Page 1 of 735 123451151101501 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Default X-Men: Apocalypse Movie Speculation

After watching DoFP, I started thinking about what new mutants could turn up in the sequel, so here is my take on it:

First of all Magneto, Mystique and Wolverine should only have minor or cameo roles, since the previous 5 movies revolved always around them, it's time to see some fresh faces. Most of their character threads have been explored but I am not against solo films for them, where they can shine in a different way. Magneto (Fassbender) I can see especially involving a backstory for his kids.

Apocalypse, 4 Horsemen: Quicksilver, Havok, Polaris, Psylocke.
    They would be persuaded or partially mind controlled into service, as Quicksilver and Havok weren't exactly villain types in DoFP, although kinda shady figures (prisoner, thief). Polaris and Psylocke would be new characters in the movies and much needed female presence among the many male mutants.
    There could also be several historical scenes, flashbacks, with previous incarnations of Horsemen, for example Sinister.
    I would also like to see some villains recruited into the X-Men's folds -cue 4 Horsemen- as was commonplace in the comics, Banshee, Quicksilver, Rogue, Gambit, all started as villains, while in the movies it was always the other way around, everyone defected to Magneto in all of the movies.

Xavier, Beast, young Jean, Scott, Ororo and Kurt (all 4 recast obv.) around 18-20 years old students, plus Legion, Armor, Dust, Elixir, Proteus, 14-16-ish old students. This lineup would keep the gender balance and be more racially diverse as well. The younger students would have a distinct power-set, with mutations we have'nt seen in the movies yet, not just yet another teleporter, fire manipulator, etc.
    I could see Legion (or Proteus) as the followup villain after Apocalypse, here only foreshadowing. Armor, Dust, Elixir, Proteus could be his personas at first, gaining separate bodies during the movie.

What do you guys think?

Gambit is pretty much all but costume fitted and filmed, so we know he will show up.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Hey dude, saw this and though I would share what I would like to see happen in the next films. I posted this on the DOFP thread originally:

"Anyone else really want Dark Wolverine in X-Men Apocalypse? I think it would be amazing and would kind of make sense given the ending of DOFP.

SPOILERS!!!
    Right at the very end of the movie we see Wolverine being dragged up from the bottom of the river only to be rescued by Mystique disguised as Styker whilst a voice over of Professor X talks about how time can self-correct itself.

My theory is that Mystique is not “saved” as Prof X and Beast would like to believe. I think she is now working on a different agenda and has been approached by Apocalypse to help him assemble some of the most powerful mutants for his cause. .I belive she even aided Apocalypse in the 90's animate d series to save Rogue (maybe in the movie it will be to save Charles).

At this point Wolverine is going to be very confused and disorientated when he wakes up, like we saw in the scene where his past consciousness slipped between time when they stopped Trask’s assassination.

This could allow Apocalypse to break him and potentially recruit him to become one of his Four Horseman, “Death”. The fact that Apocalypse is very much about Darwinism and Survival of the Fittest, that Wolverine is a natural “survivor” as he has been referred as heavily in the franchise (not to mention it been prominently mentioned twice in DOFP) as well as him pretty much being a herbinger of death in the movie would greatly appeal to Apocalypse.
    This also happened in the comic books and what makes it seem even likelier is the fact that just as in the comics Wolverine was restricted to his less durable bone claws at the time. Apocalypse then restored them to their Adamantium glory when brainwashing him to his cause. This would be far more interesting way of restoring Logan’s metal skeleton (which FOX will definitely want to happen) in the movie franchise narratively than just Logan getting caught up in Weapon X again. This ground has been well and truly covered in pretty much all the movies and there is no need to go down this road again.

More importantly this would be very different and exciting for the character and the franchise as a whole. With the exception of First Class, Wolverine’s character arc has been heavily explored and with him being featured as a mentor and person of hope in DOFP there is very little left to explore with the character. However him being an antagonist would be an amazing thing to see as he will be completely unrestrained and give in to the animal that is within him…we have not seen this in the X-Films.

It would also be a great challenge to the X-Men. More often than not Wolverine has been depicted as their Ace in the Hole. When all else is lost send Wolverine in on the front line to achieve their goal through sheer resilience and force. Facing off against their former team mate would force the X-Men to truly work together and would be their toughest test to take on Apocalypse with Wolverine as an obstacle and not an ally.

