Page 9 of 735 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109509 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I can't help but think if they'd used the regeneration plotlines from the comics they could have had McAvoy and Fassbender alongside the original cast. Lawrence replacing Romijin could just be explained by her being a shapeshifter.
    Actually, they already have an explanation for that. Beast mentioned in FC that Mystique's powers also drastically slows down her aging. So when she's middle-aged, she could still have the cells/body of a person in their 20's. Isn't Mystique supposed to be like over a century old in the comics as well?

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    48(and actually she's 47) is not 56. Also, I think superheroes have a little more robust of a lifestyle than pampered, made-up, properly lit Hollywood actors, especially if they have been on the run from death robots for the past decade.
    Where did you get 56 from? That's a made up number that was not stated in any movie. Halle Berry will be 48 in one month as her Bday is August 14 so that's pretty much 48 to me.

And what allows actresses/actors age well is because they eat healthy (they can hire people to ensure they do) and they keep in great shape (they have all the free time in the world to work out a few hours every day). Superheroes would age well because they need to remain in top physical shape or they die.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Ultimate Member

Plus I don't think that Cyclops, Jean, and Storm's exact ages were ever stated in any of the films (except for Origins which is more or less being ignored/retconned anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Plus I don't think that Cyclops, Jean, and Storm's exact ages were ever stated in any of the films (except for Origins which is more or less being ignored/retconned anyway).
    It's not being ignored, as it was blatantly referenced and acknowledged in Days Of Future Past. That's the opposite of "ignored"

They are setting it up so the films can go FORWARD without being attached at the hip to it, but the history established in Origins from pre-73 would still count. Which would include Cyclops' birth, and as such, age.

And despite all that, an exact age for Cyclops WASN'T given in Origins, nor was an exact year, so it can still be fudged a bit. Origins has been theorized to be anywhere from 2-8 years before the alleged setting for X-Men: Apocalypse, so that gives Singer and co. some wiggle room in regards to Cyclops' age.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

If they are following history then origins time frame takes place after Apocalypse. Apocalypse takes place in 1973 Three mile island blew up in 1979. 6 years after logan rescued teen scott. This is my opinion based on the fact thay both FC and DOFP followed major events in history
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    If they are following history then origins time frame takes place after Apocalypse. Apocalypse takes place in 1973 Three mile island blew up in 1979. 6 years after logan rescued teen scott. This is my opinion based on the fact thay both FC and DOFP followed major events in history
    From what I understand the climax of Origins was 1985 (I'd thought 1979 to coincide with the historical meltdown, too, but apparently this is some separate incident at Three Mile Island).

Who cares about ages? I mean the casual fans going to watch the movie certainly won't give a shit. Most of them can't remember what movie they saw last week much less whether Cyke was in Origins and if so how old he was. Worrying about their ages is like worrying about why in the comics Cyke and company still look so young when they were teenagers back in the 60s.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Ultimate Member

If I had to guess, I'd say that they'll be between 17-21 in the next movie. Young enough to still be students who are inexperienced/in need of guidance, but old enough to get directly involved in the action. Oh and given that it's taking place in the 1980's, I want Storm to have her "punk biker" look and Mohawk.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Apocalypse is in 1983

It's Days Of Future Past that takes place in 1973

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcMuffin View Post
    It also doesn't help that the main cast will have barely aged in around 20 on-screen years...
    Or that Iceman was shown as a kid in First Class, when he was a teenager in the other movies. Or that they made Gambit in his mid-late 20's in the Wolverine movie (which has to be set at the end of the 70's) and then had Havok in first class as a teen in the 60's and Cyke in a cameo as a child, making Havok much older then Cyke. Yet they had the First Class cameo of Storm as a kid, which in movie verse would make Storm younger than Havok too.

Yeah the movie-verse has a multitude of mind numbing mistakes and poorly thought out choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Here's what's been confirmed or all-but confirmed:

-Young versions of Cyclops, Storm, and Jean will appear.
    -Channing Tatum will pay Gambit.
    -Young Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, and Beast will all return.
    -Apocalypse and his Horsemen will be the villains.
    -Hugh Jackman will return as Wolverine.
    -The movie will be an "extinction-level event" and feature "disaster movie" type of destruction/devastation.

What I'd like to see.

-Some of the established characters being turned into Horsemen. Wolverine and Magneto make the most sense, but I can also see Mystique or Gambit being ones as well.
    -Bring back Havok in a more substantial role and clarify exactly what his relationship with Cyclops is.
    -Explain WHY Mystique rescued Wolverine at the end of DOFP.
    -Introduce Mr. Sinister and then make him the main villain of a future film.
    -Dazzler!! Come on, it's the 80's for goodness sake.
    CT still has not been confirmed for Apocalypse.

What HAS been confirmed is the First Class roster being the main focus.
    Last edited by Synthetic Innocence; 07-21-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Ultimate Member

No what's been confirmed is that it takes place in the FC era and mostly follows up from DOFP on their end, that's not the same thing. Besides, most of the FC roster is dead.

If quicksilver returns I'd like to see a grown-up little Lorna from DOFP (I'm assuming it's her as there was a scripted scene where they refer to her older sister) become a horseman like in blood of apocalypse. It would justify his presence, as cool as he may be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcMuffin View Post
    If quicksilver returns I'd like to see a grown-up little Lorna from DOFP (I'm assuming it's her as there was a scripted scene where they refer to her older sister) become a horseman like in blood of apocalypse. It would justify his presence, as cool as he may be.
    I disagree. Nobody cares for female Magneto and especially not as a horsemen. The horsemen should be already established but darker and twisted character versions! this is a lot more fun. Wolverine as Death vs. Jean, Cyclops and Storm. Hell yes!
    Last edited by Phoenetik; 07-21-2014 at 03:12 PM.

Havok vs Cyke
    Wolverine vs Gambit
    Mags vs Jean Grey
    Mystique vs Storm

If it were me, the above would be the penultimate battle between Horseman vs X-men with those characters and other X-men taking on Apocalypse in the final showdown.