Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    That Sue is a counterpart of 616 Sue.
    Doom is 616 Doom. Johnny is a counterpart of 616 Johnny.

616 Sue and 616 Johnny died in Secret Wars # 1.
    True, those who follow SW know that already. We'll have to wait and see exactly how (and which/who) Johnny transitions into ANAD Marvel.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    I was checking out the Fantastic Four (2015) message board on the Internet Movie DataBase (IMDb) and ran across one thread where a poster asked if the FF comic would return. Believe it or not, two different posters in the thread declared their belief that the title will not return until Marvel gets the FF film rights back from Fox. Is this a realistic possibility? If so, FF fans might be waiting years before seeing a return to their beloved comic.
    I believe it's entirely possible. I don't know if it's actually going to happen, but for now I think Marvel is not too keen on promoting the Fantastic Four. They still want to develop the characters, but I think they're going to do that by incorporating them into other books. We already see Thing in Guardians of the Galaxy. We see Human Torch on the Inhumans. As for Reed and Sue, it's hard to say. Maybe they'll join the X-men or become part of a new Avengers team or something. But I think it's pretty evident at this point that Marvel is NOT going to push Fantastic Four so long as the movie rights are in Fox's hands. And since that's not going to change anytime soon, I think it's going to be a while before we see another ongoing.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Spectacular Member

The movie is a big reason that there's no more FF book. I wouldn't be surprised if a new FF comes out by the end of the year or sometime next year. The FF don't have to be Reed, Sue, Johnny, and Ben, but we could see a return of the team with new characters. Depends on who's writing and what Marvel's looking to push at the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Well, depends on which run you're looking at. Fraction's run underperformed in a big way. Robinson's run arguably underperformed, as well. It fell below 30 000 copies a month, prior to getting back the original numbering. In fact, #14 sold under 25 000. It did jump back up above 30 000 for the final four issues, #642-645.

Still, I get the feeling the Fantastic Four don't generate that much interest any more. Yes, they still have their fans. Of course they do. Every character has fans. Adam-X the X-Treme has fans. But the Fantastic Four don't have as large a fanbase as the X-Men, the Avengers, Spider-Man, or a lot of other characters. They've been on a downward trajectory for a long time. Even Hickman's run, despite all the critical acclaim, was generally stuck around the middle of the sales charts, aside from a few points here and there - launching FF, relaunching Fantastic Four, a couple other boosts here and there.

The Fantastic Four have long since lost their status as one of Marvel's top-selling titles. And they have a diminishing number of die-hard fans. They're at a point where a phenomenal run will get good sales, whereas something like Avengers or Uncanny X-Men will get great sales with an OK run. Basically, the guaranteed sales for Fantastic Four are no longer really there, and as Marvel's oldest title, that's an awkward place for them to be in. They probably should have higher guaranteed sales.

That's why I figure Marvel will probably end up leaving the title dead for a couple years. They did it with Thor, and since coming back, he's consistently had good sales. Because the absence reminded people that they liked him.

So my guess is that Secret Wars will end with Reed and Doom dying. Sue will probably retire from superheroics to raise Franklin and Valeria. Ben and Johnny will be kept active. And then, in two or three years, we'll have a triumphant return of the Fantastic Four.
    we are talking about marvel that made guardians a cashcow, I think FF still have chances to sell better. I think 40k would be a good number.

I don't think there is a direct relation between movies rights and books, maybe not even the sales. Just a coincidence of cancelation, secret wars and not spoiling what will happen on secret wars. there is so much conspiracy, that is hard to get the truth out of it

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    we are talking about marvel that made guardians a cashcow, I think FF still have chances to sell better. I think 40k would be a good number.

I don't think there is a direct relation between movies rights and books, maybe not even the sales. Just a coincidence of cancelation, secret wars and not spoiling what will happen on secret wars. there is so much conspiracy, that is hard to get the truth out of it
    The Guardians get great sales with an only OK run. A lot of that has to do with the movie. Fantastic Four needs a phenomenal run just to get decent sales. And that has nothing to do with the movie. That's purely the result of years and years of a shrinking interest in the Fantastic Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    I was checking out the Fantastic Four (2015) message board on the Internet Movie DataBase (IMDb) and ran across one thread where a poster asked if the FF comic would return. Believe it or not, two different posters in the thread declared their belief that the title will not return until Marvel gets the FF film rights back from Fox. Is this a realistic possibility? If so, FF fans might be waiting years before seeing a return to their beloved comic.
    No it is not.

Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

If Marvel can sell a FF book it will, but there's not much of a market for it right now.
    That said, if a high profile writer came to them with a FF story he/she really wanted to write than I think Marvel would probably go for it.
    But their sales figures don't justify the FF having a garanteed montly anymore.
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    That Sue is a counterpart of 616 Sue.
    Doom is 616 Doom. Johnny is a counterpart of 616 Johnny.

616 Sue and 616 Johnny died in Secret Wars # 1.
    I doubt it's that simple.

Doom is God and we know he saved what was left of 616 and that he has brainwashed 616 characters for sure.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I doubt it's that simple.

Doom is God and we know he saved what was left of 616 and that he has brainwashed 616 characters for sure.
    I think that you right on. IIRC Strange made a comment to Doom about his family now that Reed was back.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Ugh. Bleeding Cool. I hope Johnston's careful not to hurt himself while constantly patting himself on the back. And I still don't give a damn what unnamed sources say. If someone from Marvel actually goes on the record that the comic was cancelled because of the movie, fine. But as long as it's just unnamed sources, I have no shits to spare for it. As far as I'm concerned, it's nothing but rumour-mongering and sensationalism, a poor replacement for actual journalism.

And I'm still betting on Reed and Doom dying. It's simply the most logical way to end the story. This is basically the ultimate Doom story, and it's looking to set up a huge climax for the Reed/Doom rivalry. Having them kill each other is simply the effective way to finish the story.
    I was told by Marvel staffers who had the word come down to them. i have been doing this for twenty-three years. By now you should have an idea if I can be trusted to tell you the truth about this kind of thing or not.

As far as I have been told by said sources, Reed and Sue are in mourning. If you recall, I told you that the Thing was joining Guardians months before that was announced. Same sources.

But I could be wrong.

I think the comic will be back once they think that it will provide a big enough sales boost to warrant a return.

If they were to launch a FF comic right out of Secret Wars, it'd probably be down to 25-30k issues a month within a half dozen issues. They can get the same production, if not better from a title that they own the movie rights to like adding an additional Inhumans title where it pays them dividends to build up the brand. After a while, it'll be worth it again to bring back the FF because they could hype up the first issue after all the other new titles have settled down and get a good turnout that will trickle down over the next few months.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Quote Originally Posted by klefmung View Post
    Other than that Johnny is the sun. But yea, it would be a spoiler.
    Also: Ben is the Shield.

The Fantastic Four should be written next by Christopher Priest.

if marvel can't have comics because they don't have movie rights then we've only got a couple dozen of characters to read XD

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    Also: Ben is the Shield.
    he is? where can i read this?
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    if marvel can't have comics because they don't have movie rights then we've only got a couple dozen of characters to read XD

he is? where can i read this?
    Ben-as-Shield is in Siege. He's been a minor supporting character so far.