Super Moderator

Default Pipeline - Jun 3, 2014

Augie has some random thoughts on the Fantastic Four rumors swirling about, and is disappointed by the reprint quality in the Spider-Man Omnibus.

Full article here.

My thought is that this is something specific to the Fantastic Four. Marvel is pissed about something. We (rumormongers and fandom) have been trying desperately to find the answer. So what is it about the upcoming Fantastic Four film that is unique?

Maybe, because it is a reimagining and Marvel does not approve of the final product. Maybe Marvel is afraid that if this take is popular it could harm the franchise for them. Marvel is very protective of their properties. Remember the other rumors about the Fantastic Four film? Supposedly FOX wanted to replace the director. There are definitely things going on behind the scenes and I think it has to do with this film and nothing else about Fox or Sony specifically.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

I regards to the digital only thing, Diamond reps were spreading that rumor a while ago and I think a few Marvel people stepped on it quickly. Diamond always spreads BS digital rumors as at one point they were hoping to launch a Diamond digital service to crush comiXology where comic stores could sell digital comics right from their registers. It didn't happen, so now Diamond reps go around making up crazy rumors to freak out LCS about Marvel/DC's plans.

The most recent one was that Marvel is going to cancel ALL their monthly books and only publish them digitally. Then they would sell trades in shops. Again, IIRC, some Marvel people laughed at that rumor when it was floating around about a month or so ago.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    The most recent one was that Marvel is going to cancel ALL their monthly books and only publish them digitally. Then they would sell trades in shops. Again, IIRC, some Marvel people laughed at that rumor when it was floating around about a month or so ago.
    That is a dumb rumor. The big two make more money from selling issues than they do selling trades. That is akin to leaving money on the table!

BANNED

What I would do if I ruled the world (of Marvel) is reboot everything, but as 2 separate universes (just not Ultimate U, bury that forever).
    One universe is what Marvel owns the rights to, the other not.
    That way you get a universe with the X-men and F4, and another with Avengers and all the "street levels" (DD, GR, Pun, etc) and the NuHumans (Inhumans soon to be new name).
    And have Miles Morales Spidey in X-men/F4 Universe, and Peter Parker in Avengers U. Or, hell, make a 3rd "SpideyVerse".
    There's waaaay to many characters all under Marvels umbrella, I think this would be a great idea.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

With regards to the "recolouring" they gave the ASM Michelinie/McFarlane Omnibus, maybe Felix was intentionally "camouflaged" in order for him to be a better disguised "easter egg"?