Page 46 of 735 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146546 ... LastLast

With Jubilee in the mix, this opens the door to a possible Generation X team making its film debut. Since Emma and Sean weren't confirmed to be dead in DoFP, they should bring back those characters and have them form their own squad with Jubilee!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    With Jubilee in the mix, this opens the door to a possible Generation X team making its film debut. Since Emma and Sean weren't confirmed to be dead in DoFP, they should bring back those characters and have them form their own squad with Jubilee!
    Yea they were. Magneto flat out says it.

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    Yea they were. Magneto flat out says it.
    Did he ever say Banshee? I can't quite recall. Well if they are both definitely dead, I hope they are possibly resurrected. You can't be killing off major league characters like them.

Not by enough, and a lot can be done with effects and makeup. Famke is a lot older than Marsden, but it wasn't noticeable in the trilogy. Tatum is still young, and he looks young, I think he could very well pass for being a part of this group.

Where I could agree that I see Gambit being pegged for something like X-Force is if part of these rumored cameos is some kind of flash forward to show that Apocalypse is a threat through all time, showing cameos of Wolverine, Gambit, and Storm in the "future" (or our present) to set up the X-Force spinoff.

But again, if that is the case, that just goes along the same route as Angel and Jubilee in terms of messing up the continuity.

I'd prefer Gambit in the past. It's in line with the established continuity, and I'd rather see Gambit in a full fledged X-Men movie rather than some X-Force spinoff.
    It's not about how old they are in real life. It's about what age group they fit in on film. You are right Famke is a lot older than Marsden but she just had a look where she and Marsden looked like peers. They fit into the same age bracket on film.

Young Cyke, Jean Grey, and Storm are all actors/actresses in the late to early 20s that in film tend to play teenagers. If you wanted Gambit to be on a team with them you would have cast an actor who could pull off playing a teenager. It's like Scott Wolf. The dude is 46 now but he made his living playing people much younger to the point that he was in his 30s and still playing teenage characters. Tatum really doesn't have that look anymore.

Personally, I would like to see two franchises branching off of Apocalypse. The X-men with the young characters above that exist in a reality where Apocalypse was defeated and X-force that exist in a reality where he was not. You could have the entire Apocalypse movie play-out without that being revealed and then when the X-force movie comes out in 2018, that's where the audience finds out that the cameo of Gambit they saw in the Apocalypse was him being sent to prevent Apocalypse taking over the reality that the young X-men live in. That way you avoid any time travel/alternate reality stuff fresh off of DOFP but then can have one franchise be the more upbeat classic 616 like reality while the other franchise is the dystopian reality where X-force is waging a war against Apocalypse.
    Last edited by remydat; 03-25-2015 at 09:31 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Did he ever say Banshee? I can't quite recall. Well if they are both definitely dead, I hope they are possibly resurrected. You can't be killing off major league characters like them.

Magneto only list them as people they lost(No one ever uses the word dead) to Xavier during their heated airplaine-near-crash argument. Their pictures were never shown during the autopsy report scene. If they wanted to use them again there's plenty of wiggle room to bring them back. Magneto could've just assumed they were dead or was told they were.

Considering they did bother to cofirmed both Azazel and Angel as dead but didn't with the other two (Three if we count Riptide) it seems they wanted to keep the option open to them.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Magneto only list them as people they lost(No one ever uses the word dead) to Xavier during their heated airplaine-near-crash argument. Their pictures were never shown during the autopsy report scene. If they wanted to use them again there's plenty of wiggle room to bring them back. Magneto could've just assumed they were dead or was told they were.

Considering they did bother to cofirmed both Azazel and Angel as dead but didn't with the other two (Three if we count Riptide) it seems they wanted to keep the option open to them.
    Yeah that's what I thought. I know Angel and Azazel were confirmed dead in those autopsy photos (Good riddance) but there were no signs of Emma and Sean. Maybe they could've been taken prisoners by the government or something? I do hope they come back sometime. They could pull a Colossus on Emma and recast her with a different actress (For the third time it would appear)

Yeah that's what I thought. I know Angel and Azazel were confirmed dead in those autopsy photos (Good riddance) but there were no signs of Emma and Sean. Maybe they could've been taken prisoners by the government or something? I do hope they come back sometime. They could pull a Colossus on Emma and recast her with a different actress (For the third time it would appear)
    Third time was the charm for Kitty. We got Ellen Page!

And yeah, they could've been captured. We know someone replicated Emma's diamond form for the Sentinels in the FUSHIA. And if we want to still count it, There's "Emma" Silverfox in Wolverine Origins who could totally be a clone, which would work with a recast. And Banshee's daughter was in the original timeline so there's still has to be time for him to concieve her.

