Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default If Fox does do an X-Men TV show, what network should it be on? FOX, or FX?

Let's fact facts, yo.

The better quality television shows between the two networks come on FX, for the very large majority. However, those are normally the much more mature, darker, and raunchier, series.

In my opinion, it depends on the type of show.

Most us agree that the properties that lends themselves most to television are X-Factor, and New X-Men/Academy X. I think it's safe to say that X-Factor would benefit from FX's freedom of creativity, while an X-kids show would benefit from the wider audience that the FOX channel would bring it. However, the Academy X/New X-Men era deals with dark issues as well, that could be shown with the most respect on FX. In the same way, even if I believe an channel, like FX, would be best for X-Factor, channels like the CW, and USA, have shown they can put on pretty good shows, of the kind X-Factor would be, in Supernatural, and Graceland, respectively.

So, what do you guys think?

Definitely Fx. I won't forgive fox for the crap they gave whedon over Firefly.

Plus hey, considering all the things in the Xverse, Fx just seems like a more logical choice. Unless it gets outsourced to A&E.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Amazing Member

Without a doubt HBO. The only way an X-Men series would work is if it had the kind of production values and care put into it that shows like Game of Thrones have. Netflix's Daredevil benefitted from the subscription model. If you do it by committee, which is how a network show would work, the whole project would suffer. I know it won't happen because it's Fox and they want to do their own thing, but it would be the best result. I don't want an X-Men series that's only tangentially related to the X universe and dreadfully boring like Agents of Shield or Gotham.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Olslick View Post
    Without a doubt HBO. The only way an X-Men series would work is if it had the kind of production values and care put into it that shows like Game of Thrones have. Netflix's Daredevil benefitted from the subscription model. If you do it by committee, which is how a network show would work, the whole project would suffer. I know it won't happen because it's Fox and they want to do their own thing, but it would be the best result. I don't want an X-Men series that's only tangentially related to the X universe and dreadfully boring like Agents of Shield or Gotham.
    See, I would agree that Fox should use HBO, Starz, or even Netflix, but, seeing as Fox already has prominent networks, I think it's far more likely that we see them use their own networks to boost their own ratings and viewership.

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    See, I would agree that Fox should use HBO, Starz, or even Netflix, but, seeing as Fox already has prominent networks, I think it's far more likely that we see them use their own networks to boost their own ratings and viewership.
    Oh god, there not gonna use those guys from nip tuck again as cast are they?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post

Plus hey, considering all the things in the Xverse, Fx just seems like a more logical choice. Unless it gets outsourced to A&E.
    AMC X-Force in a breaking bad style. that's the dream. FX all the way.
    “I am the ultimate hunter, come from the future to destroy you.”

BANNED

HBO

Fox has now become as generic as the CW.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post

lol I can't believe people are still hung up on Firefly.

If Fox wasn't it to be successful, they'll put it in their lineup on Fox's main affiliates alongside shows like Gotham. The problem is if they do that, they'll have to water it down. But they already do that with the movies so I really don't think that's an issue.

But if Fox wants to bold and reckless, they'll put it on FX and they'll do things on that show that they can't do on a broadcast network. They already do that with shows like Archer, which show more blood and profanity than would ever be allowed on a network station. I'd almost prefer this because it would be the complete antithesis of what we're getting on Disney XD with Marvel's animated shows. That and I don't think a live-action show on Fox would beat Agents of SHIELD. I think that show has just become too big and too refined.

This all still assumes that Marvel will get the TV rights. And I can't imagine Marvel/Disney doing anything to help them tighten their grip on a property that they desperately want back. Maybe they can cut a deal for more lucrative profits. Maybe they can throw the F4 rights into the mix, but I doubt Fox will get that desperate. But right now, I think the legal issues surrounding the rights are the biggest challenge and not picking a network.

Also, for those want a show on HBO, there's one huge problem. HBO is owned by Time Warner, not Fox. If Fox wanted to use HBO, they would have to fork over more money to Time Warner, a major competitor no less. They're not going to do that.
    Last edited by MarvelMaster616; 08-15-2015 at 05:55 AM.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

its obvious Fox will want to air it on her own network, more than likely Fox tv, just like Gotham. Of course, having it on HBO or Netflix would be more than awesome, but its not gonna happen, so the best we can hope is that the writers and creative team do a really great job with the characters and the script so xmen fanbase and new viewers keep it alive during some seasons, hopefully 3 at least.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

FoX for the bigger budget and more viewer's

Mighty Member

HBO/Netflix
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
    AMC X-Force in a breaking bad style. that's the dream. FX all the way.
    Yes! Yes!! YES!!!

Definitely FX, so the show doesn't hold back from showing blood, violence and nudity.

BANNED

Nudity isn't allowed on The FX and blood and violence are already pretty commonplace on broadcast TV.

Though I don't see why an X-Men TV series requires gratuitous amounts of any of those things.