Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    First we got ANXM and UXM was only announced AFTER that as ANXM's sister title so clearly UXM was supporting to ANXM and not the other way around?
    Oh, ok, now I understand! Flagship = whatever book come out first. No matter that there nearly always was 2 main teams of X-Men, one in "X-Men" (or "New X-Men") and the other in UXM. A new 3rd book that is created and that doesn't have anything to do with those 2 main books is suddenly the flagship and replace them. Ok. Whatever.

Scott, Emma and co were already in a book before Bendis UXM. And it was already planed that Bendis would write UXM before he started writing ANXM. It was not about one book supporting the other: it was 2 different books with different concept and different "mood". One that had nothing to do with the previous story arcs and characters involved in them and one that was directly following up on the conséquences of AvX and the P5.

I seem to remember Bendis or Alonso saying that the idea of O5 had been floating around the offices and Bendis snapped it for his book. To me that was a nice way of saying that it was an editorial mandate.
    What Bendis said is that he doesn't claim the idea is from him. That it was already floating around. But he was the one that wanted to write a story based on this concept. Now you are free to believe that Marvel told him: you shall write a story about the O5 or you are fire. It doesn't change anything: It still didnt "stole" the "rightfull" place of another book.

Why it should have sold exceptionally better?
    Because you said that ANXM and UXM are the reasons why the sales are going down. X-Men had nothing to do with them so it should have sold better.

Well I am happy that there seems to be more focus in the line but O5 still occupy one of the 3 remaining books
    O5 minus Jean but with X-23 and at least 2 of the JGS kids. And you said it yourself: it's the third book. The one that didn't replaced X-Men or UXM but was an extra book based on the O5.

Eh, Avengers and Inhumans are still getting NEW stories with NEW characters. Their fans don't have to read about books that feature 3 Medusas and Black Bolts or 4 Steve Rogers' or Tony Starks from different timelines.
    Well, i guess that you never heard of teen Tony or Kang in general then; besides that apparently there is two solo books about Iron Man, and that there is Thor and Odinson, and Falcon-Cap and Steve Rogers. And i dont how new something can be, if they are copies of the X-men's characters, like Daredevil's new friend and the Inhuman girl in Uncanny Avengers.

Where exactly did they call adjectiveless a flagship title?! I never saw it promoted as a flagship book. I only saw promotions hailing the two Bendis books as the flagship titles. First we got ANXM and UXM was only announced AFTER that as ANXM's sister title so clearly UXM was supporting to ANXM and not the other way around?

I seem to remember Bendis or Alonso saying that the idea of O5 had been floating around the offices and Bendis snapped it for his book. To me that was a nice way of saying that it was an editorial mandate.

Nope, no need to filter the posts when two out of three mention one of these as the worst: Fantomex, Quentin, Hope, Idie or O5.

Why it should have sold exceptionally better? As I said it wasn't promoted as the flagship and Wood kept losing his cast members in the beginning and then he got tired of it and left and after that the whole book became directionless. So even if it was a flagship at first, which I'm not saying it was, it still lost that title when it lost it's writer. And Marvel didn't see it as important enough to place a stable creative team on it. That doesn't sond like something Marvel would do with a flagship title.

Well I am happy that there seems to be more focus in the line but O5 still occupy one of the 3 remaining books while the another features Fantomex and Land and the last one that I'm putting all my hope in sems to be meant to promote replacement X-Men based on the early information but we'll see how that turns out.

Yes, it is.
    Well, i dont remember that Marvel ever said that ANXM was a flagship book.

Incredible Member

There are quite a few of them. Most of the time-displaced X-men (Cable, Bishop, Rachel Summers), Gambit(reading that cajun accent drove me nuts), Deadpool(when he got over the top wacky), most of the Bendis created young X-men with the exception of Eva ( the rest could go away forever as far as I am concerned).

and Wood kept losing his cast members in the beginning and then he got tired of it and left and after that the whole book became directionless.
    It was planned that Bendis would use Kitty before ANXM started. So who did Wood lost except Rogue?

Except for Scott, Emma, Magik and Kitty that were claimed by Bendis (the total for his 2 books!, Wood could choose among all those important X-Men that were waiting to shine. And he couldn't find any he wanted to write about?

Many I dislike. Emma Frost comes to mind. As far as "hate"' not many.
    1. Fantomex! Please Cullen, we don't want you to even try to make us like him. He takes up good roster space!
    2. Hepzibah- love the character, hated her as an X-Man.
    3. ...that's all

Quentin Quire, the All-New O5, and Scarlet Witch.

