Page 4 of 735 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    I really hope Fox and Singer deliver on Apocalypse's vast power set. I kinda wanna see the 90s animated version of Apocalypse as the basis for the big Screen version.

Also I hope they give Cyclops more than one line in this movie.
    Well, he was apparently building the freaking Pyramids when he was a kid, so there's that. And given how Singer and Kinberg have talked about this movie, I'd say that Apocalypse will be sufficiently epically powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Well, he was apparently building the freaking Pyramids when he was a kid, so there's that. And given how Singer and Kinberg have talked about this movie, I'd say that Apocalypse will be sufficiently epically powerful.
    Yes, apparently far more powerful than he is in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Days of Future Past restored my faith in the franchise. Now here's all I want out of Apocalypse:

more Magneto! Ian McKellen will always be my Magneto, and while he was badass, he never really got to give any big rallying speeches like Fassbender's version has. Seriously, there were moments in DoFP where I almost jumped out of my seat and saluted the dude. I want plenty more Magneto badassery in the next film.

Wolverine gets back-benched DoFP was the first and only Wolverine and Friends film that I liked. He does not need to be the star of this next film. I would like to see him recruited as one of Apocalypse's Four Horsemen, perhaps lured in by Mystique. Then, we wouldn't really focus on him at all really until maybe the 3rd act of the film. Perhaps in this new timeline Wolverine gets his adamantium makeover from Apocalypse rather than Stryker if Mystique has killed Stryker (I think she might have; either way, if William Stryker appears in this film, my eyes may just roll themselves right out of my head).

Havok! I am desperate for more Havok, because he and Banshee were my favorite youngsters of the First Class cast and apparently Banshee is dead. So I hope Havok gets to take center stage and perhaps this new film will clarify his relationship with Cyclops. Is he Scott's father? Uncle? Really older brother? Personally, I hope he is Scott's father, having knocked a girl up prior to fighting in 'Nam.

Dazzler! the '80s setting would not be complete without the awesomely good (or bad, depending on how you feel about it) music scene at the time. Who better to represent this than Dazzler? Also, her powers would be amazing to see on the big screen.

A concession to Stryker if FOX insists on including William Stryker for another unnecessary round of "you will go on to be the chief villain in X2! Wink wink!" then this film should introduce us to young Jason *cough Wyngarde cough* Stryker and give us his rise and fall. Perhaps Apocalypse fucks with the kid and thus Xavier is unable to "help" him, leading him to set Stryker on his path to infamy.
    I agree with your other choices (Dazzler especially), but haven't we had enough of Magneto? Seriously people like to say Wolverine is overexposed, but fail to acknowledge that Magneto has been front and center in every single X-Film. His character doesn't seem contribute much to the films besides starting unnecessary problems. I would prefer they benched him and not give him a starring role, and give other unfleshed characters a spotlight.

Fassbender Magneto is too good not to use. Plus, I assume this is a trilogy based on Xavier/Magneto if we go back to FC.

Is there any real danger?

What I mean is, at the end of DOFP the 80's that Apoc will be set in has already happened and you still see everyone back at the mansion and everything is just dandy. So, given if they need to link the events of AoA to the ending of DOFP, then Apoc will be defeated and happy days all around. So there is no real tension at all knowing that this is a prequel, unless ofcourse they once again emphisis that the future is in danger, in this case the happy ending future that DOFP left us with.

Quote Originally Posted by The RealWashout
    Yes, apparently far more powerful than he is in the comics.
    Apocalypse has telekinetic powers in the comics so I wouldn't say he is far more powerful. If anything, the issue in the comics is not his power but the constant Plot Induced Stupidity required in order for him to be defeated. They basically over-powered him and then have to ignore or misuse his powers to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I agree with your other choices (Dazzler especially), but haven't we had enough of Magneto? Seriously people like to say Wolverine is overexposed, but fail to acknowledge that Magneto has been front and center in every single X-Film. His character doesn't seem contribute much to the films besides starting unnecessary problems. I would prefer they benched him and not give him a starring role, and give other unfleshed characters a spotlight.
    I think having Magneto deal with the presence of a far more powerful and ruthless version of him might add to his character journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhatch View Post

