Page 15 of 735 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115515 ... LastLast

I'm hoping it includes Polaris. It would be the first time I go to see an X-Men film since X-Men II, and there's a lot of potential to utilizing Lorna as part of the Magnus family, especially where her relationship with Wanda is concerned if they include her.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    This movie could be Apocalypse rise to power with him calling in for back up as Cable shows up in the following movie. Fox has to keep this cash cow going full steam since the Fantastic 4 is getting such mixed fan boy intrest.
    True. And they need a new "Wolverine" to build up into a major character with Jackman wanting to focus on other things and getting older. Cable is perfect for that. Focus on he and Cyclops, Jean and Storm. He'd kind of have that complicated relationshp with Scott that Wolverine had, but without the whole "rival for Jean's affection" part obviously. Could be a solid dynamic.

Newsarama made a strong case for this awhile back: http://www.newsarama.com/20874-10-wa...-avengers.html (Point #7)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    True. And they need a new "Wolverine" to build up into a major character with Jackman wanting to focus on other things and getting older. Cable is perfect for that. Focus on he and Cyclops, Jean and Storm. He'd kind of have that complicated relationshp with Scott that Wolverine had, but without the whole "rival for Jean's affection" part obviously. Could be a solid dynamic.

Newsarama made a strong case for this awhile back: http://www.newsarama.com/20874-10-wa...-avengers.html (Point #7)
    Cable is not so popular as Logan. Your idea may not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Cable is not so popular as Logan. Your idea may not work.
    Iron Man wasn't THAT popular when Iron Man 1 came out.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Which means with the right casting and direction any character can knock it out of the park. I think they might choose X-Man over Cable because Nate is younger, more powerful, and is the son of Jean Grey and not Madelyne Pryor. Then again they may just combine the two into one with elements of both. Though I think they are trying to address the Jackman leaving problem by introducing Channing Tatum as Gambit and (keeping my fingers crossed for this one) Lupita Nyongo as Storm.

Tatum as Gambit, with no word on a Cable introduction or casting, seems like the obvious answer for Jackman leaving. We'll see. Hope he works out. One thing about Gambit though that's different from Wolverine and Cable is he's not really a "leader" and more of an outsider... something Wolverine used to be. I can't see Tatum's Gambit playing the same role as Jackman's Wolverine.

BANNED

Really? I knew about Iron Man when I was 5-6 years. And about Cable much later.

Since Marvel's direction with Cyclops as a militant mutant they might make him more militant in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Really? I knew about Iron Man when I was 5-6 years. And about Cable much later.
    He's been around longer. But my point remains the same.

Quote Originally Posted by KonFan78 View Post
    Which means with the right casting and direction any character can knock it out of the park. I think they might choose X-Man over Cable because Nate is younger, more powerful, and is the son of Jean Grey and not Madelyne Pryor. Then again they may just combine the two into one with elements of both. Though I think they are trying to address the Jackman leaving problem by introducing Channing Tatum as Gambit and (keeping my fingers crossed for this one) Lupita Nyongo as Storm.
    I doubt they'd go the X-man route simply because he'd just be another psychic. Cable has other aspects which make him unique and interesting like his cybernetics / techno-organics and advanced weaponry, in addition to his fighting and soldier skills. Like I said, Newsarama makes a solid case for why he'd be a good replacement for Logan as the latter's presence is diminished in the X-men team films going forward and they focus more on him in the solo flicks.

Cable won't be the Wolverine replacement. It's been clear for years that they see Gambit in that role.

Spectacular Member Holland Oates's Avatar

It has been confirmed. Bryan Singer will direct X-Men: Apocalypse

http://deadline.com/2014/09/bryan-si...sequel-838588/

EXCLUSIVE: Fox has just closed a deal with Bryan Singer to direct X-Men: Apocalypse, the next installment of its billion-dollar Marvel mutants franchise. This will be Singer’s fourth installment as director; he hatched the franchise with the first two films for Fox, and came back to direct this year’s X-Men: Days Of Future Past. That latter film, which meshed the original trilogy cast with the one from X-Men: First Class, grossed $746 million worldwide, the most of any of the films. Singer’s participation in the new film had been rumored, but his deal is now done.

The new film is being scripted by Simon Kinberg from a story written by Singer, Kinberg, Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris. Singer and Lauren Shuler Donner are producing with Kinberg and Hutch Parker. Production begins early next year, and the film will be released May 27, 2016.

Apocalypse takes place a decade after Days of Future Past and is a seamless next step in the story. The altering of time has unleashed a new and uniquely powerful enemy. Charles (James McAvoy), Erik/Magneto (Michael Fassbender), Raven/Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) and Hank/Beast (Nicholas Hoult) are joined by young Cyclops, Storm, Jean and others as the X-Men must fight their most formidable foe yet: an ancient unrelenting force determined to cause an apocalypse unlike any in human history. The universe continues to expand with characters, and maybe this is the one where Channing Tatum comes aboard as Remy LeBeau, better known as Gambit, which has been widely rumored even by the Foxcatcher star himself. This is Fox production chief Emma Watts’ baby, but Daria Cercek is overseeing for the studio, and Jason Taylor will oversee for Singer’s Bad Hat Harry. Singer is repped by WME.
    Cyclops (check), Jean (check), Storm (check), Beast (check). All I need now is Nightcrawler.

Extraordinary Member

If I remember it right, they only got Robert Downey Jr. so cheap because he was so down on his luck that he needed the role. He had to jump through a lot of hoops and couldn't afford to pay his own insurance. At the time, he was considered black-listed from Hollywood due to his how-is-he-alive drug abuse.

Pretty much, his career was so messed up that one flop wouldn't have done much to him. It was a risky movie, but the producers used a relatively unknown character and a down-on-his-luck actor who had already hit rock bottom.

But Iron Man and this X-Men movie are in two completely different situations.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holland Oates View Post
    It has been confirmed. Bryan Singer will direct X-Men: Apocalypse

http://deadline.com/2014/09/bryan-si...sequel-838588/

Cyclops (check), Jean (check), Storm (check), Beast (check). All I need now is Nightcrawler.
    "And others?" Let's see here:

-Quicksilver (he's already confirmed to be returning).
    -Havok (to explore his connection to Cyclops).
    -Gambit (depends on the Tatum situation).
    -Dazzler (it's the 80's).

Spectacular Member Holland Oates's Avatar

Scarlet Witch is another possible addition.