I know that Scarlet Witch kinda doesn't count as a mutant anymore, but still. I feckin hate Scarlet Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    Most of the X-Men these days have that annoying hypocritical "holier than thou" personality where they all judge each other. It's like the mutants hate each other more than many non-mutants don't like them. This fact is enough reason for most of the X-Men to be many people's least favourite at the moment.

None embodies the "holier than thou" personality than Storm. I don't dislike Storm but I would consider her my least favourite of the team. She's rude to pretty much everybody (even the friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man). She needs a reality check to hit her like a bus to the face.

Also I can't take her seriously with that Mohawk. Until she gets rid of it, then I will literally be unable to even, you guys.
    The over the top fanbase doesn't help too, the nutty Storm fans were the bane of the ComicVine forums.

Still,, "I'll meet you at the monorail" remains the best line delivery ever.

Other characters who aren't so peachy include yes Fantomex, he is annoying (I kinda liked that female version of him though) and we didn't need another Gambit. Oya annoys me with her non-stop pity party. Goldballs is stupid. Yeah let's just say most of the wallpaper mutants who add absolutely nothing to the story. I'm mostly apathetic to Gambit, not really a fan (to me he's a second rate Plastique) but I'm intrigued in the movie. I found '90s Rogue to be annoying, but I do like the character's modern incarnation much more (everybody will disagree with me but I find her more interesting as an Avenger).

I like comics Mystique, but I don't like the movie version. They wanted Jennifer Lawrence to be a leading lady and so they messed with the character to make her more heroic. I wish they didn't have a famous actress playing her so we could get more of a villain one. But they decided to give her the Juggernaut's role which didn't fit her as well.

