Page 405 of 735 FirstFirst ... 305355395401402403404405406407408409415455505 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,075 of 11023
    Spectacular Member CaptainCanada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    I'm also guess Psylocke dies and switches bodies in this film.
    Why? She's already in the most popular look for the character.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
    Why? She's already in the most popular look for the character.
    She's not in that photo with the X-men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    She's not in that photo with the X-men.
    Neither was Magneto. Your point?

Quote Originally Posted by olivree View Post
    Bryan Singer talked about Jean and Scott in EW interview.
    Looks like this new trilogy is building up to a retelling of Phoenix Saga.

I have both positive and negative feelings about this.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post

What are your opinions about the X-related TV series "Legion" or "Hellfire"?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    What are your opinions about the X-related TV series "Legion" or "Hellfire"?
    Honestly can't comment on it, I don't really know anything about it.

It depends on how they do it. If it's about Jean, with Scott as her primary supporting character, then they are starting to do it right. If it becomes about Logan, then they are doing it wrong.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    a. lol at using agents of **** and beautiful in the same sentence

b. marvel has to sign off on the fox shows and may not want too many x-men connections
    Not to mention the MCU movies act like the MCU shows are their bumpkin cousins and never acknowledge them even if a plot point makes it incredibly convenient to do so. Heck, they even have Alfre Woodard, who's playing Black Mariah in the Luke Cage series, play a totally different character in Civil War. So much for same continuity.

Netflix has become nothing but a dumping ground for the Marvel characters Disney considers as "too dark". And the less said about AoS the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It depends on how they do it. If it's about Jean, with Scott as her primary supporting character, then they are starting to do it right. If it becomes about Logan, then they are doing it wrong.
    I think it could be really good. Singer's original plans for what ultimately became The Last Stand involved a heavier focus on the Scott and Jean relationship and a Phoenix Saga with the same themes and story arcs for the two as in the comics, albeit without all the Shi'ar and alien/White Hot Room angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Me neither, but Winter Soldier makes up for it. I also don't think First Class was that great
    I consider Winter Soldier to be overrated, frankly speaking. EmoBucky ruins it for me. Same reason I'm wary of Civil War making him such a big part of its focus.

My only real disagreement here is with the character development in Avengers. Yes, there is more of a balance in that universe, mostly because all the heroes (except for Hulk, Black Widow, and Hawkeye) all have their own solo movies. A direction that wouldn't work for the X-Men, because the X-Men aren't a bunch of individual super heroes that come together for a bigger threat. They ARE a team. That's what those characters are built as. Avengers is built as an All-Star team. X-Men isn't.
    It's not so much that the other X-Men got reduced screentime and prominence compared to Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto and now Mystique. It's just that I feel more could have been done with the characters with the screen time they had been given. Like, Rogue could have exhibited her sassy spitfire nature once she had settled in her home at X2 and the prankster angle could have been played up for Bobby.

The Cyclops thing I can forgive because from the way X2 ends and what Singer had spoken about his ideas for his take on the Phoenix Saga, it did seem like he planned to beef up the character's role and prominence in that film (but on the flip side, Ratner and co. couldn't follow up on Singer's plans for Cyclops in The Last Stand because Singer "borrowed" James Marsden for Superman Returns, forcing them to reduce his role greatly).

Storm OTOH was doomed the moment they cast Berry. Still one of the worst casting decisions in superhero movies. Yes, much worse than JLaw as Mystique.

I also stand by what I had said earlier that Whedon had a much better idea of how to use battle sequence to showcase the individual quirks of characters on a team and also display the camaraderie of the team on a whole. The X-Movies have been struggling in this aspect regarding the battle scenes. Hopefully Apocalypse changes things.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 04-08-2016 at 10:56 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I consider Winter Soldier to be overrated, frankly speaking. EmoBucky ruins it for me. Same reason I'm wary of Civil War making him such a big part of its focus.
    Bucky is an Emo character though. And he was still terrifying in the Winter Soldier.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    I genuinely can't understand why Fox seem determined not to have their upcoming TV series' based in the same continuity as the X-films!

Marvel have pulled it off beautifully with Agents Of SHIELD and all the Netflix shows; whilst the major movie characters aren't directly featured, they're referenced. As are the pivotal events in the movies. Everything ties together to form one big, all-encompassing universe.

Fox, meanwhile, seem to just want to use the names of things X-related (Legion, Hellfire Club) without bringing in any lower-tier characters that connect those properties to the X-Men! Yes, Legion has David Haller, but it seems that he won't be related to Xavier in any way and all the castings announced thus far are newly created characters for the show.

