Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    Also, the O5 are just in the way and need to go.
    In the way of what? I just don't understand.

If anyone is in the way of changes in the schism status-quo, it's Wolverine, Storm and Cyclops. Or do you mean in the way of the hypothetical comic, that would have included all your favorite non-characters, writen by the best author ever, with the universally acclaimed artist, and that would have out-sold all other books?

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Sharkgirl, Glob, Eyeboy the guy with 3 faces... All the funny looking canon fodders that serve no purpose outside of pitty.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    You can only dislike someone or something that is interesting. It's hard to dislike Pixie or all the JGS kids as they are totaly insignificant: At worse, you can be indifferent to them and not give a thought about them.

Current adult Iceman (as writen by Bendis)
    Chuck Storm Norris (The one that can make it rain on the sun, not the normal one)
    Not a X-Man but Lockheed: nothing to do in this kind of book. (and if Kitty really needed a pet, she could have done like Carol and got a cat... ah ah)
    Pixie and all the JGS "forever" kids but as I said, it's not dislike, it's just plain total indifference as they are just background noise
    Teen Jean isn't even that interesting. And no, something doesn't have to be interesting to be disliked. Somethings or someone can be disliked for how uninteresting they are.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    When I first saw the title of this thread my first thought was was "their least favorite charatcer is going to be Jean". lol I've been on CBR a long time.
    Haha, you got me. But to be fair, it's teen Jean I have a problem with. Not so much the older counterpart anymore.
    Last edited by thecrimson; 08-16-2015 at 06:46 AM.

I think disliking a character before you can get to know them is a little too presumptuous. It is like saying you hate grapes before you have ever tried them.

Quentin Quire. Each page with him on it is just cringe. It's like they decided the world needs another Deadpool but a not funny or interesting version just some 90's throwback character style force fed down everyone's throat because for some reason Marvel editors find him hilarious. I'd rather read a comic with Fantomex he's just boring but Quentin Quire just makes me want to burn the comic. It confuses me how a character that very few people seem to like gets so much time spent on him.

And an honorary mention to creations like Eye Boy,Shark Girl etc that exist for comedy value.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Can we add Squirrel Girl, she's a mutant (and AWFUL!). Why does everyone hate Fantomex so much? Is it all from Morrison's run?
    I'm not sure SG counts, she's not an X-character. And we need more mutants in the other books (CompleX reasons. ).

On Fantomex, Morrison's run was fine, I didn't understand him then, it was like Morrison was trying to make him cool. Sadly in the first issues he was in he killed Darkstar, putting a big minus at first. That said I think much of his fleshed out persona after Morrison left is the reason people don't like him. Not a mutant, cocky, bad ripped off design. Me personally, just don't see what (I presume) the writers see, he's like a 13 yr olds version of cool.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I think disliking a character before you can get to know them is a little too presumptuous. It is like saying you hate grapes before you have ever tried them.
    I'm not sure who this is referencing because if it was me I'm sure teen Jean has been around long enough for people to form an opinion of her and either like or dislike her.

Also I do hate grapes and have tried them :P
    Last edited by thecrimson; 08-16-2015 at 07:59 AM.

Quire. Fantomex. Hope Summers. Most characters Marvel insists on pushing without a clear idea of what their actual arc is supposed to be, making them a waste of everyone's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Or do you mean in the way of the hypothetical comic, that would have included all your favorite non-characters, written by the best author ever, with the universally acclaimed artist, and that would have out-sold all other books?
    I've been saying this for a bit too - getting rid of something one won't buy doesn't mean it will be magically replaced on the shelf by their hypothetical ideal. The replacement will most likely be similar to the other books they won't buy...
    Dark does not mean deep.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Gambit, Magneto, Fantomax, Mystique, Havok, bitchy Storm, Wolverine, Sabretooth
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Quire. Fantomex. Hope Summers. Most characters Marvel insists on pushing without a clear idea of what their actual arc is supposed to be, making them a waste of everyone's time.
    Forgot how much I loathe Fantomex...
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Mighty Member

Toss up between Magik and Emma.
    I liked Magik back when she was in New Mutants, but I can't stand the 'new' version of her - she's an icicle. And Emma Frost, who's just a nasty smug person. What always made me mad was how the X Men treated Rogue when she first became an X Man, yet Emma, who'd done far worse, was not only immediately accepted but quickly became leader, because she was Cyclops's girlfriend.
    I actually liked her under Whedon though.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    I'm not sure SG counts, she's not an X-character. And we need more mutants in the other books (CompleX reasons. ).

On Fantomex, Morrison's run was fine, I didn't understand him then, it was like Morrison was trying to make him cool. Sadly in the first issues he was in he killed Darkstar, putting a big minus at first. That said I think much of his fleshed out persona after Morrison left is the reason people don't like him. Not a mutant, cocky, bad ripped off design. Me personally, just don't see what (I presume) the writers see, he's like a 13 yr olds version of cool.
    I always thought him a bad rip off of Gambit. Who has been ignored far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Can we add Squirrel Girl, she's a mutant (and AWFUL!).
    Isn't she retconned into "having squirrel blood"?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I've been saying this for a bit too - getting rid of something one won't buy doesn't mean it will be magically replaced on the shelf by their hypothetical ideal. The replacement will most likely be similar to the other books they won't buy...
    Yep, it's doubtful that we would have got "Uncanny Wolverine and the X-kiddies" to complement WatXM (and if we had, we sure would be complaining about it).