I bet nobody here likes me now haha sorry. I'm nice, I promise!
    Y, I have to agree with pretty much everything you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Oh, ok, now I understand! Flagship = whatever book come out first. No matter that there nearly always was 2 main teams of X-Men, one in "X-Men" (or "New X-Men") and the other in UXM. A new 3rd book that is created and that doesn't have anything to do with those 2 main books is suddenly the flagship and replace them. Ok. Whatever.
    No, but the way they first announced it it came off as UXM was a sister book to ANXM, which gives the indication that it's a complementary title to that. And isn't it pretty logical that the book that is first announced, has the most high profile creative team and receives most of the promotion and is one of the 2 books to determine the direction of the overall frnachise is the flagship?
    Scott, Emma and co were already in a book before Bendis UXM. And it was already planed that Bendis would write UXM before he started writing ANXM. It was not about one book supporting the other: it was 2 different books with different concept and different "mood". One that had nothing to do with the previous story arcs and characters involved in them and one that was directly following up on the conséquences of AvX and the P5.
    Yes but Marvel could have announced UXM if that was the one they saw as the number one book and the one that would determine the direction of the franchise. Yet they announced ANXM first and UXM only after that. And it's not even like they had any reason to keep it as a surprise since everyone knew to expect it.
    What Bendis said is that he doesn't claim the idea is from him. That it was already floating around. But he was the one that wanted to write a story based on this concept. Now you are free to believe that Marvel told him: you shall write a story about the O5 or you are fire. It doesn't change anything: It still didnt "stole" the "rightfull" place of another book.
    That kind of talk makes me feel that it was practically someone telling him or at least encouraging him to use that idea. And I never said that it 'stole' any book's place, all I said that Marvel is using it to make their x-line look bigger and healthier than it actually is.
    Because you said that ANXM and UXM are the reasons why the sales are going down. X-Men had nothing to do with them so it should have sold better.
    I never said that those titles specifically are the reason why the sales are down, but the concepts behind them and how they were executed is the reason. You can't deny that UXM and ANXM have had the most high profile creative team as well as the most promotion out of all the x-books over the last 2-3 years. And you also can't deny that Bendis, the writer of these two titles, was hailed as THE writer for the X-Men thus giving readers the impression that if they were to only buy 1 or 2 x-titles then those titles would be the ones to choose since they're the ones that determine the direction of the whole franchise. In effect Marvel confirmed that out of all the x-titles these 2 would be the most likely to succeed. And as I said, X-Men lost it's direction completely once Wood left yet no other writer was assigned to the book, giving the clear message that in the overall scheme that book didn't mater and thus it couldn't have been a flagship book or have the same chances to succeed as UXM and ANXM did.
    O5 minus Jean but with X-23 and at least 2 of the JGS kids. And you said it yourself: it's the third book. The one that didn't replaced X-Men or UXM but was an extra book based on the O5.
    Yes, and if there absolutely has to be a book focusing on O5 then it should be a sidebook, not the flagship book. However there are still tons of prominent x-characters missing and others have been shipped off to other books. Marvel has effectively started slowly moving prominent and important X-Men to non-x-books and they are likely using O5 to cover this. When O5 are around to fill the cast of one book fans won't notice that there is a book's worth of cast members missing or they have been moved to other titles
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, i guess that you never heard of teen Tony or Kang in general then; besides that apparently there is two solo books about Iron Man, and that there is Thor and Odinson, and Falcon-Cap and Steve Rogers. And i dont how new something can be, if they are copies of the X-men's characters, like Daredevil's new friend and the Inhuman girl in Uncanny Avengers.
    I have heard of those but what exactly do they have to do with this? Kang is a separate character from Tony Stark, and he never was Iron Man in the avengers as far as I know, just Iron Lad in the Young Avengers which didn't feature Tony Stark/Iron Man. And even so Iron Lad is not an alternate reality Tony Stark, it was a different character from the future taking up a mantle that was homage to Iron Man, not taking up the mantle of Iron Man. And same goes for Lady Thor and FalCap. Those are different characters taking up the mantle of previous characters, not duplicates of those previous characters which was the point. And I have no idea what these X-Men rip off Inhumans have to do with this discussion? They are being created likely to replace the X-Men who have most potential marketing vice, like Psynapse is a replacement Psylocke and this DD's sidekick is a replacement Gambit. My point is that even if the Inhumans are being directed to become X-Men, at a least writer are putting in effort and new characters are being created, eve if they are rip offs. That's not something you can say about X-Men who haven't had new villains in... I don't even know how long... 2 year? 3 years?
    Well, i dont remember that Marvel ever said that ANXM was a flagship book.
    Well they sure as hell promoted it as if it was one. As I said above it was written by Bendis, promoted the most beside UXM and aside from UXM was the only one to have a consistent creative writer with long term plans and was said to determine the direction of the franchise along with UXM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    It was planned that Bendis would use Kitty before ANXM started. So who did Wood lost except Rogue?
    Except for Scott, Emma, Magik and Kitty that were claimed by Bendis (the total for his 2 books!, Wood could choose among all those important X-Men that were waiting to shine. And he couldn't find any he wanted to write about?
    Yes, but Kitty was still at the school originally, then he was removed from there and also simultaneously removed from X-Men and Rogue was taken off as you said. And Wood even highlighted this by having Rachel say that she wished that Rogue would come back which came off as Wood making a meta comment on suddenly losing her without warning. And even the loss of these 2 hurt the book since it was supposed to be a book that featured all the most popular x-women in 1 title which was used as a promotion point and then when 2 of those were suddenly gone it was only to be expected that it would hurt the sales. And aside from that promoting it as all female book also made it then impossible to replace these 2 with some other prominent male X-Men.

Havoc to me is the least interesting to me. I really do hate the character. Especially when he's leading. The only time i ever found him worthy was when he was in space. So in other words on earth he sucks.

I have heard of those but what exactly do they have to do with this? Kang is a separate character from Tony Stark, and he never was Iron Man in the avengers as far as I know, just Iron Lad in the Young Avengers which didn't feature Tony Stark/Iron Man. And even so Iron Lad is not an alternate reality Tony Stark, it was a different character from the future taking up a mantle that was homage to Iron Man, not taking up the mantle of Iron Man. And same goes for Lady Thor and FalCap. Those are different characters taking up the mantle of previous characters, not duplicates of those previous characters which was the point. And I have no idea what these X-Men rip off Inhumans have to do with this discussion? They are being created likely to replace the X-Men who have most potential marketing vice, like Psynapse is a replacement Psylocke and this DD's sidekick is a replacement Gambit. My point is that even if the Inhumans are being directed to become X-Men, at a least writer are putting in effort and new characters are being created, eve if they are rip offs. That's not something you can say about X-Men who haven't had new villains in... I don't even know how long... 2 year? 3 years?

Well they sure as hell promoted it as if it was one. As I said above it was written by Bendis, promoted the most beside UXM and aside from UXM was the only one to have a consistent creative writer with long term plans and was said to determine the direction of the franchise along with UXM.
    Well, you said that the Avengers/Inhumans readers dont have to deal with duplicates and time displaced characters...............................

And i never said that Kang and Iron Man were the same person; but Iron Lad and Immortus are time-displaced versions of Kang, one is a teen version and the other is an old version.

