Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Bluebird

If DC can have both kid-focused and adult-focused animated features, I don't see why Marvel can't do the same thing. Let the kiddies have their Assemble/Ultimate Spidey/Guardians/Hulk SMASH/etc., and have Netflix-exclusive animation aimed at an older audience.

Amazing Member

The worse episode of A:EMH was written by Man Of Action. I can't remember the episode title but it was really dumbed down and totally about marketing the big three over story. I hate the fact that Marvel TV is riding MCU so hard. We won't see anybody from The Avengers unless they will be starring in the movies.

i would'nt accuse A:EMH of riding MCU hard.
    the characters in it are distinct enough to tell them apart from their MCU counter aparts.......unlike avengers assemble
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Not a fan of the news lady's acting, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I would like to see a return to quality Marvel toons had before he took over like Wolverine and the X-Men, Iron Man: Armored Adventures and Avengers: EMH.
    We're never getting another X-Men cartoon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    If kids are watching and enjoying these cartoons, then it really shouldn't matter. We're not entitled to like or enjoy these cartoons. Let kids have something, even if you or I don't personally care for it.

And Marvel Comics are absolutely not for children. These comics have ratings, which people tend to forget. Most mainline Marvel books are Teen+. Some titles may not fall under that, but let's not kid ourselves. Marvel comics are not made for kids unless stated as such.
    Batman the animated series was for kids and that was still a quality show.

I don't see why a show has to be bad, just because its for kids.
    Last edited by The Overlord; 08-17-2015 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Batman the animated series was for kids and that was still a quality show.

I don't see why a show has to be bad, just because its for kids.
    "Bad" is subjective. There's nothing in these new shows that's turning kids into mindless slugs, as I'm sure a lot of people would like to believe to justify their negative opinion.

Kids can enjoy different forms of entertainment. Not just really serious and subtle shows like Batman: TAS.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    i would'nt accuse A:EMH of riding MCU hard.
    the characters in it are distinct enough to tell them apart from their MCU counter aparts.......unlike avengers assemble
    Though they were over-emphasizing the "Big Three" quite a bit during the latter half of S2, to the point where quite a few episodes during that stretch were strictly focused on Cap and/or Iron Man, causing the rest of the team to be shunted to the background as either cannon fodder for the villains du jour or just be forgotten altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Though they were over-emphasizing the "Big Three" quite a bit during the latter half of S2, to the point where quite a few episodes during that stretch were strictly focused on Cap and/or Iron Man, causing the rest of the team to be shunted to the background as either cannon fodder for the villains du jour or just be forgotten altogether.
    The events that you speak of is after Loeb and Man of Action (who would create Avengers Assemble in AEMH's place) took control of the show from Joshua Fine and Christopher Yost.

Decided to resurrect this thread instead of making a new one.

Marvel animation doesn't seem to have gotten any better.

Especially when compared to DC's great animated shows (and video games).

Is there a way for Marvel to improve their animated shows? Or should they start their animated universe from scratch? I know what happened with Earth's Mightiest Heroes, but the drop in storytelling was dramatic.

I wonder if this is a Disney thing, as their animated shows recently seem to be sub-par recently. The best shows in that would be similar are on Cartoon Network or were on Nickelodeon (The DC shows, Steven Universe, Avatar).

Also, the exclusion of X-Men and Fantastic Four is beyond annoying.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-24-2017 at 11:49 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

We don't have a date yet for the upcoming Ant-Man and Wasp mini series , right?

The last Marvel Animation films worth watching were the Planet Hulk, Ultimates and the Hulk Vs. The rest just pander to a young audience or just a dumb down the actual cartoon.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Decided to resurrect this thread instead of making a new one.

Marvel animation doesn't seem to have gotten any better.

Especially when compared to DC's great animated shows (and video games).

Is there a way for Marvel to improve their animated shows? Or should they start their animated universe from scratch? I know what happened with Earth's Mightiest Heroes, but the drop in storytelling was dramatic.

I wonder if this is a Disney thing, as their animated shows recently seem to be sub-par recently. The best shows in that would be similar are on Cartoon Network or were on Nickelodeon (The DC shows, Steven Universe, Avatar).

Also, the exclusion of X-Men and Fantastic Four is beyond annoying.
    Marvel animation will improve once Loeb is no longer at the helm. He's been the driving force of the current Marvel toons being dumb nonsensical crap.

Can Marvel Animation petition Disney for bigger budget for their in-house animation?

Be nice to have Marvel cartoons look consistently good at least .

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    We're never getting another X-Men cartoon.
    Not while Disney and Fox continue to act so childish about their rivalry. Since the main thing they're doing is trying to prevent kids from liking the X-Men, I don't see why they can't make adult focused X-Toons.