Finally this would help balance the cast as currently the cast is rumoured to contain; Prof X, Beast, Young Cyclops, Young Jean, Young Storm, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver, Bishop, Magneto, Mystique and Apocalypse. That’s a pretty big cast splitting Magneto, Mystique and Wolverine on the side of evil wold help balance it out and give the other X-men their time to shine. Additionally this scenario would let FOX have their cake and eat it too as Wolverine would still be able to break Apocalypses hold and have a glorious redemption come the final reel maintaining his status as the franchise poster boy.

Sorry for the large post but wondered what everyone would make of this if it came to pass."

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Gambit is pretty much all but costume fitted and filmed, so we know he will show up.
    I have been waiting 7 movies so they better do it right this time...no 5min cameo like in Wolverine Origins!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    I have been waiting 7 movies so they better do it right this time...no 5min cameo like in Wolverine Origins!
    Me too. I need awesome Gambit in Apocalypse.

Days of Future Past restored my faith in the franchise. Now here's all I want out of Apocalypse:

more Magneto! Ian McKellen will always be my Magneto, and while he was badass, he never really got to give any big rallying speeches like Fassbender's version has. Seriously, there were moments in DoFP where I almost jumped out of my seat and saluted the dude. I want plenty more Magneto badassery in the next film.

Wolverine gets back-benched DoFP was the first and only Wolverine and Friends film that I liked. He does not need to be the star of this next film. I would like to see him recruited as one of Apocalypse's Four Horsemen, perhaps lured in by Mystique. Then, we wouldn't really focus on him at all really until maybe the 3rd act of the film. Perhaps in this new timeline Wolverine gets his adamantium makeover from Apocalypse rather than Stryker if Mystique has killed Stryker (I think she might have; either way, if William Stryker appears in this film, my eyes may just roll themselves right out of my head).

Havok! I am desperate for more Havok, because he and Banshee were my favorite youngsters of the First Class cast and apparently Banshee is dead. So I hope Havok gets to take center stage and perhaps this new film will clarify his relationship with Cyclops. Is he Scott's father? Uncle? Really older brother? Personally, I hope he is Scott's father, having knocked a girl up prior to fighting in 'Nam.

Dazzler! the '80s setting would not be complete without the awesomely good (or bad, depending on how you feel about it) music scene at the time. Who better to represent this than Dazzler? Also, her powers would be amazing to see on the big screen.

A concession to Stryker if FOX insists on including William Stryker for another unnecessary round of "you will go on to be the chief villain in X2! Wink wink!" then this film should introduce us to young Jason *cough Wyngarde cough* Stryker and give us his rise and fall. Perhaps Apocalypse fucks with the kid and thus Xavier is unable to "help" him, leading him to set Stryker on his path to infamy.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Ultimate Member

Here's what's been confirmed or all-but confirmed:

-Young versions of Cyclops, Storm, and Jean will appear.
    -Channing Tatum will pay Gambit.
    -Young Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, and Beast will all return.
    -Apocalypse and his Horsemen will be the villains.
    -Hugh Jackman will return as Wolverine.
    -The movie will be an "extinction-level event" and feature "disaster movie" type of destruction/devastation.

What I'd like to see.

-Some of the established characters being turned into Horsemen. Wolverine and Magneto make the most sense, but I can also see Mystique or Gambit being ones as well.
    -Bring back Havok in a more substantial role and clarify exactly what his relationship with Cyclops is.
    -Explain WHY Mystique rescued Wolverine at the end of DOFP.
    -Introduce Mr. Sinister and then make him the main villain of a future film.
    -Dazzler!! Come on, it's the 80's for goodness sake.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Days of Future Past restored my faith in the franchise. Now here's all I want out of Apocalypse:

more Magneto! Ian McKellen will always be my Magneto, and while he was badass, he never really got to give any big rallying speeches like Fassbender's version has. Seriously, there were moments in DoFP where I almost jumped out of my seat and saluted the dude. I want plenty more Magneto badassery in the next film.

Wolverine gets back-benched DoFP was the first and only Wolverine and Friends film that I liked. He does not need to be the star of this next film. I would like to see him recruited as one of Apocalypse's Four Horsemen, perhaps lured in by Mystique. Then, we wouldn't really focus on him at all really until maybe the 3rd act of the film. Perhaps in this new timeline Wolverine gets his adamantium makeover from Apocalypse rather than Stryker if Mystique has killed Stryker (I think she might have; either way, if William Stryker appears in this film, my eyes may just roll themselves right out of my head).