And we have gotten new villains, like the Hellfire Club-house, Arkea, Raze and Xavier jr.

Havoc should join GTG or the Star Jammer for good and leave the. Xmen behind.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Gambit,Gambit and Gambit! :-p The unkempt hair, the YUCKY STUBBLE, the cheesy French accent...
    Bwahahahahah YES!!! BUT i would have to say Pixie. Really wish Magik would have stuffed that moth in limbo and forgot about her

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, you said that the Avengers/Inhumans readers dont have to deal with duplicates and time displaced characters...............................

And i never said that Kang and Iron Man were the same person; but Iron Lad and Immortus are time-displaced versions of Kang, one is a teen version and the other is an old version.

And we have gotten new villains, like the Hellfire Club-house, Arkea, Raze and Xavier jr.
    Yes, but the differences here are that not-Gambit ans not-Psylocke are inhumans and as inhumans they are unique, there is no other Gambit clone in inhumans and neither is there other Psylocke clone.

And Iron Lad, who was a teenage Kang was only on YA team and Kang is a villain who hasn't been on any Avengers team. My issue with O5 is that we already have 1 Cyke, 1 Angel, 1 Iceman and 1 Beast and now we have we have 2 of those. And for a while now we have had 2 versions of the same character being featured on the x-books' casts at the same time! (In Beast's case it was even more!) To me that's a waste.

And on top of that as far as us readers know O5 will have to eventually return to their rightful time and all their experiences will have to be erased thus making all of their experiences in 616 pointless alternate what if takes. And don't get me wrong, I love alternate what if takes when there's imagination and things are different but not when it's like this where we have basically the same character only as a little younger version.

And even if the O5 somehow become able to stay in the present what is their point when we already have he originals? Well, at least the ones that haven't been shipped off to other MCU books.

And when it comes to villains, well, where is Arkea anyway? Whatever happened to her? And HF Clubhouse and Future Brotherhood have barely even been featured in the books after their introduction. Same goes for Animax who was yet another one off villain who never appeared again after her debut issue. And Dark Beast, only recurring x-villains only appeared for an arc so that he could be killed off like most other x-villains have been. Who's left anymore?

Ultimate Member

Most of my least favorites (Quire, Hope, Fantomex) have already been mentioned, but I'll add;

Warlock. Artistically, he's a doodle, not a character. He's ridiculously powerful (his dad once ripped a star in half and threw it at him) and turned out to be more trouble as a friend than he was worth, at times (since his presence led the Magus to Earth, and resulted in Sym and Nastirh and the Phalanx becoming unkillable techno-organic beings, and Sym was *pre-technomorph* able to break off one of Wolverine's claws and beat Colossus to death, the last thing he needed was an upgrade!). I liked him once, in a single panel, where he turned into a sweet looking battlesuit for Cypher in Asgard, but I realized at that moment I'd rather see Cypher wear a bulletproof vest than ever see Warlock again.

Cable. Ugh. I have an automatic dislike of Liefield characters, and only a few of them (Deadpool, Tempo, Dragoness) have overcome that. Cable has not. It took long enough for Liefield to remember to give him a mutant power, and then it was the boring 'yet another telekinetic/telepath' powerset, with the caveat that he'd barely ever use it anyway. Yawn. He's one of those Liefield designs that could benefit from just one more pouch. A big one. Over his face.

Trevor Fitzroy, of the Upstarts. He killed Catseye, a character about fifty times cooler than he ever was. Shinobi Shaw and Sienna Blaze follow closely on his heels. (Shinobi for the same reason, for killing his dad, despite not being worth a pimple on that man's butt.)

I used to like Wolverine. Then he got trendy, back in the 80s, and I stopped liking him. Then it got trendy to *not* like him. Now I'm all confused and don't know what to feel. Every now and then I go re-read Death of Phoenix or similar older stories and am struck by how likable (or at least admirable) Logan and Scott and Jean and Ororo and Hank and Warren and Kurt and Piotr can be, and wonder what happened to all those people. I find it hard to dislike even the more recent interpretations of them, since they were pretty cool, back in the day.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 08-16-2015 at 08:45 PM.

Given how sloppy continuity has gotten, I find it hard to dislike characters so much as the writers(the veil is gone).

Post-Morrison Quentin is a waste, as are many of the nuX-kids, but they hardly warrant the effort of typing. I don't like Emma as an X-Man, but as a character she's fine.

The only character I can genuinely dislike is Hope. They killed Kurt and vilified Bishop for her, and in the end she defected to the Avengers and turned into the internet? No, just no.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!