Page 495 of 735 FirstFirst ... 395445485491492493494495496497498499505545595 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,425 of 11023

I think he confused the general reason most of the people who have already decided they will hate the film have with the newest one.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I haven't decided I'm going to hate the film tho, in fact I'm on record stating I'm pretty positive it will be among my favorites in the series, behind only Days Of Future Past, and that's mostly due to the fact that's Days Of Future Past is my favorite X-Men story so it's just preference.

So I'm not sure why those couple people say they feel sorry for me cuz a tweet came out calling it fun lol.

I can only assume it's because of my stated distaste of the MCU, but that doesn't mean I don't like "silly" and "fun", it just means that I want the story and character to take precedent, and not just have the movie built on moving from one action sequences to the next like I feel Marvel does. It's the difference between having your action move the plot forward, versus using the plot to move the action forward.

If it's not that, then I'm even more confused lol.

And I have very few complaints about Storm in this, although I don't think it's ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Sophie turner is going to have to turn in an amazing performance. For me to view that tweet as a good thing though. I have been underwhelmed with her on GoT for years.
    Personally, I feel she has been elevating Sansa since the beginning. Some of that is because the character is superior on the show than in the books, but it's also because Turner brings such a lot of vulnerability and steel in equal measure to the character. She'll be perfect for Jean. I always wanted her for Teen Jean but never thought it would actually come to pass. So not only was I pleasantly surprised when she was being considered, but elated when she bagged the role!

BANNED

really how do you rank her against the other young talent?

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    really how do you rank her against the other young talent?
    The young talent in Apocalypse or GoT? I'm only familiar with Smit-McPhee and Sheridan's work and I think both of them are on par with Turner, KSM especially.

On GoT, Maisie Williams got a lot more to do than the other kids in the earlier seasons. Though slowly but surely, as Sansa started becoming more of a key player, Turner displayed that she was more than capable of handling more layers than was previously afforded to her character. Even in the earlier seasons, it would've been incredibly easy to grow tired of a "whiny, princessy" character like Sansa, but I think it was Turner's ability to effectively reflect glimpses of resolve during her endlessly pitiable state that made it possible to relate to, sympathize and even respect the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The silly and fun thing are probably about the new teen characters and what they do when they're not trying to stop everything they've built to fall.
    This made me laugh out loud. But also, there has to be some levity in this film, with all the teen characters and also the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The young talent in Apocalypse or GoT? I'm only familiar with Smit-McPhee and Sheridan's work and I think both of them are on par with Turner, KSM especially.

On GoT, Maisie Williams got a lot more to do than the other kids in the earlier seasons. Though slowly but surely, as Sansa started becoming more of a key player, Turner displayed that she was more than capable of handling more layers than was previously afforded to her character. Even in the earlier seasons, it would've been incredibly easy to grow tired of a "whiny, princessy" character like Sansa, but I think it was Turner's ability to effectively reflect glimpses of resolve during her endlessly pitiable state that made it possible to relate to, sympathize and even respect the character.
    Sansa has long been one of my favorite characters, and honestly it was those early seasons I was most impressed with her. Going from whiny 'princess' to abused captive under Joffrey was performed so well. I remember the first moment I was like 'this girl is good' was when she was forced to look at her father's head and had that swift turn from crying hysterically to blank of emotion. It told me that Sansa was going to do what she had to to survive, and what most consider weakness of her character, I see as strength.

I was also really only familiar with KSM prior to Apocalypse, and I would put him and Sophie on the same level. They both have an incredible intensity that I am interested to see together.
    Last edited by Nachturne; 05-09-2016 at 03:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Here is another reaction.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DanielJLa...35894747418628

Apparently they played a Whitney Houston song in the film.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post

Fingers Crossed for "Im Your Baby Tonight" that's where X-Men TAS theme comes from

Quote Originally Posted by Nachturne View Post
    This made me laugh out loud. But also, there has to be some levity in this film, with all the teen characters and also the 80s.

Sansa has long been one of my favorite characters, and honestly it was those early seasons I was most impressed with her. Going from whiny 'princess' to abused captive under Joffrey was performed so well. I remember the first moment I was like 'this girl is good' was when she was forced to look at her father's head and had that swift turn from crying hysterically to blank of emotion. It told me that Sansa was going to do what she had to to survive, and what most consider weakness of her character, I see as strength.

I was also really only familiar with KSM prior to Apocalypse, and I would put him and Sophie on the same level. They both have an incredible intensity that I am interested to see together.
    Oh yeah, and when she looked from the ramparts to the drop below (when I thought she was contemplating suicide, which at that point wouldn't have seemed uncharacteristic), only to surprise me by instead shooting a piercing look at the inattentive and gloating Joffrey, before slowly charging to push him off only to be stopped by The Hound. That cold and searing look definitely bowled me over. She can definitely make for a chilling Dark Phoenix in addition to the Jean we all know (and mostly) love.

I think all the youngsters are great and seem to share great chemistry (even the ones I'm unfamiliar with like Shipp and Condor). Cannot wait to see them bond and form a family unit together.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post

They should also feature When Doves Cry, Take On Me (for a sequence shot in Europe maybe?), a John Hughes OST (for the mall scene, or what's left of it), and a Bangles or Go Go's tune.

If they are feeling extra self-indulgent, then I wouldn't really hold them against using Hungry Like the Wolf for Logan's intro.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachturne View Post
    Those cities are fall-proof as they were built on rock and roll.

*I'll show myself out*

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Personally, I feel she has been elevating Sansa since the beginning. Some of that is because the character is superior on the show than in the books, but it's also because Turner brings such a lot of vulnerability and steel in equal measure to the character. She'll be perfect for Jean. I always wanted her for Teen Jean but never thought it would actually come to pass. So not only was I pleasantly surprised when she was being considered, but elated when she bagged the role!
    Yes, it's unfair to blame Turner for Sansa's shortcomings as a character; it's how she's written.

I can't stand JLaw as Mystique, but I loved her as Katniss Everdeen.

And I still get mad that people say it's Anna Paquin's fault Rogue was a damsel in distress in X Men. Paquin has repeatedly said how much she wanted to play her more like her comic book version, but it never happened. And I personally think she was great in X2; I didn't like how she was relegated to supporting character but she showed plenty of sass. I honestly thought she would shine in X3 but then Kinberg came along.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Yes, it's unfair to blame Turner for Sansa's shortcomings as a character; it's how she's written.

I can't stand JLaw as Mystique, but I loved her as Katniss Everdeen.

And I still get mad that people say it's Anna Paquin's fault Rogue was a damsel in distress in X Men. Paquin has repeatedly said how much she wanted to play her more like her comic book version, but it never happened. And I personally think she was great in X2; I didn't like how she was relegated to supporting character but she showed plenty of sass. I honestly thought she would shine in X3 but then Kinberg came along.
    Paquin went on to show she could play Southern spitfire extremely well with True Blood. I don't even know why The Last Stand, the closing chapter of the trilogy, was so short. They could have given her so many cool scenes.

After seeing Civil War, I'm even more pumped for this one. I'm tired of the constant hand-to-hand combat. I want to see some super heroes use some super powers, dammit!