Havok! I am desperate for more Havok, because he and Banshee were my favorite youngsters of the First Class cast and apparently Banshee is dead. So I hope Havok gets to take center stage and perhaps this new film will clarify his relationship with Cyclops. Is he Scott's father? Uncle? Really older brother? Personally, I hope he is Scott's father, having knocked a girl up prior to fighting in 'Nam.

Dazzler! the '80s setting would not be complete without the awesomely good (or bad, depending on how you feel about it) music scene at the time. Who better to represent this than Dazzler? Also, her powers would be amazing to see on the big screen.

A concession to Stryker if FOX insists on including William Stryker for another unnecessary round of "you will go on to be the chief villain in X2! Wink wink!" then this film should introduce us to young Jason *cough Wyngarde cough* Stryker and give us his rise and fall. Perhaps Apocalypse fucks with the kid and thus Xavier is unable to "help" him, leading him to set Stryker on his path to infamy.
    Wolverine's not even the star of DOFP. Young Xavier and Mystique are (and to a lesser degree young Magneto).

All-New Member

You are right Jiminy, Wolverine Horseman could work, although I am just too eager to see new faces, especially Legion, who opens up a lot of possibilities.
    Quicksilver will definitely have a bigger role, after his success.
    How would Bishop be a part of it, younger or the same actor?

Unglaublich!

Cable versus Death-Wolverine. Make it happen, FOX!

Mass speculation, wheeeee! I've been thinking about this quite a bit though, so here's my thoughts.

Wolverine and Gambit become two of Apocalypse's Horsemen. They both have ties to that in the comics already, so it wouldn't be too far of a stretch. If they do, I don't expect Magneto and/or Mystique to be Horsemen as well, though it could be fun.

On the other side, the (recast) younger Jean, Scott, Ororo form the core of the X-Men that Xavier pulls together, following Wolverine's request in DOFP. I expect Hank will be included as well (he's already with Xavier). Not sure if they'll bolster the team's ranks too much this early, and I think it'd be best if it stayed relatively small. Give the audience a core that they can get behind and care about, and build on that.

I think the movie will be very focused on the new team overall, though I think Mystique abducting Wolverine will have something to do with something here. I could see Mags either being upset about Apocalypse stealing his thunder or being impressed and joining him (probably attempting to recruit him first, but that's doomed to failure).

Really interested in seeing how it turns out, honestly. DOFP did a fantastic job of rebooting the franchise, now they just need to not make a mess of the second chance.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I want to see Polaris in the next film. They can always make her a Horseman if they want to give Magneto someone powerful to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriena View Post
    Mass speculation, wheeeee! I've been thinking about this quite a bit though, so here's my thoughts.

Wolverine and Gambit become two of Apocalypse's Horsemen. They both have ties to that in the comics already, so it wouldn't be too far of a stretch. If they do, I don't expect Magneto and/or Mystique to be Horsemen as well, though it could be fun.

On the other side, the (recast) younger Jean, Scott, Ororo form the core of the X-Men that Xavier pulls together, following Wolverine's request in DOFP. I expect Hank will be included as well (he's already with Xavier). Not sure if they'll bolster the team's ranks too much this early, and I think it'd be best if it stayed relatively small. Give the audience a core that they can get behind and care about, and build on that.

I think the movie will be very focused on the new team overall, though I think Mystique abducting Wolverine will have something to do with something here. I could see Mags either being upset about Apocalypse stealing his thunder or being impressed and joining him (probably attempting to recruit him first, but that's doomed to failure).

Really interested in seeing how it turns out, honestly. DOFP did a fantastic job of rebooting the franchise, now they just need to not make a mess of the second chance.
    Throw in Cable to train the new kids and give them a fighting chance and I like it. Or I suppose have Gambit on the side of the angels to be the team "badass." But if you have both he and Logan on Apocalypse's side, along with Mystique, I'm gonna be rooting for the villians.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    I want to see Polaris in the next film. They can always make her a Horseman if they want to give Magneto someone powerful to fight.
    Magneto might become on of the Horsemen himself. I can see Apocalypse observing Magneto's previous actions and thinking "That guy's pretty strong, he could be useful to me."