Default Is a Marvel/Star Wars Crossover Comic Inevitable?

Well?

I'm not saying that it comes within the next year, but on a long enough timeline is a meeting of the Marvel and Star Wars universes inevitable? Would anyone be interested in reading something like that? I imagine it would have to take place out of continuity for both franchises but it could be fun with a "sure, why not?" mentality. Avengers teaming up with Luke, Han, and Leia. Galactus travels to a galaxy far, far away. Iron Man throwing down against Boba Fett or Dr. Doom versus Darth Vader to name a few quick ideas. It might end up being standard crossover fare but I imagine there's some appeal there. It would probably sell pretty well.

What do you think?

And this isn't even considering a MCU/Star Wars film. Sorry, Patton Oswalt.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

inevitably it will come.

Long time ago (Ancient) in a galaxy far, far away (Aliens). Obviously we need to ask Giorgio.

Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 08-15-2015 at 10:16 AM.

Yeah, just like there have been a ton of crossovers between the Disney and Marvel characters!

Itīs just a matter of time to see a crossover, itīs too tempter
    but probably it would be out of the main continuity,

They're owned by the same company. There's no legal barrier preventing it from happening. So yeah, I think it is inevitable. Marvel once said an Ultimate/616 would never happen. They were wrong. Eventually, a Star Wars/Marvel Universe crossover will happen. It might not happen for a while, but it will happen.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

There is one thing that will keep this from happening any time soon and that is the fact that the Lucasfilm story group controls what can and can not be put out not Marvel. All the comics are considered cannon now and the story group is not going to allow a crossover just so Marvel can sell a few books.

Maybe down the road after the new movies are done they might do a crossover, but not for the next 5 or 6 years.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, of course is it. Remember when Quesada said that if they cross over the 616 and Ultimate universes, they would have officially ran out of ideas? Oh well...