Page 193 of 735 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293693 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 11023

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Color theory y'all.

All that yellow is molding your eyes.
    I mean, just look at Miss Shipp. She's totally drowned out. Her skin is much darker but here she's on par with Miss Munn. And we've very clearly seen from other images that both Apocalypse's and Betsy's attire are NOT purple.
    The background is making it look that way.

E'rybody just loooooooooooooves to hate.

And Poccy was always going to be one of the toughest villains, aesthetically speaking, to translate to live action.
    Last edited by Fokken; 07-17-2015 at 05:04 AM.

Astonishing Member

Why are people saying Apocalypse looks like a Power Rangers villain like it's a bad thing? Power Rangers, and its parent production Super Sentai are great because they have no shame over their more fantastical elements.

This looks like an over-the-top superhero action film, which is a good thing in my book.

Fantastic Member

Movies should really stop releasing production stills. They always look terrible and people always hate them. Remember the reaction to Crossbone when his armor look came out of the Civil War production stills? Or half the DoFP stuff? You wanna release glamor shots, fine, most of those look pretty good, with the cover being an obviously better pic here than the other stills. But really just don't waste our time on these weird shots, and if you do, be very careful which ones. That yellow lighting is hideous. We'll have to see what it's for in the movie and whether it will look even remotely that color after post has been done, but it's a terrible color that makes everything look more drab and even diseased.

That said as to the specific costumes:

Magneto's is pretty cool though I wish Singer hadn't fallen quite so in love with the layered future armor after DoFP

Psylocke's is a fairly amazing live action rendition of her classic costume with the main problem being that costume looks ridiculous on a real live person. No costume that relies on looking painted on in art looks good in life because real fabric simply doesn't work that way. But this is a very good attempt.

Storm's is generic, but I like the mohawk. It's unusualness somehow makes the white haircolor itself less unnatural looking than it has before.

Apocalypse is within my wiggle room. I don't get why he's blue instead of grey like in the credits teaser (I have a horrifying suspicion they're going to try and justify a mystique connection to elevate her importance) and I'm not sold on his headdress. I assume they took his cords, combined it with the idea of an egyptian headdress and ended up with this, but I think the costume would be better without it. Other than that it's... fine. The thing with Apocalypse is the effects are what will sell him. And I'm not necessarily talking about any visual touch-ups they do in post, (which they will, they do it with normal humans) but rather on the sounds, the voice, the powers.

What people often like to forget whenever a new set of these comes out is that the vast majority of movie superhero costumes look weird in isolation. There's a couple of exceptions like the first couple of Iron Man armors and maybe cap's AoU suit that just look amazing, but generally they look wonky out of context. The first avenger suit, every thor suit, a fair number of batman and superman suits, etc, etc. They look weird. Generally in film with motion, sounds, and effects they all look better. Not ALWAYS, but a good chunk of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Color theory y'all.
    The colors on those pictures are obviously way too much saturated and with too much vibrance. Just look at the blue/purple of their costumes. The final result won't look like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Color theory y'all.
    Shush, Fokken, let me continue to believe in The Artist Formerly Known As The Aprincealypse.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Can't get over how great Psylocke looks.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Shush, Fokken, let me continue to believe in The Artist Formerly Known As The Aprincealypse.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    I think he will increase his size in the movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    I think he will increase his size in the movie.
    My theory is that when Apocalypse first awakens after his thousands-of-years nap he's in a weakened state. As he regains his strength and his full power returns he'll become bigger and more intimidating. This particular screen is from relatively early as he begins gathering his Horsemen, so he's not fully recovered yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Is there an actual article that goes along with this cover and image?
    Article(s) from EW posted after initial image tease
    http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/15...-generation-ew

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Why are people saying Apocalypse looks like a Power Rangers villain like it's a bad thing? Power Rangers, and its parent production Super Sentai are great because they have no shame over their more fantastical elements.

This looks like an over-the-top superhero action film, which is a good thing in my book.
    Not in mine.

I like that X-Men has actually been taken seriously up to this point. Last thing I want is for it to turn into a joke.

Fantastic Member

x-men-dofp-empire-cover-quicksilver.jpg

Anyone else remember this and the reaction it inspired when it was first shown? Maybe give them a LITTLE benefit of the doubt. I'm not saying to never judge anything because I've always thought that was ridiculous, but declaring this all dead on arrival seems a bit much given previous experiences with this very franchise and creative team.

Olivia Mmmm

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post

agreed.

He looks fine IMO.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.