Page 6 of 735 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 11023
  1. #76
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    12,155

    Default

    Incidentally, apparently the setting for Apocalypse has been confirmed for 1983, so we'll be looking at the early-80s.

  2. #77
    Mighty Member Franchise408's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Except most of your post was not speculating but going on and on about stuff that has already happened and why you didn't like it. And it is all the more illogical as most of what you went on about was the fact that the movies ended up undoing things we saw earlier in the movies while then claiming that because of DOFP we already know which characters will survive Apocalypse. Well um no we don't because you just said they retcon/change stuff all the time so they could do the same as it relates to the ending of DOFP.

    So the point here is your argument is logically inconsistent. In essence your first argument directly contradicts your second which is why I suggested you just wait and see. You are so wrapped up in your complaints, you can't see the forest for the trees. If you were making a coherent argument it would be one thing but again you can't bemoan the fact they change or retcon stuff all the time in one breath while then simultaneously arguing that the ending of DOFP means everything is set in stone without it coming off as a contradiction.

    And the fact it won't be 2018 or later until we are back in the 2020s is entirely relevant because between now and 4 or 6 years from now, Singer or Kinberg could easily decide they want to go in a different direction and ignore the ending of DOFP. Hell a new director may replace Singer and decide he doesn't give a shit about the DOFP ending. There are any number of scenarios where the movie landscape is so different that it renders the ending in DOFP meaningless. That is why it matters.
    So basically you're saying... my complaint about retcons is invalid because the movie could retcon the retcons.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ge8RjQQvY8

  3. #78
    Incredible Member RCX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Some cool news from XMen Apocalypse:

    Kimberg has not written anything about Gambit, Nightcrawler, Jean, Storm or Wolverine, yet. This doesn't mean they won't be in it, not at all, it just means there is still work in progress. My guess is that they are waiting for a Gambit/Tatum confirmation.

    Quicksilver, Cyclops, Magneto, Mystique and Xavier already have some part on the script. Actually, there is a scene with Cyclops and Quicksilver interacting.

    The movie takes place in 1983.

    Angel might be in the movie.

    Apocalypse won't be totally cgi, there will be an actor.

    Synger is confirmed.

    I know some of this might have been mentioned but this was Kimberg's latest interview, so I guess we can speculate with some more information.

  4. #79
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,901

    Default

    I've been assuming that they'll probably mo-cap Apocalypse, like Marvel has been doing with Hulk and Thanos.

  5. #80
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    414

    Default

    I could see a mo-capped Apocalypse. I think something more unassuming to start with could work as well if he makes a public appearance, though huge bulky Apocalypse appearing in public making statements could end up being pretty cool also. I would like to see a continuance from FC and DoFP of structuring plot elements around real world history, usually with mutants inserted. It could boost Apocalypse's presence if he intertwines with the alternate history.

  6. #81
    Mighty Member Franchise408's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    Some cool news from XMen Apocalypse:

    Kimberg has not written anything about Gambit, Nightcrawler, Jean, Storm or Wolverine, yet. This doesn't mean they won't be in it, not at all, it just means there is still work in progress. My guess is that they are waiting for a Gambit/Tatum confirmation.

    Quicksilver, Cyclops, Magneto, Mystique and Xavier already have some part on the script. Actually, there is a scene with Cyclops and Quicksilver interacting.

    The movie takes place in 1983.

    Angel might be in the movie.

    Apocalypse won't be totally cgi, there will be an actor.

    Synger is confirmed.

    I know some of this might have been mentioned but this was Kimberg's latest interview, so I guess we can speculate with some more information.
    Do you have a link for this?

  7. #82
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,605

    Default

    No mention of Rogue I see.
    But Kinberg seems to hate her, so not surprised.

  8. #83
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler & Gambit would be such a great X-team! Hope we will see this on screen.

  9. #84
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,901

    Default

    "A scene of Quicksilver and Cyclops interacting." Oh that should be fun, even Xavier thought that QS was "a pain in the ass."