What I mean is, at the end of DOFP the 80's that Apoc will be set in has already happened and you still see everyone back at the mansion and everything is just dandy. So, given if they need to link the events of AoA to the ending of DOFP, then Apoc will be defeated and happy days all around. So there is no real tension at all knowing that this is a prequel, unless ofcourse they once again emphisis that the future is in danger, in this case the happy ending future that DOFP left us with.
    For all we know the ending of DOFP was just Wolverine dreaming about what the future would be like if he succeeded as he was dying and not the real future. So I wouldn't take that scene too seriously. The main reason it was added was probably just to create a happy ending for DOFP rather than be a firm future that is unchangeable.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cadaverine View Post
    "Psylocke" is in Last Stand. It was awful, and she (thankfully) died. Google it. Quentin is in a couple movies too. He's the porcupine guy. I wish I was joking.
    I know Psylocke was already in the movies, but I ignore those incarnations as she was just wallpaper. Not to mention the Last Stand has been retconned so it is easy to recast her.

Amazing Member

I can't see the cast getting too large. This one is going to follow with the quad-lead of Xavier/Magneto/Mystique/Wolverine but now they have to work in Jean/Cyclops/Stom/Gambit/Apocalypse without it devolving into an X3 cluster. Seems like more than enough. If they do introduce someone unexpected I wonder if it won't be Wanda, since she was almost included in DoFP.

I do hope we finally get that Dazzler cameo, though. It's the perfect time period for it.

Unglaublich!

Consider this: as of DOFP, the world saw Mystique "save" Nixon and a load of other dignitaries from certain death at the hands of Magneto and the newspaper headline later confirmed this to be the case... with that in mind, and with Raven being potentially hailed as some sort of mutant heroine post 1973 (somewhat ironically, of course!), would anyone else like to see Freedom Force make an appearance in X-Men: Apocalypse....?

Incredible Member

Did you feel this way about First Class (considering we know that Xavier and Magneto survive)?

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    While I like Magneto's portrayal (both young and old) I have to agree. He just messed things up in DoFP, feels like old Magneto said that they'll need him just to get out of jail earlier and maybe repair his relationship with Xavier.

Mighty Member

I am so very tired of Mystique.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post
    Did you feel this way about First Class (considering we know that Xavier and Magneto survive)?
    Well yes and no. When you do these prequels for any movies, your audiance already know the destination, you are pretty much just telling them the story of How they got to that destination. What's new about that type of story telling is you get a new story & some new characters who may actually be in danger given they don't appear or get mentioned in the "present/sequel(s)" which is a strong point. But yeah, if you think too much about film/tv/comic plots (with the exception of maybe this new style of writing Game of Thrones has become popular for, since no character is safe) then you pretty much always know the Heroes (and some times re-accuring villians like Magneto) will always survive.

I think comics/tv/film should adopt the Game of Thrones style of story telling a little more. I mean, lets say Marvel launched a brand new Universe, all the characters at their most Iconic versions. Now lets say they they have some clear rules for this universe, like it's Stand alone, so no multiverse cross-overs & when people die in it, they stay dead. Now, when you're reading your favorite characters comic in this universe, and that character is in a dangerous situation, you know that if they die, that is it for them in this universe. No come backs. For me this adds an element of danger to the story that current comics or whatever don't have because everyone is taking for granted that in these universes they can simply be brought back to life in some way down the line.

Is Wolverines upcoming death going to be permanent? No. We all know this. Heck, even my favorite Marvel Hero, Captain America, has died and come back afew times in his history to the point that I read his current series and in the current issue "Oh gasp, he might be in danger of dying...again! - Will he stay dead if that happens? No! Why? Too popular to keep dead forever! Need to make $$$ off these characters!" But, give me one universe, just ONE where the rules of death are a very real thing, and you can bet your ass that this will be one hell of a popular series! No need for the writers to kill heroes for killing sake, but if the story really demanded it, then yes!

BANNED

But, give me one universe, just ONE where the rules of death are a very real thing, and you can bet your ass that this will be one hell of a popular series! No need for the writers to kill heroes for killing sake, but if the story really demanded it, then yes!
    Isn't that Ultimate?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Isn't that Ultimate?
    Well for one, they don't give the definitive characters in the Ultimate universe. Also, that seems to be used to try out different takes on established characters, so essentially you're not getting the same character that you might have been interested in beforehand. And finally, they do indeed seem to kill heroes in that universe just for shock value or for killing sake, so no I think a better attempt on a Universe like i described should be done.