Page 503 of 735 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503504505506507513553603 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 11023

I have never been much of a Cyclops fan but I am really enjoying what I have seen so far of Tye as Scott.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nachturne View Post
    I have never been much of a Cyclops fan but I am really enjoying what I have seen so far of Tye as Scott.
    Yeah he seems to have a very "chill" personality when he gave interviews too sort of how Cyclops himself would be

I guess he is a bit too relaxed and casual as a person compared to the real Cyclops but yeah he doesnt seem too passionate or fiery which is a good fit I guess
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

https://twitter.com/kristapley/statu...83631632179200

Oh another thing: Tye Sheridan is going to be super underrated in this but he's sort of fantastic. A great Cyclops in the making.

Bless you, Juan678.
    Too much! Too much! Must avoid this board until I see the movie!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yeah he seems to have a very "chill" personality when he gave interviews too sort of how Cyclops himself would be

I guess he is a bit too relaxed and casual as a person compared to the real Cyclops but yeah he doesnt seem too passionate or fiery which is a good fit I guess
    He's cyclops pre relationships train wreck, of course he's chill and happy. He gots cool shades, badass powers and lives in a mansion. What's not to love?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    He's cyclops pre relationships train wreck, of course he's chill and happy. He gots cool shades, badass powers and lives in a mansion. What's not to love?
    Was Cyclops originally enthusiastic about his powers? (Serious question, just in case)

"But no sooner does she ask what Apocalypse's deal is that she's brainwashed and mute until the film's final moments.For most of the movie, the Four Horsemen don't even battle! They just stand around Apocalypse, posing as if they're on a photo shoot while he blathers on and on and on about power and genocide."

"Angel (Ben Hardy) and Psylocke (Olivia Munn) get introduced and then barely speak, giving us no clue to their personalities, backgrounds or motivations."

And so the X-films continue their tradition of mute background villains, with their only important African female character positioned as such.

Oh, but I was being crazy....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sounds like reviews are very mixed. I hope it does well, but maybe not well enough to keep Singer on. Let's get some fresh blood and a fresh take. Dump Kinberg and Singer both. Let Tim Miller run with the X-Force characters and find someone fresh to bring the X-men into the present day. We've gotten the X-men's origin. No need to throw the baby out with the bath water. Just jump ahead to the here and now with older actors and a fresh face at the helm.

"The ingredients for great thrills are there, but in Singer and Kinberg's hands, they become a recipe for disaster."

The X-films in one sentence.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

https://rogersmovienation.com/2016/0...en-apocalypse/

this reviewer is reasonably positive for almost the entire review, then gives it a 2/5 because they're sick of wisecracking superhero movies.

You guys are gonna burn out ur brains trying to find and rationalize every review online.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    https://rogersmovienation.com/2016/0...en-apocalypse/

this reviewer is reasonably positive for almost the entire review, then gives it a 2/5 because they're sick of wisecracking superhero movies.
    That make no sense when the text and the final score don't agree despite coming from the same person....
    Dark does not mean deep.

Bad reviews are bad, and pretty much bad in the ways I was expecting from how most of the promotional materials looked plus how the previous Singer films have gone. CBR's one is awfully nit-picky but, please guys, let's not do the "MCU bias" dance. We are not the DCEU quagmire (sorry, I meant 'fanbase') and should not operating on their sub-basement level. Sometimes a critic sees a movie and feels it's not up to scratch because it seems to fall short of its own intentions, not because it's failing to follow a different movie's plan.

On related note: Drew McWeeny's review over on HitFix is of the more positive persuasion. He's one of the 3 critics whose views I take absolutely seriously, so that's enough to give me pause.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Was Cyclops originally enthusiastic about his powers? (Serious question, just in case)
    When he started pining for Jean he felt his powers were a reason to not pursue her.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Was looking through the rottens and found that the only seriously bad ratings is a 3.0/10 from that guy at Forbes(who praised gods of Egypt) and two 2/5. So not too bad.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/x_me...s/?sort=rotten

Doing way better BvS at least.:cat