Page 56 of 735 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156556 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Me too! It's what more exciting for me in this movie are the young new mutants and Apocalypse. Don't get me wrong I loved whats James and Michale did with Professor and Magneto, but I'm done seeing movies about the two leaders and hero-Mystique. I want the real team to be the main characters. Specially since Ororo, Warren Kurt and Netsy are among my favorites. It is like the Avengers movies were all about Nick Fury and Loki for three movies in a row, it wouldn't be that great.
    Yup. I appreciate and applaud what the First Class cast has done for the films. But I'm ready to see them pass the torch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yup. I appreciate and applaud what the First Class cast has done for the films. But I'm ready to see them pass the torch.
    I'd be fine with them sticking around as long as they get back to focusing on the students like they did in First Class. The reason First Class is my favorite X-Men movie is because it didn't feel like any one mutant's show; it was so much larger than one, two, or even three individuals. Save for the one issue I had with the black guy dying first, Matthew Vaughn did well to treat characters like more than background noise. Figures -- the one movie that I actually like is one of the two NOT directed by Singer! As long as he's involved, X-Men: Apocalypse is maybe a dvd buy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I'd be fine with them sticking around as long as they get back to focusing on the students like they did in First Class. The reason First Class is my favorite X-Men movie is because it didn't feel like any one mutant's show; it was so much larger than one, two, or even three individuals. Save for the one issue I had with the black guy dying first, Matthew Vaughn did well to treat characters like more than background noise. Figures -- the one movie that I actually like is one of the two NOT directed by Singer! As long as he's involved, X-Men: Apocalypse is maybe a dvd buy for me.
    Mmm...Singer worked on First Class as well...First Class is pretty much Singer's baby to.

(In all fairness a lot of First Class' awesomeness is pure Jane Goldman - who is amazing...)
    Last edited by Beezzi; 04-01-2015 at 07:28 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Mmm...Singer worked on First Class as well...First Class is pretty much Singer's baby to.

(In all fairness a lot of First Class' awesomeness is pure Jane Goldman - who is amazing...)
    He was probably there in spirit only because nothing about that movie felt the slightest bit Singer-y to me.

He was probably there in spirit only because nothing about that movie felt the slightest bit Singer-y to me.
    It was a little more than that, he's co-writer/producer.

Yea Singer was pretty hands on with X-Men: First Class. He was originally supposed to direct it.

BANNED

Maybe he's better in that role. They should keep him there.

Mighty Member

Maybe he's better in that role. They should keep him there.
    I have to admit I loved the first two X films.

'X Men' was flawed but it's heart was in the right place. And X2 was a great movie. DOFP seemed to have too much talk, to be honest. And I missed seeing the OC. A few cameo roles where they got bumped off wasn't enough.

Still find it hard to believe those films were the better part of 15 years ago!

BANNED

I love all the X-men movies.

I like them all except for X3 and XMO:W. And I love X2 and DoFP. Those IMO are the strongest two entries in the franchise. Followed by First Class, The Wolverine and X1.

As for Singer, he's a strong director, but I think the X-films need a new tone. At the very least, an X-Force spinoff franchise needs a new tone. And I think Matthew Vaughn (First Class, Kingsman: The Secret Service) would be ideal for that. Or maybe even someone from outside of the X-film family. Some new blood if you will. Like James Wan, who just directed Fast and Furious 7. Take a guy like that, give him a killer script built around Cable, Deadpool, Gambit, Psylocke, Archangel, etc., and let him go nuts.

In fact, I'd borrow heavily from Remender's Uncanny X-Force run and probably just slot Cable into the Wolverine role and Gambit into the Fantomex role. With Cable's "Professor" program or "Ship" in the role of EVA (artificially intelligent transport).
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 04-02-2015 at 04:50 AM.

Gambit would never kill a kid. I do not want Remy to replace fantomex crap role.

I do not want fast and furious director for x-force either. All new last and furious movies are stupid action. X-Force need to be better then this.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gambit would never kill a kid. I do not want Remy to replace fantomex crap role.

I do not want fast and furious director for x-force either. All new last and furious movies are stupid action. X-Force need to be better then this.
    Does anyone remember the actor who played the 'baddie' army officer in Avatar?

He looks a lot like Cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

No, he wouldn't. But Apocalypse Solution doesn't need to be the adaptation. Angel is already in Apocalypse. Dark Angel Saga already has a story board (the actual comic). The movie practically writes itself. Gambit can fit into the Fantomex role seamlessly.

Oh, don't get me wrong. Cable would kill the kid. He's very morally gray, especially when it comes to Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I like them all except for X3 and XMO:W. And I love X2 and DoFP. Those IMO are the strongest two entries in the franchise. Followed by First Class, The Wolverine and X1.

As for Singer, he's a strong director, but I think the X-films need a new tone. At the very least, an X-Force spinoff franchise needs a new tone. And I think Matthew Vaughn (First Class, Kingsman: The Secret Service) would be ideal for that. Or maybe even someone from outside of the X-film family. Some new blood if you will. Like James Wan, who just directed Fast and Furious 7. Take a guy like that, give him a killer script built around Cable, Deadpool, Gambit, Psylocke, Archangel, etc., and let him go nuts.

In fact, I'd borrow heavily from Remender's Uncanny X-Force run and probably just slot Cable into the Wolverine role and Gambit into the Fantomex role. With Cable's "Professor" program or "Ship" in the role of EVA (artificially intelligent transport).
    I'm not a fan of Fast and Furious at all so I don't know anything about that director but I said it before and I say it again: we want the exact same movie! hehe