is overexposed, but fail to acknowledge that Magneto has been front and center in every single X-Film. His character doesn't seem contribute much to the films besides starting unnecessary problems. I would prefer they benched him and not give him a starring role, and give other unfleshed characters a spotlight.

Fassbender Magneto is too good not to use. Plus, I assume this is a trilogy based on Xavier/Magneto if we go back to FC.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I agree with your other choices (Dazzler especially), but haven't we had enough of Magneto? Seriously people like to say Wolverine is overexposed, but fail to acknowledge that Magneto has been front and center in every single X-Film. His character doesn't seem contribute much to the films besides starting unnecessary problems. I would prefer they benched him and not give him a starring role, and give other unfleshed characters a spotlight.
    While I like Magneto's portrayal (both young and old) I have to agree. He just messed things up in DoFP, feels like old Magneto said that they'll need him just to get out of jail earlier and maybe repair his relationship with Xavier.

aquaroboros

I always thought Natalie Dormer would be perfect Dazzler

Last edited by aquaroboros; 05-28-2015 at 12:12 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    I am serious, yes thanks for asking. I said blue contacts on people with brown eyes. Even the image of Janet doesn't look great. Not to mention, if Shipp is playing young Storm then how is she going to have blue eyes as a teen but when she grows up to Halle Berry Storm she has brown eyes. It wouldn't make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Old Storm wears brown contacts to go incognito. Dun dun dunnnnnn
    Quote Originally Posted by veriaqa View Post
    But I agree with RLAAMJR, if it is comics then there are no excuses not to draw Storm with blue eyes. The movies though are another thing completely, so it is excusable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post

It matters because depending on how dark the persons eyes are, the blue doesn't look normal and then you know that person is wearing contacts and then if it *does* look off, isn't that just one more thing for people to complain about? For example, Brandon Routh wore colored contacts for Superman Returns but even then they had to doctor them a little to make them look more natural. So no, I don't think just slapping blue contacts on Alexandra Shipp isn't going to look all that great.

And it *is* about Fox making Storm a better character as they hold the cinematic rights to the character, they'll have direct input in the movie just like Marvel does with their cinematic universe. You've heard of Director's leaving films because of studio input and overreaching? Yes. They do have a say, a greater say than the director does, don't believe me, go ask Joss Whedon.

Look, it's clear that for some reason you absolutely *need* them to give Storm blue eyes and you know what? More power to you, you keep tweeting Singer and Shipp and maybe your dreams will come true. I hope you're not upset when they *don't* but at least you've got goals. Given that they've probably already begun filming scenes I doubt they would do reshoots just to give Shipp blue contacts and then spend *more* money touching them up in post to make them look more natural but hey, who knows? For me, I'm going to be hoping that they give Storm something to do in this movie and actually give her quality characterization.
    Sorry I don't see a difference in the color of either of that woman's eyes in the pic you just posted. Either way it doesn't matter cause Storm's eyes are blue period. Doesn't matter if you see a tiny peep of darkness. As I said before if they can make Psylocke's hair purple, and Mystique's eyes yellow then they could make Storm's eyes blue. If they already started filming then oh Brian still sucks ass. Fox studios aren't interested in making one character especially a black woman a character of quality for a comic movie unless it's Wolverine, Spiderman, Hulk, Captain America, or Thor.

Ultimate Member

Here's what's been confirmed or all-but confirmed:

-Young versions of Cyclops, Storm, and Jean will appear.
    -Channing Tatum will pay Gambit.
    -Young Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, and Beast will all return.
    -Apocalypse and his Horsemen will be the villains.
    -Hugh Jackman will return as Wolverine.
    -The movie will be an "extinction-level event" and feature "disaster movie" type of destruction/devastation.

What I'd like to see.

-Some of the established characters being turned into Horsemen. Wolverine and Magneto make the most sense, but I can also see Mystique or Gambit being ones as well.
    -Bring back Havok in a more substantial role and clarify exactly what his relationship with Cyclops is.
    -Explain WHY Mystique rescued Wolverine at the end of DOFP.
    -Introduce Mr. Sinister and then make him the main villain of a future film.
    -Dazzler!! Come on, it's the 80's for goodness sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

-The movie will be an "extinction-level event" and feature "disaster movie" type of destruction/devastation.

What I'd like to see.

-Some of the established characters being turned into Horsemen. Wolverine and Magneto make the most sense, but I can also see Mystique or Gambit being ones as well.
    -Bring back Havok in a more substantial role and clarify exactly what his relationship with Cyclops is.
    Well being a bit biased I would set Gambit and Sinister up as important factors in defeating Apocalypse. Sinister disguised as a former scientist at Trask industries who would be revealed as having intimate knowledge of Apocalypse which is why the X-men seek him out. Gambit as a seemingly brainwashed Horseman. Then it would be revealed that Sinister tinkered with Gambit's brain which is what ultimately allows Gambit to overcome the brainwashing and reveal some intel or do something necessary to allow the rest of the X-men to defeat Apocalypse.

Then in the solo movie they can explain Gambit and Sinsiter's origins from the Guilds to the Marauders to the mutant massacre with it being revealed that the mutant massacre was Sinister's attempt to cover up his experiments from Apocalypse prior to the start of his attempted takeover with one of the byproducts of those experiments being whatever it was he did to Gambit that allowed him to overcome his brainwashing.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

What I'd like to see.

CT still has not been confirmed for Apocalypse.

What HAS been confirmed is the First Class roster being the main focus.
    Last edited by Synthetic Innocence; 07-21-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Ultimate Member

No what's been confirmed is that it takes place in the FC era and mostly follows up from DOFP on their end, that's not the same thing. Besides, most of the FC roster is dead.