Page 55 of 735 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155555 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The Wolverine (Flashbacks) > First Class > X-Men Origins > X1 > X2 > X3 > The Wolverine (present) > DoFP (Future)
    .................................................. .................................................. ............................................|
    .................................................. ........DoFP (Past) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    .................................................. ...............|
    .................................................. ...............>>>>> Apocalypse

No idea WHERE Gambit, Deadpool, and Wolverine 3 fall on the new timeline yet.

Of course, it COULD also be:

Earth-10005: The Wolverine (Flashbacks) > X-Men Origins > X1 > X2 > X3 > The Wolverine (present) > Days of Future Past (Present/Future)
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...|
    .................................................. .....................<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    .................................................. .....................|
    Earth-Something:..............First Class > Days of Future Past (Past) > Apocalypse

That would certainly handwave most of the major continuity problems between FC and the rest of the films AND better follow Marvel's time travel rules.
    Or they could just erase anything not first class.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gordonstar View Post
    or they could just release the movie without giving **** about continuity issues

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    or they could just release the movie without giving **** about continuity issues
    Why not? Marvel Comics seems to do that already with the books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Umm no!
    Lets keep consistency and continuity, one thing MCU movies do better than X films is be consistent, and keeps the continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordonstar View Post
    Except the rules established for the universe, by Singer himself, WITH his time travel "reboot", doesn't erase anything and in fact validates it.

I wouldn't hang my hat on anything Singer says with regards to continuity. At the end of the day, if they have to decide between telling the story they want to tell and continuity then I am guessing the former beats the latter.

And frankly, a casual fan doesn't give a shit about continuity for movies that happened more than a decade ago. And the Marvel movies had the benefit of being conceived and developed as part of an overarching plan and there is no gap in filming. The first X-film was shot in over 15 years ago.
    Last edited by remydat; 03-31-2015 at 06:39 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Telling their story trumps continuity, I just wish that they would take a bit more care to have their story better respect continuity since their story is part of a bigger overall series of stories that fit together, AND their last story was stated to "clean up / fix the mess", a mess that they're now making worse.

Like I said... X-Men: Apocalypse will be a great movie.

But by the time Singer is done with this franchise, it's not going to be a continuous series of movies, but rather just a bunch of one off's.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    Telling their story trumps continuity, I just wish that they would take a bit more care to have their story better respect continuity since their story is part of a bigger overall series of stories that fit together, AND their last story was stated to "clean up / fix the mess", a mess that they're now making worse.

But by the time Singer is done with this franchise, it's not going to be a continuous series of movies, but rather just a bunch of one off's.
    It'll be great if you're a fan of Mystique, Xavier and Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I like only Xavier from this trio but still DOFP was awesome movie and I am really excited about Apocalypse.

BANNED

I hope to see more action on this movie.

Amazing Member

I definitely expect great things from this one, even if there's continuity busting going on.

It also sets up the next one really well. We should finally have a young team of Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler, Angel, Jubilee etc. by the end of this one, likely as the central characters going forward without the current leads. Exciting prospect for fans of the core X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by GMT47 View Post
    I definitely expect great things from this one, even if there's continuity busting going on.

It also sets up the next one really well. We should finally have a young team of Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler, Angel, Jubilee etc. by the end of this one, likely as the central characters going forward without the current leads. Exciting prospect for fans of the core X-Men.
    Completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Completely agree.
    Me too! It's what more exciting for me in this movie are the young new mutants and Apocalypse. Don't get me wrong I loved what James and Michael did with Professor and Magneto, but I'm done seeing movies about the two leaders and hero-Mystique. I want the real team to be the main characters. Specially since Ororo, Warren, Kurt and Betsy are among my favorites. It is like the Avengers movies were all about Nick Fury and Loki for three movies in a row, it wouldn't be that great.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 04-02-2015 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post

Kind of like the comics. huh.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Not really. Of those 3, only Magneto is among my top favorites, and I've loved this branch of the series.

Also, the conflict in ideologies is kind of the entire foundation of X-Men, so focusing a trilogy on those 2 isn't exactly out of line.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Kind of like the comics. huh.
    Not really. While there are retcons cuz the thing has gone on for 50 years, there is a sense of continuity within the comics.