Why not bring Gabrielle Haller into it, and introduce a part of Xavier's life that hasn't been shown on screen yet? Or Blindfold? She could still easily be a student at the school (or become one at the end of the first season) and could be a nice segue into characters like Surge, Hellion, etc. If the New Mutants movie is likely going to focus on the original team of that title, and X-Force will cover that team's "classic" incarnation, then this is a golden opportunity for Fox to utilise some of the New X-Men cast.

The only viable reason that I can think of is that they've kind of shot themselves in the foot by setting the current X-films in the past. Legion is presumably a present-day series, so how would they tie that into the latest trilogy and beyond...?

It's such a missed opportunity in my eyes. Fox could have a sprawling, multi-platform universe the equal of (or better than) Marvel's but they're just fumbling the ball!
    I agree - I think they shouldn't have made Apocalypse in the past, just DoFP.

They could have come up with some way of making Mags and the Prof 'young' again; let's face it, they've put Jubilee in 'Apocalypse', despite her not being born in the timeline, or at least a toddler. They argue that they 'have' to do things 'such and such' a way in order to keep in continuity, but continuity went out the window with 'First Class'; they are doing things different now because they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I think it could be really good. Singer's original plans for what ultimately became The Last Stand involved a heavier focus on the Scott and Jean relationship and a Phoenix Saga with the same themes and story arcs for the two as in the comics, albeit without all the Shi'ar and alien/White Hot Room angles.
    I might be alone, and I probably am, but I wasn't really a fan of Singer's ideas for his X-Men 3. I wasn't a fan of the whole cosmic goddess and flying off into the cosmos at the end bit. Despite some less than perfect execution, I actually much prefer how X-Men: The Last Stand dealt with the Phoenix, rather than all the convoluted cosmic possession, space faring, cloning non sense from the comics.

So I'm kind of nervous of them exploring that angle in a possible Phoenix retelling. And given my vocal distaste of reboots and retcons as it is, I'm also nervous about them redoing a story arc that was already done in this series.

On the other hand, even tho I much prefer the creative direction of X-Men: The Last Stand, the execution didn't live up to its potential (even though I do highly love the movie). So I can see the appeal in taking another stab at it, as a climax to a new trilogy (would it be a trilogy? I kinda feel like they can get 2 movies post Apocalypse, with the 2nd being the new Phoenix Saga. I don't think they need to drag out the buildup over another 2 films past Apocalypse before getting into it)

It would also follow along the plot thread from Days Of Future Past that sometimes the course of time corrects itself, and that some things are fated to be - like Jean becoming Phoenix.

Not only that, but there are multiple Phoenix stories in the comics, and I think a new telling of the story can be different enough from X-Men: The Last Stand as to not be seen as a rehash within the same series.

Although it still very well could be if we see another arc in these movies where Jean dies, then returns more powerful than ever.

I don't know. Like I said, there are things about the idea I do like, and things about it I don't like. Part of me says "YEA LET'S DO IT AGAIN!" and another part of me says "Well already had our Phoenix Saga, and even if it wasn't the best, that is the film version of Phoenix, don't rehash the same ideas again"

To me it would be a good idea to redo the Phoenix Saga because I don't feel we got the Phoenix Saga. And this isn't me saying OHNOES the source material and I am not interested in seeing the Shi'Ar on screen with the X-folks (Save the bird people for an X-Jammers movie). But I just don't feel they did a proper Phoenix Story. I don't hate Last Stand, I think it's a bad movie, but it's pretty watchable and serviceable for what it is. Its main problem, is its lack of focus that makes it seem like there were some rewrites going on during production, after all the initial pitch was all but scrapped completely.

Yes, Jean went Phoenix, but that's it. I can't say I actually saw her story. We never got insight into what she was going through or why she was so quick to give into the power. She just turned Phoenix mostly off screen and when we returned to her, it was mostly other people reacting to all the crazy stuff she was doing. I think the cure plot was a mistake to put in here (Specially once the focus on the "ugly" mutants that were rumored to happen in this movie was also apparently scrapped). It took much time away to flesh out Jean's arc, so she became mostly a plot device waiting for the last act to wrap up the battle. And what's bothersome is what little they did show was more interesting than the whole cure thing. If you're going to do the Phoenix Saga, Jean and whoever you choose to be close to her in terms of what's happening need to be the focus point. And the film kills Scott and Xavier way early and they should've been the emotional anchors of the story and then they poorly tried to fit Logan in the role. At that point in the Franchise they didn't do much but flirt, so their scenes didn't have the same weigh as her fiancee and father figure would've had.