Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, #217

COBRA RISING! Cobra's latest operation brings the fight to G.I. Joe's turf...
    · A new SNAKE EYES brings revenge to COBRA's doorstep!

Full article here.

Astonishing Member

In spite of the use of the Pale Peony, I'd sort of forgotten that Hama's DDP Storm Shadow solo series is more or less "Hamaverse canon" (existing in that weird space where it's a coda for the DDP run, but also is sort of a miniseries that can be set between the Marvel and IDW ARAH runs - bugger me though, impossible or not I still try to reconcile DDP and IDW because I'm an idiot). But damn if this preview doesn't just bring up the resolution of issue # 4 of that.

Still though, it was an important moment in the Hama Storm Shadow/Zartan detente, and a miniseries that got him figuring out clever uses for Night Creepers, Red Ninjas, ex-Night Creepers, ex-Cobras, ex-spies, and building new mythology for the Arashikage Clan. Even the odd ex-Nazi-built Ninja B.A.T. issue is something of a prototype or predecessor of the IDW run's Revanche Industries cybernetic stuff.

I'm eager to see Storm Shadow a bit more front and center in the story with all the Collins shenanigans going on and the wake of Snake Eyes' passing.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com