This is a comic story, there's plenty of ways presumed characters can return. I also want Emma to interact with Young Jean.

No, he specifically says they are dead.

Obviously they don't care about continuity anyways, so if they want to bring them back they will bring them back, but they are established to be dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gP2tZN99fg
    Last edited by Franchise408; 03-25-2015 at 10:05 PM.

No, he specifically says they are dead.

There was no wiggle room. They were established as killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gP2tZN99fg
    yeah, I made a mistake. But there's still wiggle room. No bodies or dates or even cause of deaths were given and the person talking was in prison and isolated. If they wanted to they can change it.

yeah, I made a mistake. But there's still wiggle room. No bodies or dates or even cause of deaths were given and the person talking was in prison and isolated. If they wanted to they can change it.
    They will if they want to. I mean, look at what they are doing with things that they "can't" get out of. They're just YOLO'ing it as they go along right now.

I mean, for some reason, Magneto getting his powers back and Xavier coming back to life at the end of X-Men: The Last Stand weren't common knowledge so people were all like "wtf" when they came back at the end of The Wolverine. Wolverine lost his metal claws in The Wolverine but has them back in X-Men: Days Of Future Past. Jubilee was a teenager in X-Men, X2, and X-Men: The Last Stand, and is a... teenager in X-Men: Apocalypse which takes place probably 30 years earlier. Angel is in his 20's in X-Men: The Last Stand and will be in his 20's in X-Men: Apocalypse which takes place probably 30 years earlier. Gambit was in his 20's in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and will probably be depicted in his 20's again in Gambit, which very well may take place 30 years later.

What I'm saying is - I just find it funny that Singer and Kinberg both went on record saying they wanted to "clean up" and "fix" the "mess" of the continuity with X-Men: Days Of Future Past, but in reality, they are just going and carelessly making it worse.

It's Singer and Kinberg. They do wtf they want. No f's given. #YOLO

X-Men: Apocalypse will be amazeballs. But how it fits together as a piece of a larger narrative is going to be messy.

They will if they want to. I mean, look at what they are doing with things that they "can't" get out of. They're just YOLO'ing it as they go along right now.

I mean, for some reason, Magneto getting his powers back and Xavier coming back to life at the end of X-Men: The Last Stand weren't common knowledge so people were all like "wtf" when they came back at the end of The Wolverine. Wolverine lost his metal claws in The Wolverine but has them back in X-Men: Days Of Future Past. Jubilee was a teenager in X-Men, X2, and X-Men: The Last Stand, and is a... teenager in X-Men: Apocalypse which takes place probably 30 years earlier. Angel is in his 20's in X-Men: The Last Stand and will be in his 20's in X-Men: Apocalypse which takes place probably 30 years earlier. Gambit was in his 20's in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and will probably be depicted in his 20's again in Gambit, which very well may take place 30 years later.

What I'm saying is - I just find it funny that Singer and Kinberg both went on record saying they wanted to "clean up" and "fix" the "mess" of the continuity with X-Men: Days Of Future Past, but in reality, they are just going and carelessly making it worse.

It's Singer and Kinberg. They do wtf they want. No f's given. #YOLO

X-Men: Apocalypse will be amazeballs. But how it fits together as a piece of a larger narrative is going to be messy.
    Magneto looking like Fassbender in the 80s while being a Holocaust survivor is messy. Gambit, Angel and Jubilee previous parts are of very little substance and don't need addressing.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Magneto looking like Fassbender in the 80s while being a Holocaust survivor is messy. Gambit, Angel and Jubilee previous parts are of very little substance and don't need addressing.
    They could always throw in some kind of mumbo jumbo of his magnetic powers being used to prevent his cells from aging. Stranger things have happened. (See Kitty's new time travel powers.)

Also, there is makeup and hair dye.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Justice League war? Really? I'd prefer the atomized, but his hand escapes and his followers use it to bring him back to life
    btw, did you thought of cyclops when buying X #23? Cos I certainly did when I checked the cover
    Nope.

Just add Hollow to the Xmen movies and Generation X fans will be happy. Hahaha. joke!

BANNED

So when will Fassbender's hair turn white?

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    They could always throw in some kind of mumbo jumbo of his magnetic powers being used to prevent his cells from aging. Stranger things have happened. (See Kitty's new time travel powers.)

Also, there is makeup and hair dye.
    Yup, add that to the list of things that they are just making up as they go along.

Again, these new movies are awesome. X-Men: Days Of Future Past is my favorite X-Men movie yet, and while I don't expect X-Men: Apocalypse to be as enjoyable (mainly because Days Of Future Past is one of my all time favorite X-Men stories and Apocalypse... isn't), I fully expect it to be incredibly awesome.

But how they fit in with the rest of the series as part of a larger narrative is troublesome.