  10. #85
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    Some cool news from XMen Apocalypse:

    Kimberg has not written anything about Gambit, Nightcrawler, Jean, Storm or Wolverine, yet. This doesn't mean they won't be in it, not at all, it just means there is still work in progress. My guess is that they are waiting for a Gambit/Tatum confirmation.

    Quicksilver, Cyclops, Magneto, Mystique and Xavier already have some part on the script. Actually, there is a scene with Cyclops and Quicksilver interacting.

    The movie takes place in 1983.

    Angel might be in the movie.

    Apocalypse won't be totally cgi, there will be an actor.

    Synger is confirmed.

    I know some of this might have been mentioned but this was Kimberg's latest interview, so I guess we can speculate with some more information.

    Give link. I found nothing like this.

  11. #86
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xhatch View Post
    Is there any real danger?

    What I mean is, at the end of DOFP the 80's that Apoc will be set in has already happened and you still see everyone back at the mansion and everything is just dandy. So, given if they need to link the events of AoA to the ending of DOFP, then Apoc will be defeated and happy days all around. So there is no real tension at all knowing that this is a prequel, unless ofcourse they once again emphisis that the future is in danger, in this case the happy ending future that DOFP left us with.
    Since they've stated the original cast will have a presence, maybe the Apocalypse from 2023 will turn Kitty into a horseman and she'll use her abilities to send Apocalypse consciousness back in time? Not that I necessarily want more timetravel in the sequel, but it would certainly leave the outcome uncertain, an Apocalypse that was bested by Xavier once using one of his students for a second chance to accomplish his horrible dream.

  12. #87
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    12,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenetik View Post
    Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler & Gambit would be such a great X-team! Hope we will see this on screen.
    I agree.. that's a pretty killer line up.

  13. #88
    Extraordinary Member DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    6,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    Some cool news from XMen Apocalypse:

    Kimberg has not written anything about Gambit, Nightcrawler, Jean, Storm or Wolverine, yet. This doesn't mean they won't be in it, not at all, it just means there is still work in progress. My guess is that they are waiting for a Gambit/Tatum confirmation.

    Quicksilver, Cyclops, Magneto, Mystique and Xavier already have some part on the script. Actually, there is a scene with Cyclops and Quicksilver interacting.

    The movie takes place in 1983.

    Angel might be in the movie.

    Apocalypse won't be totally cgi, there will be an actor.

    Synger is confirmed.

    I know some of this might have been mentioned but this was Kimberg's latest interview, so I guess we can speculate with some more information.
    Of course Apoc'o will be Mo-Cap, its the way to go these days!
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

  14. #89
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    12,749

    Default

    Mo-Capocalypse?

  15. #90
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenetik View Post
    Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler & Gambit would be such a great X-team! Hope we will see this on screen.
    I'd rather see Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, Beast and Gambit to be honest; since we already know Hoult is signed on and will be there. He'd be the older, more veteran member of the team as well as the brains. Plus the lineup is pretty close to the X-Factor line-up that was in place when Apocalypse debuted in the comics (the O5). With Gambit as kind of the Wolverine loner badass I think this would be pretty darn sweet.

    I'd save Nightcrawler for the next film which I would base off the Mutant Massacre with Sinister and the Marauders, but might give him a cameo in this one. Have him be a young boy who is held captive by Weapon X, much like the Ultimate Universe. Wolverine is in this film as a Horseman of Apocalypse, after having been given the adamantium and brainwashed at the hands of a Weapon X Program that more closely resembles the comics. Mystique is involved posing as Stryker, and ultimately she helps Logan escape once she sees what they've done to him and the torture he has endured. Perhaps Apocalypse is behind Weapon X somehow, way behind the scenes. Perhaps not and he just scoops Logan up afterwards and makes him a Horseman. Either way this would be a good use of Logan in my view. Jackman wouldn't have to shoot much because for most of the movie he'd be sporting a mask. That would allow a stunt double to play him for most of the film. Also, he and Gambit would get an epic fight towards the end where Remy could utter the famous line from the comics after defeating him, "bang, you dead."

    And, of course, I'd have Cable in the after credits scene to set up X-Force. That could be perfection IMO.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •